Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Oilers Friday 7pm SnetW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I know he's just a role player, but I'm glad that Khaira wasn't actually injured last game. That 'toe pick' ankle twist looked rough.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
It hasnt been quite that bad
I'd say 5 of their last 11 have been really embarrassing for various reasons, that's not even including the third period implosion vs Dallas where they played awesome for 2 periods. Seems like whenever the Oilers lose lately they've been out of it by the first intermission or soon thereafter.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kind of know that... I was wondering their expected return date lol
Kassian said yesterday that it might be tonight, if not it's almost certainly Sunday. Nuge is still game to game, but he's been practicing regularly so without any more information VERY Optimistically Sunday, but likely next week.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
So strange to see him in modern equipment.

This is better.

bill-ranford-80bb37bd-79fc-40a0-9f35-d0a42bd5d9c-resize-750.gif

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'd say 5 of their last 11 have been really embarrassing for various reasons, that's not even including the third period implosion vs Dallas where they played awesome for 2 periods. Seems like whenever the Oilers lose lately they've been out of it by the first intermission or soon thereafter.

I think you are overstating this a little but I get what you are saying.

My perspective on this team this season is that it was going to be a year where the team grows from what it was last season. So for me that means that there will be many times where the team falls flat...looks bad. Thats why I havent reacted much at all when these games happen.
I expected it to happen.
Lessons are rarely learned from one event...it usually takes multiple events.
Transition is messy.

So knowing that then the only thing in my mind that matters is how they respond to the games where they fall on their collective faces.
So far I am encouraged by how the team has responded. That to me is progress so as such I see it as being very positive and exactly what I hoped for this season.

So I would expect (assuming this group of players can continue to learn and evolve) that as the season rolls along there should be less and less of these games. If that doesnt happen (I would say by mid season) then there needs to be changes.
So I dont think we will know that until mid to late January at the earliest.

Regressing for me is not how badly they lose (a single game) but its more about how the team responds and if it falls into some prolonged slumps....4-5 6 game losing streaks.
So far so good.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I'm going to run and hide under my bed after I type this... but...

I'd rather have Kassian back in the lineup than Nuge.

I said it.
I’m a huge Kassian booster. His absence has been noticeable. That said, being without Nuge leaves a bigger hole, especially since we dont have a 3rd line center to begin with.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I honestly will not be surprised with a loss or a win. Just never know which team will show up and for how long.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I am totally watching Bloodsport tonight. I haven't seen that since I was about 13-lol.

Also, if you could edit in some white stripes on the sensei's gi, then it would be a masterpiece.
Awesome movie!!! It was a staple for me when I was a kid.

I'm at work so I made it quick on my phone but if anybody else wants to edit it, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad