Kings fire John Stevens, assistant Don Nachbaur; Desjardins hired as interim

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
You don't rebuild when your #1 c and d are in their prime and two of the top 10 players in the league.

You can go the Bruins route though, ship out some core players for draft picks (Lucic, Hamilton, etc) and hope for some homeruns / NHLers (Pasta, McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, etc).

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Stevens deserved to get canned, the interesting part is who will replace him. I would like to see some new blood in the NHL at the head coach position, so hopefully the Kings won't recycle some other team's garbage.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You can go the Bruins route though, ship out some core players for draft picks (Lucic, Hamilton, etc) and hope for some homeruns / NHLers (Pasta, McAvoy, Carlo, DeBrusk, etc).

The Bruins have nothing to show at the NHL level for the Lucic and Hamilton trades (deBrusk was the Bruins original pick).

So pretty much they need to draft and develop better and surround Doughty and Kopitar with better talent instead of subtracting from the roster.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Fired after a win is interesting even though his fate was probably sealed a while ago.

I don't know what a new coach can do, can he make them younger, more skilled and faster? I think it's a roster issue as much as anything else although I get why they had to make this move.

Yeo, on the other hand, is getting the least out of that roster as possible. That's a team that can benefit from a coaching change. Same with the Ducks and that dinosaur Carlyle.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
The Bruins have nothing to show at the NHL level for the Lucic and Hamilton trades (deBrusk was the Bruins original pick).

So pretty much they need to draft and develop better and surround Doughty and Kopitar with better talent instead of subtracting from the roster.

Perhaps just by having more picks it allowed them to pick the guys they really wanted, maybe DeBrusk doesn't get picked and they choose to go with Zboril instead if they only have 1 pick?

Lauzon however is looking great (pick from the Hamilton trade)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
AV to Kings?
I actually think he might be a good fit as much as I hate him

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Rob Blake 2017,

"I am confident that we are both in agreement on how that can be executed. With that said, we believe John has the ideal qualities to lead our hockey club. His wide array of coaching experience, including success as an NHL head coach and his inherent knowledge of our players and those in our development system, is very appealing to us. We are confident he is the best person to lead our hockey club forward."

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad