Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow Holtby on tilt. Shits the bed on the second goal and no composure after. It’s what I’ve come to expect from him in the playoffs.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Wtf.

Horrid giveaway by holts. Followed by brainfart by bowey.

What’s with our D letting guys behind them tonight?

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Holtby to me plays way too far in the net this season for Holtby..I know he is coached to do that but to me it takes away from his athleticism and his natural way to play..he is not Hank..

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It is not 74’s job to come racing across the ice and play defense over on left side of ice. That’s not how that works.

For sure, he — and Caps bench - should be yelling to 44, if 44 is not noticing.

On the other hand, 44 is also supposed to recognize there are only four Kings in front of him. Where is their fifth player?

Further, it is not really correct to say 44 was “taking the puck carrier.“ Really, 44 was just retreating from the offensive zone, moving casually through neutral zone. He was halfway between puck carrier and cherry picker. The puck carrier was not a big threat in any way.

The main thing is to have awareness where all the Kings are and to keep them in front of you, if you are a D-man retreating from offensive blueline.

In order to blame Orpik there you have to want your d-men to drop back to their own defensive blueline and stay there regardless of what's happening in front of them. Eller turned the puck over unexpectedly while Gaborik had already snuck back behind Orpik to cherrypick. Carlson has to either call it out to Orpik or cover himself. He did nothing and was caught flat footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->