Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How was that Orpik's fault? He had to take the puck carrier. Carlson was picking his nose at center ice and watched Gaborik skate right by him when there was nobody else in the neutral zone or even on his side of the ice.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I would think it a situation like that Orpik takes the puck, Carlson takes Gaborik, and the highest forward hurries back to Carlson's spot, yes?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
How was that Orpik's fault? He had to take the puck carrier. Carlson was picking his nose at center ice and watched Gaborik skate right by him when there was nobody else in the neutral zone or even on his side of the ice.

I'm not sure what was going on on the other side of the ice, I'm watching the Kings broadcast and it was focused on Gaborik cherry picking at our blue line.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm not sure what happened. The commentators said something about Carlson being interfered with at centre ice. I didn't see that.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I would think it a situation like that Orpik takes the puck, Carlson takes Gaborik, and the highest forward hurries back to Carlson's spot, yes?
Not sure how they were supposed to play that. How does Orpik let Gaborik get that far behind him.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I see they aren't calling the hooking penalties tonight. Carlson almost gave up a good scoring chance because he got hooked trying to get out of the zone.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Were we on a line change or something? I feel like we were missing a guy on the ice. Orpik stepped up on Lewis but in reality, there should've been a Caps forward covering Lewis. Orpik should've been at our blue line watching Gaborik. It's either a bad change or miscommunication between the Caps players.

I think it was Graovac that should've been there. He saw Gaborik waiting at our blue line and skated right to the net to prevent Kempe from getting to the rebound. Unfortunately, Graovac put the rebound in the net.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm not sure what happened. The commentators said something about Carlson being interfered with at centre ice. I didn't see that.

It is not 74’s job to come racing across the ice and play defense over on left side of ice. That’s not how that works.

For sure, he — and Caps bench - should be yelling to 44, if 44 is not noticing.

On the other hand, 44 is also supposed to recognize there are only four Kings in front of him. Where is their fifth player?

Further, it is not really correct to say 44 was “taking the puck carrier.“ Really, 44 was just retreating from the offensive zone, moving casually through neutral zone. He was halfway between puck carrier and cherry picker. The puck carrier was not a big threat in any way.

The main thing is to have awareness where all the Kings are and to keep them in front of you, if you are a D-man retreating from offensive blueline.

Reactions: maacoshark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad