Kings Future on Defense

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Doughty has quite a few years left on his deal.

Walker and Roy are here to stay unless something with Seattle happens but I’m sure the Kings are more value in Roy since Clague is a Walker clone.

Anderson and Bjornfot are the other young guys - that makes 5 right there.

Strand and MacD are 6-7 for the next few years.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Doughty has quite a few years left on his deal.

Walker and Roy are here to stay unless something with Seattle happens but I’m sure the Kings are more value in Roy since Clague is a Walker clone.

Anderson and Bjornfot are the other young guys - that makes 5 right there.

Strand and MacD are 6-7 for the next few years.

MacD should be gone in a year or so. I would rather extend Maatta then have MacD

Reactions: regulate

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I had high hopes for Durzi but I’m thinking he never really makes the Kings. Sounds like the offense is there but he is prone to too many mistakes. I think he is falling down the chart. Brickley is another guy that likely won’t make the big team. Hults is still my dark horse tho.

I wonder if MacD can be converted to wing? Still love his grit. Would make a decent alternate forward.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I think Hultz and Moverare (if he gets healthy) could and should be part of the conversation for next season. It's tough to know until they play some games with LA like Strand has shown. I also think Seattle takes one of our available dmen in the expansion draft. It's good to see the defense isn't a smoldering dumpster fire and that huge changes need to happen. Seems like there's options. Looks like the team is heading in the right direction.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If anyone gets the label of a guy you’re worried about not having NHL level hockey IQ, unfortunately, I think Durzi has demonstrated that at the AHL level in the games I’ve watched this season.

Reactions: regulate

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
The Pens have a surplus at LD right now. One of Marcus Pettersson or Brian Dumoulin will likely be traded this year.

Dumo is a top pair for the next several years. MP is more of a second pairing guy.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
The Pens have a surplus at LD right now. One of Marcus Pettersson or Brian Dumoulin will likely be traded this year.

Dumo is a top pair for the next several years. MP is more of a second pairing guy.

No interest in MP.
For Dumoulin, on the fence with him. We need to pay Roy next year hoping to get a bridge deal under 4.

What the Kings need is a big LD, mobile, eat minutes, PK, and QB the PP2. Not easy to find or trade for but it will slot Mikey Anderson down with Walker so he won't get overmatched against the top lines.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
No interest in MP.
For Dumoulin, on the fence with him. We need to pay Roy next year hoping to get a bridge deal under 4.

What the Kings need is a big LD, mobile, eat minutes, PK, and QB the PP2. Not easy to find or trade for but it will slot Mikey Anderson down with Walker so he won't get overmatched against the top lines.

So what you are saying is welcome to the LA Kings Mattias Ekholm.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Pelech might be in a cap crunch with the Islanders needing to pay Beauvillier too. He or Ekholm would be awfully nice.

As for the Bjornfot comparisons above, as much as I'd love a Cale Makar on the Kings, he might be the most elusive player on his edges, in all four directions, that I have ever seen. You can't just magically develop that at this age, and while Bjornfot is a fluid skater, he is not on that level. Honestly, I'd love to see Bjornfot just turn into another Matt Roy. They've been excellent together.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It's not so much where he is, but how he's been trending/developing.

Up vote. Yes, it's too early to write him off, but his game definitely needs considerable improvement and the progress has been slow to seemingly non-existent many nights. We know it's not the player the Kings wanted in trade, it's who they settled for.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Any word on his injury?

Media blackout, typical for AHL injuries. There is no IR or LTIR in the AHL, so info is very difficult to find unless the club discloses it. Sometimes an occasional photo leaks of a player on crutches or with a cast, but you rarely hear anything until the player is about to return.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Power or Hughes Doughty
Bjornfot Roy
Anderson Strand
Hults Grans
Clague Faber
Nousiainen Meehan
Moverare

going off memory (probably left some off) and lotto gods smiling on Kings again...oh, and Walker traded. Need size and want to see Strand in the lineup.
Nousiainen having a big year...18 pts so far and team leading plus 13 in Kalpa.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Power or Hughes Doughty
Bjornfot Roy
Anderson Strand
Hults Grans
Clague Faber
Nousiainen Meehan
Moverare

going off memory (probably left some off) and lotto gods smiling on Kings again...oh, and Walker traded. Need size and want to see Strand in the lineup.
Nousiainen having a big year...18 pts so far and team leading plus 13 in Kalpa.

Spence is a player to keep an eye on. Could definitely look to compete with Durzi for RHD in Ontario next season.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Spence is a player to keep an eye on. Could definitely look to compete with Durzi for RHD in Ontario next season.

True! I honestly had him written down as a RHD on the list,....and then thought maybe Grans and Faber should be higher than him...and removed Spence and forgot to add him back on.
Yes, Spence has done well and looked good in the WJC, the little icetime he had. Too difficult, to really rate many of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad