Kings hire Todd McLellan as head coach

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
i am so "whatever" about this hire. Its not horrible by any means. I think he's a decent coach. But its just not exciting or fresh thinking or going outside of the box, which is what this organization desperately needs.

I think it's a roster issue as well... Their top guys areslowing down and guys like Vilardi aren't ready to step up yet to bridge the gap.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
giphy.gif

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
not sure how i feel about this

guess its a commitment to telling the players that they're the problem, which is something i'm ok with

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I like this hire . Look at his record speaks volumes about the guy. Might be just what we needed . If we make the playoffs this year it’s an added bonus but I truly believe we will contend the year after next .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
On one hand the Sharks finally broke thru when he left on the other hand its not exactly his fault they are perennial chokers.

In Edmonton management completely ruined things for him, not even Scotty Bowman would have made the playoffs w/ this years team.

Reactions: TheOneArmedMan

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Thought they'd go with a fresh face but with the youth in the lineup next year along with some talented vets, maybe they felt TM would be a wise choice. You can't rip him just for Edmonton, he'd done well with San Jose despite no cup.

All the best Kings fans.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
McLellan is okay. Not great, not horrible, just middle of the pack and that's okay. Given the lack of proven coach options on the market, hiring McLellan isn't a bad move. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Kings might make playoffs with McLellan as coach.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Weak...
He won games in Edmonton too. I don't dislike him, but T Mac is clearly missing *it*. Although, LA isn't a coach away from a cup.

yea, Blake's plan is to go full Edmonton with this roster
however, it seems like he didn't get the memo that the lottery rules have changed since

Reactions: Pointteen

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
He’s a good coach, had success in Edmonton in year 1, had Chiarelli gut his entire team, blame him essentially when that obviously didn’t lead to more success. So the OBC in Edmonton stepped in and fired his entire longtime staff, hired there own guys, which obviously never worked either.

With that said LA is a team in need of a major rebuild, which is out of Todd’s control again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->