Kings Video: Kings of the Roundtable

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think the main problem with it would be Alzner in and Martinez (or Muzzin) out would be a wash financially, if Alzner doesn't get more than $4M (which he could), so they would have to get a forward making nothing to make it work, unless Lewis or McNabb get taken and Greene goes on LTIR, that saves $4M+.

He's getting more than 4, more in the range of 5 plus . We'd lose a puck mover for a slower stay at home defenseman in a league trending towards a more speed game. Just think, we could've gotten him at the draft...

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Why would they have to waive Muzzin? He was still playing in Manchester in 2012-13. I think Alzner may have been a wee bit better than someone like say, Davis Drewiske or Keaton Ellerby.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Perhaps it would have went down that way. Perhaps not. I'm indulging in a scenario where different mistakes are made, rather than no mistakes are made.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Kingsboy, thanks for posting this.

Regarding the first question on Voynov, I think Earl Skakel is giving an incomplete answer. It's raising the hopes of some kings fans prematurely.

Voynov is not playing for the Kings or any other NHL team in 2017-2018. There is the no poaching agreement between the KHL and the NHL. He is still under contract in the KHL. He has to get out of that first. Any money paid to get him out of it has to come from voynov. If the kings pay it, then my understanding is, it's treated as compensation from the kings to voynov and would increase his cap hit.

His answer also didn't address immigration issues nor acknowledge that such issues exist. Voynov is almost certainly under an entry ban. He can apply to be allowed back in, but such applications take 6 months.

To make any training camp, he would have had to apply in early march. To make the start of free agency where roster space and contract money really gets decided in the first couple weeks, voynov would have had to apply in 2016.

We would have heard rumblings if he had applied since the kings still hold his rights and kings officials are acting like they have not heard anything at all about it.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I think most Kings fans share the reaction they had when talking about Rosen going into the booth full time...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->