Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
giphy.gif

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
This is a clear acknowledgment from management that the Kings won’t be contending for the next 3-4 years.

I like it.

Even if they are in contention in year 3-4, that buyout number is just over a million so combined with the assumed rise in the Cap going forward, that’s chump change.

It’s year 2 of the buyout where LA bites the bullet but, I’m ok with it.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What’s the Phaneuf buyout vs just buying out Gaborik?

Thompson and Shore were a wash, even though we swapped a pick for one.

Gaborik's injury prevents him from being bought out. Then again, I'm surprised Phaneuf was healthy. Judging by his performance, it appeared that he may have been suffering from brain damage.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
This is a clear acknowledgment from management that the Kings won’t be contending for the next 3-4 years.

I like it.
Why exactly is that? Seems more like they want to replace him with a better player in the hopes of being better.

Still don't understand this move. They're gonna be bad without him, they could have just held onto him and still been bad too.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Interesting move. So Dions buyout and Richards termination contact penalties look like this the next 4 years

19/20 - $3,757,500
20/21 - $4,762,500
21/22 - $1,962,500
22/23 - $1,962,500

Notable is Richards penalty significantly drops after next season.

In Two years things look quite a bit better. At least we didn’t give up prospects or picks to get out of a bad contract.

Big Mac can get called up and play in Dions role, produce about the same while adding some nasty and at under a million his salary and Dions buyout basically are the same as having Dion on the team. Just stringer, younger, grittier with a bit of upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->