Value of: Kings Left-handed D

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
The Kings seem to have a logjam at Left D right now, with Muzzin, Martinez, McNabb, Forbort, and Gravel all showing they are capable NHLers. Besides Muzzin, who I imagine we'd keep barring an overpayment, what are teams willing to give for one of our left handed D?

On the market:
Martinez
McNabb
Forbort
Gravel

Wishlist:
Right Handed D
Young forward with upside, preferably RW

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
The Kings seem to have a logjam at Left D right now, with Muzzin, Martinez, McNabb, Forbort, and Gravel all showing they are capable NHLers. Besides Muzzin, who I imagine we'd keep barring an overpayment, what are teams willing to give for one of our left handed D?

On the market:
Martinez
McNabb
Forbort
Gravel

Wishlist:
Right Handed D
Young forward with upside, preferably RW

Tatar
Sheahan

For

Martinez
Nolan/Shore

Tatar can play the right side.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If that's the best you got, then I don't know what to say in response.

Our management likes a big skilled team. The last player under 6 foot was jordan weal and he really didn't a chance on our team. It is what it is. It's like King playing top 6 mins when we have better options in the ahl. Not something I really like but it's something management goes with :popcorn::help:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Tatar
Sheahan

For

Martinez
Nolan/Shore

The 2nd piece would have to be Nolan as Shore is looking better this year and has way more upside. But I do agree with another poster that Tartar does not fit our style or are coach and feel we would get a package more of what our management would like if we moved Amart.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Aside from my proposal, the Kings have won those cups, and that's great.

If they want to keep up the core, they will have to think of the future.

For as few of picks we made in the cup years we have a lot of future pieces imo. For the near future mersch kempe ( this year dowd gravel and forbort) Couple years amadio ladue Justin Auger will probably see time in nhl Also long term Damir Sharipzyanov Erik Cernak Spencer Watson Kale clague all look like they have a better than average shot to make nhl. We have the players just need to make the commitment to play them :yo: The kings have tons of home grown players and there no shortage on there way. As a long term king fan im finally happy with our development program. To me Futa is a god send to a fan like me.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I could see the Jets being game. Paul Postma or Tyler Myers. Both decent D. Postma is under used and is an upcoming UFA. Good value there. Myers is on a decent contract.

We'd want someone coming back that is better than Stuart or Chiarot. TBH that's not saying much.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd do a prospect swap of Justin Bailey for gravel. Bailey fits the bill ad everything the kings would look for. Is debatabley nhl ready now and is buried behind baptiste, fasching and carrier imo.

Have always been a gravel fan even though I'm not sure he levels out as more than a bottom pairing type guy long term.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Tatar
Sheahan

For

Martinez
Nolan/Shore

Definitely like this proposal but moving Martinez means the Kings would need a NHL ready top4 RHD back. They can't have both Gilbert and Greene in the lineup at the same time. You love to get either Tatar or Mantha and like a Sproul or someone like him but needs to be a RHD.

Would rather move Martinez or McNabb over Gravel or Forbort. And would only move the first 2 for the right deal. Don't need any Center Prospects unless the are top6 ready right now.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Definitely like this proposal but moving Martinez means the Kings would need a NHL ready top4 RHD back. They can't have both Gilbert and Greene in the lineup at the same time. You love to get either Tatar or Mantha and like a Sproul or someone like him but needs to be a RHD.

Would rather move Martinez or McNabb over Gravel or Forbort. And would only move the first 2 for the right deal. Don't need any Center Prospects unless the are top6 ready right now.

drew forbort
muzzin gravel
gilbert mcnabb
greene

why do you think we need a d back again?

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
drew forbort
muzzin gravel
gilbert mcnabb
greene

why do you think we need a d back again?

Because we won't go far with Gilbert or Greene in the lineup. We are still missing a Top4 dman and losing one of Martinez or McNabb isn't going to help that cause.

Forbort--Doughty
Muzzin--XXX
Martinez/McNabb--Gravel

Makes a stronger lineup on the defense.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Because we won't go far with Gilbert or Greene in the lineup. We are still missing a Top4 dman and losing one of Martinez or McNabb isn't going to help that cause.

Forbort--Doughty
Muzzin--XXX
Martinez/McNabb--Gravel

Makes a stronger lineup on the defense.

if martinez going gets us a rw for kopitar i would live with gilbert playing 12-15 mins for the rest of the year. There is still a outside shot of LaDue getting a call up as well

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
For as few of picks we made in the cup years we have a lot of future pieces imo. For the near future mersch kempe ( this year dowd gravel and forbort) Couple years amadio ladue Justin Auger will probably see time in nhl Also long term Damir Sharipzyanov Erik Cernak Spencer Watson Kale clague all look like they have a better than average shot to make nhl. We have the players just need to make the commitment to play them :yo: The kings have tons of home grown players and there no shortage on there way. As a long term king fan im finally happy with our development program. To me Futa is a god send to a fan like me.

Compare those names to any other teams and it looks minuscule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->