Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Watch Backstrom trying to skate the puck up the ice, not very effective. He’s eaten up almost regularly by the D coverage.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
if this were a playoff series or a back to back I could see this having an impact. but it wasnt either of those things
For the Kings, last night was the first of a back to back, tonight; STL. Every team in the West except Arizona, and to a lesser degree, Edmonton, are in the playoff race, plus I think they're on a 4 game road trip, so they might have been thinking conservatively, trying to scrape up some points on the way back home.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
****ing tired of those lucky bounces for the opponents. It was the case in the game against Tampa, Toronto and now.
And on the other side, we can't have a bounce, a weird deflection in our favor.

edit: wonderful game by Kuzya.
He has 28 points in 26 games, and haters will still criticize his contract?
I'm not a hater. I actually like Kuznetsov but I'm still not sure he is worth that contract. Time will tell

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
If you're not seeing a dropoff in Backstrom's wheels, not sure what you're watching. He looks like he aged 5 years over the summer.
Backstroms game has never been about speed. His game is his vision and patience. When he carries the puck in the zone he usually doesn't come in with a lot of speed.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Random thoughts watching last night: Beagle has been terrible. Not sure what's up with him but he's provided nothing offensively and is a liability in the defensive zone. I know he has a high FO% but it seems like he always loses draws in the defensive zone. The Graovic experiment should be over. Stephenson should be on the third line. Oshie needs to shoot the puck. Djoos needs more minutes and Orpik needs less. Bowey's hockey IQ is not high.
I agree with most of that post. Especially the points about Beagle and Stephenson. Not sure if Boweys hockey IQ is low. He is a rookie. He is going to make mistakes. Djoos is making mistakes too but he is ahead of Bowey. Biggest problem with Djoos is his size. He is smart with the puck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->