Kings departing am radio, creating la kings audio network on iheart radio

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
and another fact re this move: fans will have to search out the hockey stream, which means that ZERO potential fans will bump into a hockey game as they scroll thru the dial "hey, what's this hockey all about?"

No disrespect, but this is hilarious. You are worried about people not having the opportunity of finding the Kings as they ‘scroll’ through the AM dial?? Who does that anyways? I only have access to AM radio in one place, my car....which is surprising since I don’t even have a CD player anymore. Meanwhile, I have internet access everywhere.....my phone, my tv, my work computer, my home computer....etc. I’m actually surprised it took them this long to leave that outdated medium.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
No disrespect, but this is hilarious. You are worried about people not having the opportunity of finding the Kings as they ‘scroll’ through the AM dial?? Who does that anyways? I only have access to AM radio in one place, my car....which is surprising since I don’t even have a CD player anymore. Meanwhile, I have internet access everywhere.....my phone, my tv, my work computer, my home computer....etc. I’m actually surprised it took them this long to leave that outdated medium.

With thousands of websites / streaming, would you ever bump into a hockey game without doing a search for "hockey"?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
With thousands of websites / streaming, would you ever bump into a hockey game without doing a search for "hockey"?

No, but that’s like saying would you ever bump into a hockey website without doing a search? In addition, I would never bump into anything on AM radio because I don’t listen to it. Be happy that they aren’t exclusive on satellite radio (which would be a 1000 times better, IMO), cause that would cost you a subscription.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I for one as an overseas Kings fan appreciate the death of AM radio. AM radio is so outdated it discriminates against anyone not directly present in the region. (And I haven't yet visited America, let alone California or LA.) I suppose I'll be able to tune in to the Kings network via IHeartRadio, and that's great. (Sorry about those for whom this is an inconvenience.)

Similarly, us overseas NHL fans are discriminated against in having no access to NHL Network, despite my being a paying NHL.tv subscriber for years. That sucks! :thumbd:

To summarize: any and all types of geoblocking are inherently absurd in the 21st century, and AM radio is the epitome of those "previous century" restrictions.

Could you not stream the AM feed online?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
and another fact re this move: fans will have to search out the hockey stream, which means that ZERO potential fans will bump into a hockey game as they scroll thru the dial "hey, what's this hockey all about?"

I would be curious how many people have stumbled upon hockey on AM radio and decided to keep the dial where it was.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I would be curious how many people have stumbled upon hockey on AM radio and decided to keep the dial where it was.

Is there still a dial? Regular radio as a whole is in danger with younger people opting for their phones or satellite radio which at full price costs you 80 cents a day. Sirius alerts me when Kings games are on when I turn on my car, AM radio does not. My phone plays music I want to hear with no commercials, regular radio plays the same 10 songs and commercials every 10 minutes. AM Radio has Juice Newton songs, Rick Dees, Wolfman Jack and Hacksaw Hamilton.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Has anyone tried streaming the Kings channel through a PS4? I've tried it several times and it always goes into like a buffering mode and never launches. I've tried the channel on every other device in my house with no issue...

If you have a PS4 and haven't tried it, please do and let me know. THANKS

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I'm just glad the quality is better. If I stream through the receiver and sync up the feeds, it's almost like having Nick & Daryl calling road games on TV. It would be awesome if they pumped more of the rink mics through their feed.

Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad