Speculation: Kings not out on Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Patches is a good player but with a year left and the way the league has identified young cost controlled players value does not help Montreal.

Muzzin is a solid number 2 dman. Cost controlled contract with term.

Yeah, I’d do it one for one at this point.

But Muzzin’s departure doesn’t inspire confidence in the defense side of things as a Kings fan. Would rather move Amart.

Only real piece LA has to move tho.

Last edited:

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Patches is a good player but with a year left and the way the league has identified young cost controlled players value does not help Montreal.

Muzzin is a solid number 2 dman. Cost controlled contract with term.

Yeah, I’d do it one for one at this point.

Muzzin’s departure doesn’t inspire confidence in the defense side of things as a Kings fan. Would rather move Amart.

Only real piece LA has to move tho.

We still have Phaneuf, Forbort, and Brickley on RD. I'm not sure what side Ladue and Clague play on but there's no point in having the #1 D in the NHL if you can't score.

I don't see Amart getting the deal done. He's more of a second pairing Dman. Plus he's a year older. Does have an extra year of term over Muzzin though.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
So you're saying he's worth 10th (Vilardi) and 20th 1st round pick when he'll be a 30YR old UFA winger ? NOBODY is going to give you that kind of value for him. Then what if he walks next year and you then get absolutely nothing ? Canadiens seem to overvalue their players...
He said or not and.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Brickley has played one game.

Clague is likely in the AHL.

LaDue took a step back last year.

Doughty Forbort
Phanuef Amart
Brickley Folin
LaDue
Fantenberg

Losing Muzzin is trading from strength to improve weakness obviously. Just not an easy pill to swallow if Patches walks.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Doughty Forbort
Phanuef Amart
Brickley Folin
LaDue
Fantenberg

Losing Muzzin is trading from strength to improve weakness obviously. Just not an easy pill to swallow if Patches walks.
We need a younger fwd not a 30 year old UFA and Kings need cap space.Easy pass on Patches.Not worth the assets needed by Montreal .

Reactions: go4hockey

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
So you're saying he's worth 10th (Vilardi) and 20th 1st round pick when he'll be a 30YR old UFA winger ? NOBODY is going to give you that kind of value for him. Then what if he walks next year and you then get absolutely nothing ? Canadiens seem to overvalue their players...

Key word in my previous post : OR.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
My bad. There was an earlier post that said Vilardi and 1st. Thought it was the same person.

Of course Pacioretty doesn't worth both. I can live with the Kings not wanting to trade Vilardi. Understandable. But if Montreal can't get a top prospect or a top 15 pick, why even trade him. Better sign him even if I'll puke a bit in my mouth.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
How in the world is Muzzin spare parts ? You guys need a #2 Dman ? Pretty sure Muzzin more than fills that role...
If you're offering Muzzin for him, then that would not be getting spare parts for Pac. People undervalue habs players because a lot of habs fans overvalue them, and they shit on their trade value and say that they're worth spare parts

Reactions: Maudite boisson

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Doughty Forbort
Phanuef Amart
Brickley Folin
LaDue
Fantenberg

From the sounds of things Folin will not be a King next season will get more money and years from someone else. Trading for a UFA to be that we shouldn’t re-sign and probably can’t afford to sign is a Dean move that I hope Blake don’t start making. Those are the moves that have us in the tough spot we’re in.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I mean all he was saying though is that the Kings are still looking into Pacioretty. Whether or not that's actually going to happen will come down to MTL's asking price.

He keeps saying this cause he loves that player. He is not in touch with what the organization is thinking and that’s just his opinion.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It's funny how none of your reasons made any sense.
We all know the Kings are aging and their cup is now. Trading for Pacs makes perfect sense for some very very obvious reasons.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I love all the Canadiens fans saying that Muzzin isn't worth it.

You guys just traded Galchenyuk for Domi... :laugh:
Let’s wait a year before making fun of that trade. Galchenyuk had several problems here and has major defensive flaws in his. He is my favorite player and was pretty pissed when they trade him but I’m willing to give a real chance to Domi. They have similar PPG.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
One of LA's leftorium makes sense as MTL needs a leftie for Weber.

In response to MTL fans who think they'll get Clague or Villardi: Stop dreaming lol

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I could see them going after Alzner, he’s big, slow and would fit the Kings perfectly.

It's a damn shame we already got rid of Nick Shore then. He was a good 4C center here but he'd be a damn good small, soft 1C on MTL.

You are out on acquiring Patch if you don’t meet our trade value. The idea we will trade him for spare parts is ridiculous. Make a serious offer or we keep Patch

I'm with you that MTL should hold Max till the time is right but don't for a second pretend that Montreal is holding any GM in the league hostage for him.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad