Voting Results:
1. Brandt Clarke, D (98.8%)
2. Alex Turcotte, F (37.7%)
3. Francesco Pinelli, F (47.5%)
4. Alex Laferriere, F (34.3%)
5. Martin Chromiak, F (33.9%)
6. Samuel Fagemo, F (42.6%)
7. Jakob Dvorak, D (23.7%)

Added: Matthew Mania (tie in nominations between him, Simontaival, and Madden, so I acted as tiebreaker)

As always, vote and nominate who should replace him. As a reminder, cut off for this poll is Calder eligibility.

I will not vote in any polls unless there is a tiebreaker.

The players who can be added:
Angus Booth
Ryan Conmy
Braden Doyle
Jack Hughes
Cole Krygier
Kaleb Lawrence
Andre Lee
Tyler Madden
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Kim Nousiainen
Bulat Shafigullin
Kasper Simontaival
Hampton Slukynsky
Jack Sparkes
Taylor Ward
Jared Wright

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Ziemmer.

Akil Thomas I’m struggling with because I think he is a lock as an NHL player but for his injury status. If I knew he was 100% he’s definitely in my top 10 and maybe top 5. Probably my next pick.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Koehn Ziemmer

Add Shirley
1689607077694.png

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Went with Ziemmer. Now I think this is where you see the drop off. I'd say add Akil Thomas because even though his stock has taken major hits (literally) the past couple of years, I think he may still be better than the lower tier of some of these prospects.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Went with Ziemmer. Now I think this is where you see the drop off. I'd say add Akil Thomas because even though his stock has taken major hits (literally) the past couple of years, I think he may still be better than the lower tier of some of these prospects.
I am high on Thomas as well. Hopefully he explodes this year and makes the big team.

Reactions: yankeeking

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
I'll always remember how we all had given up on Durzi and ranked him outside the top 10 in this poll....in the summer preceding the season he became a legit NHL player and had to take on the RD 1 role after Doughty got hurt. Shows how much fans know ;)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'll always remember how we all had given up on Durzi and ranked him outside the top 10 in this poll....in the summer preceding the season he became a legit NHL player and had to take on the RD 1 role after Doughty got hurt. Shows how much fans know ;)

The org knew so much more about Durzi than us that they used him as their 11th dman of the season in November that year after injuries to Doughty and Walker and scratching Clague.

we are far from all-knowledgable but so is the org

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He was actually outside the top 20 when this was last done.

But these polls aren't a good measuring stick of what the fans know. Beyond development camp, the AHL, and WJC, there's very little hockey beyond that where fans get to know the players. If you're trying to make a serious list off of that, then yikes.

I just always see it as a fun, generally harmless way to talk about prospects. We can compare our own lists with the fan voting, and even compare it to the previous list, because what else is there to talk about?

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
He was actually outside the top 20 when this was last done.

But these polls aren't a good measuring stick of what the fans know. Beyond development camp, the AHL, and WJC, there's very little hockey beyond that where fans get to know the players. If you're trying to make a serious list off of that, then yikes.

I just always see it as a fun, generally harmless way to talk about prospects. We can compare our own lists with the fan voting, and even compare it to the previous list, because what else is there to talk about?
Fair enough!
I just think what happened with Durzi was interesting.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Fair enough!
I just think what happened with Durzi was interesting.
I agree. I'm really excited to share the old list (unless someone does it first). Durzi wasn't the only player outside the top-20 who shot up the rankings. And another player fans seem pretty high on was in the mid-teens.

I think most interesting, to be honest is Alex Turcotte staying in the top-5 and actually moving up two years later. Granted, players from the list have graduated, so it's not apples-to-apples, but it's still interesting there's not enough negative sentiment after 2 years for people ready to move on.

And please know I don't say that as a judgment. It's just different from my list. The No. 2 on my list is still out there, but I just think of having these different valuations, with different backgrounds and knowledge, is pretty cool.

Just for context though, these were players previously on the previous list who no longer qualify for different reasons:

Brayden Burke
Quinton Byfield
Kale Clague
Alexander Dergachev
Aidan Dudas
Sean Durzi
Helge Grans
David Hrenak
Jacob Ingham
Arthur Kaliyev
Rasmus Kupari
Lukas Parik
Markus Phillips
Johan Sodergran
Jordan Spence
Austin Strand
Vladimir Tkachev
Matthew Villalta

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Thomas was really looking good before reinjuring the shoulder. He was bringing, grit, leadership and some good offence. I thought he was a lock for a call up but was then injured soon after I decided that… so my bad. I’m at worried they might struggle to get him through waivers if he has a good pre-season.

LB

Jun 4, 2014
Los Angeles
I agree. I'm really excited to share the old list (unless someone does it first). Durzi wasn't the only player outside the top-20 who shot up the rankings. And another player fans seem pretty high on was in the mid-teens.

I think most interesting, to be honest is Alex Turcotte staying in the top-5 and actually moving up two years later. Granted, players from the list have graduated, so it's not apples-to-apples, but it's still interesting there's not enough negative sentiment after 2 years for people ready to move on.

And please know I don't say that as a judgment. It's just different from my list. The No. 2 on my list is still out there, but I just think of having these different valuations, with different backgrounds and knowledge, is pretty cool.

Just for context though, these were players previously on the previous list who no longer qualify for different reasons:

Brayden Burke
Quinton Byfield
Kale Clague
Alexander Dergachev
Aidan Dudas
Sean Durzi
Helge Grans
David Hrenak
Jacob Ingham
Arthur Kaliyev
Rasmus Kupari
Lukas Parik
Markus Phillips
Johan Sodergran
Jordan Spence
Austin Strand
Vladimir Tkachev
Matthew Villalta
I'm over Turcotte, personally. It's because he just can't manage to stay healthy, if it's not one thing it's another (unlike Vilardi for example who had one specific serious health issue which he fortunately got over). So at this point if Turcotte manages to stay healthy and have an NHL career it's a bonus really. Would feel like found money...

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Instead of having a tiebreaker vote, where everyone votes again, I am using my 1/2 vote to act as a tiebreaker. I picked Ziemmer.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad