Confirmed with Link: Kings announce signing kovalchuk to 3 year contract.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Haha, Divealanche. Talk about a blast from the past. It was created by a Wings fan, kind of sad how that rivalry which was the best NHL rivalry of my lifetime is no longer a thing, kind of sad.

One of those rivalries dependent on specific players at a particular time. It was never about the logo on the jersey, even if Detroit was still in the West.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The player profiles on Divealanche were hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the Scott Parker player profile.
Divealanche.com -- Player Profiles

1a_parker.jpg

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
The Best Shape Of His Life anecdotes flow fast and furious this time of the year, but Doughty’s already impressed with what he’s seen.

“He doesn’t look like he’s lost a step, and if you see this guy in the gym, he’s a tank,” he said. “He just kills it in there. I think he crushed everyone on the bike. He doesn’t seem like he’s 35.”

I get a kick out of the main board always jumping to conclusions and ripping a player even before he's taken a step out on the ice.

Yes, he's 35 years old, but the dude is a beast.

How is Kovy looking in preseason so far?

It's hard to say this early on. Most of the team in LA yesterday looked out of sync until the third period. But I will say that somewhere between 5-10 minutes into the first period Kovalchuk did the unthinkable. While there was a delayed penalty call, he had the audacity to make a couple of stick handles and take the puck into the quarantine zone.... errr... the center of the ice. That might be the biggest positive Kovalchuk has. He hasn't been brainwashed that he needs to be glued to the boards and must not attempt to carry the puck into the middle.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
It's hard to say this early on. Most of the team in LA yesterday looked out of sync until the third period. But I will say that somewhere between 5-10 minutes into the first period Kovalchuk did the unthinkable. While there was a delayed penalty call, he had the audacity to make a couple of stick handles and take the puck into the quarantine zone.... errr... the center of the ice. That might be the biggest positive Kovalchuk has. He hasn't been brainwashed that he needs to be glued to the boards and must not attempt to carry the puck into the middle.

The middle of the ice is The Danger Zone. Stevens is Stinger.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017

"Quarantine zone" made me spit take. Still chuckling.

I guess poor John will have to earn his way out of last seasons "systemic infection". He is a really great guy and has a vision of how we wants the team to play but he just can't seem to let go enough to allow the players to open up the ice a bit. It is all about trust, if/when he learns to trust the team they will play up to their caliber/potential.

I don't spend much time in doors the past couple of seasons but I do miss this site. The cream always rises around here.

tg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Quarantine zone" made me spit take. Still chuckling.

I guess poor John will have to earn his way out of last seasons "systemic infection". He is a really great guy and has a vision of how we wants the team to play but he just can't seem to let go enough to allow the players to open up the ice a bit. It is all about trust, if/when he learns to trust the team they will play up to their caliber/potential.

I don't spend much time in doors the past couple of seasons but I do miss this site. The cream always rises around here.

tg

We miss you buddy!

How is Jeff Carter looking lately? Who is he centering?

He looks fine. But there's a lot of talk about his leg will never be quite the same. At first glance though he looks like he has the same explosiveness and everything, wonder if it's just a comfort/confidence thing that will always nag him. And there's so far not a ton of chemistry with Kovalchuk and Kempe but on paper that line could be real good.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How's Kovy's speed/skating looking? The guy is a horse but just wondering out about how he looks comparative to the speed of todays game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad