News Article: Kings prospect Hyka scores a goal in WJC for Czech Republic

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
From NBC Sports today:

Los Angeles Kings’ prospect Tomas Hyka netted the game-winning goal in the Czech Republic’s 3-1 win over Finland. That was a critical victory for the Czech Republic after its loss to Sweden on Wednesday.

I didn't realize Hyka was playing in the WJC. I will make a point to watch some of the Czech games to see him in action. He's an exciting player to watch, very fast and has good hands.

Besides Hyka, are there any other Kings prospects playing in the World Juniors?

Last edited:

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
He's the only one. I kinda miss those days where the Kings had like four-five guys every year, it added a little something to the tournament. Not complaining though ;)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
From NBC Sports today:

Los Angeles Kings’ prospect Tomas Hyka netted the game-winning goal in the Czech Republic’s 3-1 win over Finland. That was a critical victory for the Czech Republic after its loss to Sweden on Wednesday.

I didn't realize Hyka was playing in the WJC. I will make a point to watch some of the Czech games to see him in action. He's an exciting player to watch, very fast and has good hands.

Besides Hyka, are there any other Kings prospects playing in the World Juniors?

It wasn't game-winning goal. But important goal for sure. I think he played really well today in first line alongside Hertl and Jaskin. Really good skater.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
He's the only one. I kinda miss those days where the Kings had like four-five guys every year, it added a little something to the tournament. Not complaining though ;)

No kidding. I saw Schumacher didn't make the cut for Sweden and I honestly thought the Kings had no one playing in the tournament. Completely spaced Hyka on the Czech team. This is got to be the least prospects the Kings have had in years right?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Hyka with another goal today:)

You can watch it here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ECV1o6QTU Really beatiful play.

He is showing allot of patients and is using his body very effectively. He has always had nice hands and all of the pieces are there for him to develop into a really solid top 6er. The question with him is can he put it all together and remain consistent enough to make the jump.

Keep em rolling.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I thought he had a really solid tournament. Was really dangerous with Hertl and Jaskin.

So dangerous offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->