Speculation: Kings not out on Pacioretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Dennis Bernstein of The Fourth Period tweeted today, "Don't count the Kings out on Max Pacioretty" which surprises me.

Canadiens need a #1/2 C and Top 2 D. So if the Kings are still in on this... my guess it it revolves around Muzzin.

Kings are 100% NOT trading Villardi and I would say 70%-80% NOT trading their 1st round pick. Especially for a soon to be 30YR old UFA (not taking away from how good Pacioretty is). Also Kempe, I would believe, is 100% out of the question. And let's be real... nobody is trading away an established center, especially one for is almost 10 years younger, for a 30YR old winger who will more than likely be a rental. I think if the Canadiens are going out and getting a center, Pacioretty won't be involved in that trade. I also don't see Kings trading away Toffoli/Pearson since it would make no sense to subtract offense just to add offense. If for some reason one of them was involved in the trade... it would be Pacioretty plus since they are much younger and have term left.

I don't think it would be a 1 for 1 deal with Muzzin and Pacioretty... so I'm just wondering what else would be added in a Muzzin for Pacioretty trade ?

And I don't want to see anyone playing down Muzzin's value. He's a 29YR old (30 in Feb) top 2 Dman on the best defensive team who's signed @ $4M for two more years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You are out on acquiring Patch if you don’t meet our trade value. The idea we will trade him for spare parts is ridiculous. Make a serious offer or we keep Patch

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Might as well be out of the picture. Nothing else left to trade Habs want
Dennis Bernstein of The Fourth Period tweeted today, "Don't count the Kings out on Max Pacioretty" which surprises me.

Canadiens need a #1/2 C and Top 2 D. So if the Kings are still in on this... my guess it it revolves around Muzzin.

Kings are 100% NOT trading Villardi and I would say 70%-80% NOT trading their 1st round pick. Especially for a soon to be 30YR old UFA (not taking away from how good Pacioretty is). Also Kempe, I would believe, is 100% out of the question. And let's be real... nobody is trading away an established center, especially one for is almost 10 years younger, for a 30YR old winger who will more than likely be a rental. I think if the Canadiens are going out and getting a center, Pacioretty won't be involved in that trade. I also don't see Kings trading away Toffoli/Pearson since it would make no sense to subtract offense just to add offense. If for some reason one of them was involved in the trade... it would be Pacioretty plus since they are much younger and have term left.

I don't think it would be a 1 for 1 deal with Muzzin and Pacioretty... so I'm just wondering what else would be added in a Muzzin for Pacioretty trade ?

And I don't want to see anyone playing down Muzzin's value. He's a 29YR old (30 in Feb) top 2 Dman on the best defensive team who's signed @ $4M for two more years.

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
And you are not getting him without Vilardi or a first. Better move on I guess.

So you're saying he's worth 10th (Vilardi) and 20th 1st round pick when he'll be a 30YR old UFA winger ? NOBODY is going to give you that kind of value for him. Then what if he walks next year and you then get absolutely nothing ? Canadiens seem to overvalue their players...

Reactions: cg98

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I could see the 1st being included.

Vilardi is one of the best prospects in hockey right now, it’s laughable for Montreal fans to even bring him up for an almost 30 year old UFA.

I doubt Kempe goes for a similar reason.

Realistically the market determines the price for Pacioretty, not Montreal fans or even their GM. If y’all are expecting a top prospect, prepare to be disappointed.

Muzzin and some combination of two picks/prospects not named Vilardi seems realistic.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Meh, I’d rather keep him than trade him for something we don’t need. If you don’t want trade something serious we’ll pass and go see somewhere else.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014

Vilardi is one of the best prospects in hockey right now, it’s laughable for Montreal fans to even bring him up for an almost 30 year old UFA.

Realistically the market determines the price for Pacioretty, not Montreal fans or even their GM. If y’all are expecting a top prospect, prepare to be disappointed.

Muzzin and some combination of two picks/prospects not named Vilardi seems realistic.
I agree and in that situation MTL better just keep him and hope for a bounce back
or maybe they can hope for a team willing to pay lol

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017

I could see the first being included potentially. Kings said there's 5 guys they REALLY want if they are not available by the time they pick... maybe they ship it out.

Yeah it really doesnt make sense for the Kings to trade anyone currently contributing on offense. Kings need help scoring. Our strength is our D so that's where we have to trade from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad