News Article: Kings #4 in The Athletic’s farm system rankings

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So that puts NYR, NJD, and ....who else? Edit: Colorado In front of us?

I'm good with that. I'll disagree on NJD but it's splitting hairs. Always love Pronman's stuff.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Actually, really interesting comparing his list to ours. His criteria is a little different in general, but he seems to break it on a whim (ie says under 23, still includes Porkins). Not a problem, just an alert. But what I'll proably do for better discussion is have the lists side by side in a different thread.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
very hard to rank that guy

Yeah, I think he ultimately asked around to a few industry people to gauge what he'd fetch in a trade as-is (with no more information on his prognosis than anyone else has) and ranked him accordingly.

Reactions: YP44

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah, I think he ultimately asked around to a few industry people to gauge what he'd fetch in a trade as-is (with no more information on his prognosis than anyone else has) and ranked him accordingly.

While you may be right, I just don't agree with using that approach.

If Vilardi is a 1st line talent when healthy, you either think he'll be healthy enough to come back (be ranked higher than 13th) or just don't rank him, because he'll be unable to play.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
While you may be right, I just don't agree with using that approach.

If Vilardi is a 1st line talent when healthy, you either think he'll be healthy enough to come back (be ranked higher than 13th) or just don't rank him, because he'll be unable to play.

but how is he supposed to know if he will be healthy or not?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
but how is he supposed to know if he will be healthy or not?

Not saying he's supposed to know. But his rankings are:
"Corey Pronman’s deep dive into the farm system of every NHL organization includes a ranking of all of the team’s prospects, broken into tiers based on their projection; the impact on the upcoming season and an overall ranking of all players under 23."

With Vilardi, he's suddenly using what scouts would trade for him to justify his ranking. If he doesn't think Vilardi is healthy enough to play, he shouldn't have any impact. If he thinks Vilardi is healthy enough to play, he should rank him higher as he would have a first line impact.

If the ranking were based on value, I would find the ranking more defensible, even if I disagreed.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not saying he's supposed to know. But his rankings are:
"Corey Pronman’s deep dive into the farm system of every NHL organization includes a ranking of all of the team’s prospects, broken into tiers based on their projection; the impact on the upcoming season and an overall ranking of all players under 23."

With Vilardi, he's suddenly using what scouts would trade for him to justify his ranking. If he doesn't think Vilardi is healthy enough to play, he shouldn't have any impact. If he thinks Vilardi is healthy enough to play, he should rank him higher as he would have a first line impact.

If the ranking were based on value, I would find the ranking more defensible, even if I disagreed.
fair take

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->