Confirmed with Link: Kings announce signing kovalchuk to 3 year contract.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Looking back a mere year and a half, not many of us saw this coming. All we we saw were numbers. Goals, points, dollars. Hopefully Blake never makes this kind of mistake again.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Looking back a mere year and a half, not many of us saw this coming. All we we saw were numbers. Goals, points, dollars. Hopefully Blake never makes this kind of mistake again.

His signing didn't hurt the team at all. We took a swing at a scorer, which we needed after the playoff scoring drought, and missed. All it cost them was $$$.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
No assets lost. Kings aren't hurting for cap space. Worst case scenario, he acted as a filler until other players were able to step up.

The biggest thing the Kings missed out on was offering to take on Marleau's contract for a buyout like Carolina did. But they'll be fine moving forward.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It was pretty straightforward. Either Kovy worked out, or we were headed for a rebuild and an even greater recession. At least it is over, didn't cost us any picks or prospects, and won't be drawn out over many years to come like Richards, etc.

Reactions: crassbonanza
Jul 31, 2005
CA
After reading through the comments it's concerning to me that the fans seem to know more than the current Kings GM. A lot of correct predictions. I have to wonder if the end is now near for Blake.

Reactions: YP44

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
His signing didn't hurt the team at all. We took a swing at a scorer, which we needed after the playoff scoring drought, and missed. All it cost them was $$$.
for real, people calling for blake's head over this is ridiculous, he took a flyer and it didn't work out, no great loss

best of luck to kovy, i think he's still got hockey left in him just not with this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->