Kings Broadcast Team Rated 10th (Surprise! Surprise!)

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I basically muted every single game this season because of the Faust/Fox combo, they became grating to listen to for me. Faust has no charisma at all and comes across as completely unauthentic. He seems to find a catch phrase that he awkwardly forces into the game 3 or 4 times a night and he also seems to be behind the play quite often(generally because him and Fox are blathering about nothing). Fox has gotten rough lately as well, I used to love him as a color guy, but he does not mesh with Faust.

This isn't even bringing up the production team that tries their hardest to never show highlights from around the league instead opting for inane bullshit. Give me some analysis, give me some NHL talk, give me some prospect talk, give me anything hockey related. Instead we get Teddy Purcell riding a horse and tweets from random people.

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
I love my Center Ice package because I can watch games from the Canadian feed (even when vs Kings because I live outside Chicago). The Canadian broadcasts are superior to most American feeds (esp Kings) in the depth and breadth of their overall hockey coverage, as Crass is asking for above. Canadian game and intermission broadcasts go deeper into the host team (pertinent player and team stats, highlights, prospects, analysis), the opposition team and players, and the NHL in general. I have always learned so much more about a sport when announcers and productions do their jobs competently.

Also interesting is how Canadian broadcasts talk about the Canadian city/town/country block (a la Mayberry) where any individual player hails from, sometimes with photos. And they talk about other NHLers that came from the same place. It's a nice appreciation of the history and culture of the sport, and very informative--so when I hear of that player in the future I have a little something to remember and appreciate about him. A little something in depth that goes a long way.

I think as I write this that the biggest difference is Canadian broadcasts are not selling the game with flash, gimmicks and stupidity, they are informing about hockey and appreciating it.

Reactions: crassbonanza

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings broadcast seems to be tailored to attracting new fans, not keeping the interest of died in the wool fans.

Reactions: BigKing

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The Kings broadcast seems to be tailored to attracting new fans, not keeping the interest of died in the wool fans.

Yes. They switched to catering to the new fans gained during the Cup Years and the increased rise of Twitter/Instagram. If you were already here before 2012, they are pretty sure you aren't going anywhere but they want to hold on to those new fans.

Jim was a huge homer when he first started but then he became a pro. Then he got drunk on the winning and went back ot being more of an obvious homer again. I do wonder if any of this is tied in to the first part of my post: is there a directive to be more of a fan at times and total tire-pumper with this coming from above? Jim is like Hayward now: embarrassing on the local broadcast but much better when doing a national broadcast.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
he said "a blogger and a woman who asks the worst questions" not just "a woman" so let's get right off that

"blogger" is also pretty irrelevant considering a lot of hockey "bloggers" ask great questions. Also she has a blog?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad