Confirmed with Link: Kings Acquire Olli Maatta from Blackhawks In Exchange for Forward Brad Morrison

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I had suspected Zadorov all summer, with a guy like Maatta as an alternative.

I’m pretty okay with this.

Reactions: BlackMetalED

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I hate it. Pretty clear signal to the team that we're fine with another loser year -- can't wait to see DD excitedly waddling into camp.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I remember thinking he might’ve been a good pick up a couple years ago. I really didn’t follow Chicago the last few years so I’m not sure what happened to him.

It’s still a good trade as he’s capable of putting up bottom to middle minutes on the defense. We basically just exchanged a contract slot and did not give away anything of value. Just getting rid of that contract slot Morrison occupied is a little better than just going out and signing a defenseman in free agency

The fact there’s only two years left and the fact that Chicago retained some money makes me like the trade

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
olli-maatta-parade.jpg

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I am semi-ashamed to admit that I have never even heard of the player the Kings sent to Chicago -- should I have...?

Nah. He was originally drafted in the 4th round (2015) by NYR but they did not sign him. Had some good numbers in junior ( WHL).

I think he spent some time in the ECHL last year. Just minor league depth at this point.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad