Kings Prospect #6

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
1. RW Tyler Toffoli 96.3% (LW Valentin Zykov 3.7%, NA)
Vote in: Kitsyn 11, Prokhorkin 3, Bartosak 1, Andreoff 1

2. LW Tanner Pearson 40.8% (LW Valentin Zykov 34.2%, C Linden Vey 15.8%)
Vote in: Prokhorkin 8, Bartosak 2, Miller 2, Andreoff 2, Berube 1, Roach 1, Hyka 1

3. C Linden Vey 44.3% (LW Valentin Zykov 41.8%, D Derek Forbort 5.1%)
Vote in: Andreoff 12, Bartosak 2, Deslauriers 2, Miller 1

4. LW Valentin Zykov 75.3% (D Derek Forbort 8.2%, D Kevin Gravel 5.5%)
Vote in: Ebert 3, Bartosak 2, Deslauriers 2, Miller 1

5. D Derek Forbort 35.8% (D Kevin Gravel 20.9%, LW Maxim Kitsyn 13.4%)
Vote in: Bartosak 3, Miller 2, Deslauriers 2, Brodzinski 1, Kubalik 1, Berube 1

Oh and voted Gravel, add RW Hudson Fasching

Write in who should be added next.

KingKopitar11*

Tough one but if I ccould vote(lol) it'd be either Gravel, Kitsyn, and Andreoff

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Voted Gravel
Add Miller

BTW - Holden Caulfield - nice presentation of the results visually/graphically, easy to read and compare entries. :nod:

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Man, you could seriously make a case for each of these guys (besides maybe Ebert.)

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Still voting Prokhorkin but fine with the fact that Gravel will win this one. Had them as a 4a/4b on my list really.

Add Des.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Pretty much all of this. I have Prokhorkin at 5 on my list, but Gravel at 6. Totally cool with Gravel winning.

Add Weal I guess...

There was a time it was pretty much just me and Tonelli telling people how good Gravel is. I'm glad people are starting to realize this kid is our best defensive prospect...or at least one of em.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
There was a time it was pretty much just me and Tonelli telling people how good Gravel is. I'm glad people are starting to realize this kid is our best defensive prospect...or at least one of em.

Yeah been watching him quite a bit and he really started catching my eye after the 2012 WJC. He was one of the few players on that US team that didn't look like hot garbage... Sure he didn't score at all but he wasn't out of position on a lot of the goals that the US team gave up either, just a really solid showing. I had been paying attention to St. Cloud already since Roe and Dowd were there, but I just started seeing him more and more and I think he started getting a lot better after that tourney.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Voted Gravel
Add Miller

BTW - Holden Caulfield - nice presentation of the results visually/graphically, easy to read and compare entries. :nod:

Thank you :)

Yeah, I started to take notice of him shortly after the draft based on Tonelli and your recommendations and he has just impressed me beyond belief. Really like that kid.

It'll be interesting to see how he transitions in the pros though. Thing is that many defensive d-men take years to mature fully, and I can see many people starting to get down on him in he takes a year or two in Manchester (which I think might be the way it goes for him).

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I expect one year in Manchester. A 2nd MAYBE, but only if we have a numbers game going on, like we do now, and he can be sent down where others can't (like what happened with Voynov and Hickey).

I really thought Gravel should have went pro for 2013-2014.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
These "Prospects Lists" are usually always enough for a good laugh.. If you get what I am saying.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Says the guy voting for Kozun over Zykov... :laugh:

Quick, provide us all with a scouting report as to why you value Zykov so high, besides him being our second round pick? Quick, provide us with some background information as to why all the other posters should value your "judgment" as to ranking a group of players whom I bet half you have never seen play. I value results, that is what I pay attention to. I find it hard to believe that a player who has never played against real men should be at all valued more highly than some some players down in Manchester who have already proven themselves. At some point, you cannot slot players strictly off of potential only. Production, age, skillset, and how close a prospect is to the NHL should dictate how they should be valued within the organization... But that's just me.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Quick, provide us all with a scouting report as to why you value Zykov so high, besides him being our second round pick? Quick, provide us with some background information as to why all the other posters should value your "judgment" as to ranking a group of players whom I bet half you have never seen play. I value results, that is what I pay attention to. I find it hard to believe that a player who has never played against real men should be at all valued more highly than some some players down in Manchester who have already proven themselves. At some point, you cannot slot players strictly off of potential only. Production, age, skillset, and how close a prospect is to the NHL should dictate how they should be valued within the organization... But that's just me.

I would never pick Kozun over Zykov... but I'll defend you're ability to do so.

If you feel he's the better player, all the power to you. I bet if we hoped into the Hot Tub Time Machine back to 2005, most posters would have Tukonen as our #1 or 2 prospect and would have ridiculed anyone who dared to say a newly drafted Jonathan Quick was better or that Scott Parse would have a better NHL career.

That's the thing about these polls, none of us REALLY know how a guy will turn out. Like I said, I don't agree with you picking Kozun over Zykov, but that's my opinion not agreeing with your own. It very easily could turn out that Kozun has a Craig Conroy-esque career and Zykov never touches NHL ice.

To mock someone's selection is just silly really.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

Seriously you can vote for whoever you want, and I respect your opinion to do so, but if you can't take a simple rib about who you voted for maybe not come into this thread and make statements like you did. Ok?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad