Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Okay, so you're a veteran 'leader' and about to go from 7 million to 11 million and you have ZERO even strength goals and are MINUS 30 gazillion and you say "I'm playing good hockey" and decide you can skip practice? Guess who I would trade by the draft.
I dunno, in this case with the amount of minutes he is playing I would imagine there are some mornings where Doughty's legs are just dead. There are still mandatory practices he must attend, probably whenever the Kings get a two or three day break in the schedule.

When he has an optional skate it probably makes more sense for Doughty to do a lot of stretching and getting therapy for whatever dings he might be experiencing. I am sure he isn't laying in bed when the rest of the team is at practice. We used to call them "maintenance days".

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Okay, so you're a veteran 'leader' and about to go from 7 million to 11 million and you have ZERO even strength goals and are MINUS 30 gazillion and you say "I'm playing good hockey" and decide you can skip practice? Guess who I would trade by the draft.

at least he is not wearing a letter.....frick

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I dunno, in this case with the amount of minutes he is playing I would imagine there are some mornings where Doughty's legs are just dead. There are still mandatory practices he must attend, probably whenever the Kings get a two or three day break in the schedule.

When he has an optional skate it probably makes more sense for Doughty to do a lot of stretching and getting therapy for whatever dings he might be experiencing. I am sure he isn't laying in bed when the rest of the team is at practice. We used to call them "maintenance days".

We finally agree on something, quick, look down, that's hell freezing over.....

It's insane to get panties in a bunch over Doughty taking an optional practice off....

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
sure when he signed the deal, but I would take either over him now
I agree, which goes to show us how much of a bad idea even 4-year deals can be for your average player when signing them at 25 years of age.

I was all for the Pearson contract when he signed it, but I am starting to rethink just about every situation when it comes to length of contract.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I agree, which goes to show us how much of a bad idea even 4-year deals can be for your average player when signing them at 25 years of age.

I was all for the Pearson contract when he signed it, but I am starting to rethink just about every situation when it comes to length of contract.

just shocking that he never continued at his past pace never mind develop

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

Disagree.

Doughty is displaying the intellect of a stable genius and is actually demonstrating leadership, by not playing.

It's obvious that Drew has quickly zeroed in on the issue, and that is the coaches are too stupid to realize that the guys getting fed minutes are mostly suck and don't deserve them. He must have watched Rob Blake on B&W and taken his message to heart about earning ice time.

So what's he's done is stepped up and donated his ice time to another player. Willie never saw this move coming, especially with zero reports of injury. Now the coach will be forced to hand out ice time to the remaining players, and the odds of a young guy getting them just went up. The other possible upside is that without Doughty carrying him, maybe Forbort will properly embarrass himself tonight, and the organizations blinders will magically be lifted and his ice gets cut going forward as well.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
What blows my mind is that Quick is still playing a lot of games when we have no shot at the playoffs. He has an injury history and a lot of miles on him. Why not give more playing time to Campbell? He needs games for experience and is solid in net. Quick also needs rest whether he wants to or not.

If this is all Willie, Blake should fire him and coach the team until the season ends so that he controls playing time.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
What blows my mind is that Quick is still playing a lot of games when we have no shot at the playoffs. He has an injury history and a lot of miles on him. Why not give more playing time to Campbell? He needs games for experience and is solid in net. Quick also needs rest whether he wants to or not.

If this is all Willie, Blake should fire him and coach the team until the season ends so that he controls playing time.

I'd like Blake to pull a Reg Dunlop and be player coach just so I can see him get knocked around a bit the rest of the season. Really one-up Murray in Anaheim.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'd like Blake to pull a Reg Dunlop and be player coach just so I can see him get knocked around a bit the rest of the season. Really one-up Murray in Anaheim.
I'd like Blake to pull a Reg Dunlap and bench any player who won't goon it up.

The Kings could be the toughest team in the Federal League.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
I'd toss Andreas Johnsson (TOR) into that group. If you offer sheet him close to $4 million per, it would be tough for the Leafs to match. Good solid hockey player and should carve out a role as a top 6 forward.

I would have no problem relinquishing a 2nd round pick for him.
Kapanen.. what's his situation?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Agree and disagree, agree in the principle of what you are saying,

Disagree in that I feel as if you do that, it's extremely disrespectful to Quick, and players in general, notice those things.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Agree and disagree, agree in the principle of what you are saying,

Disagree in that I feel as if you do that, it's extremely disrespectful to Quick, and players in general, notice those things.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Absolutely.
I guess 2 or 3, 1st rounders would serve us way better than this Mr.

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC

Not to be a downer, but no way that happens. The Manhattan Beach spring beach volleyball ball championship tournament starts in 3 weeks, and Blakey is team captain. How’s it gonna look to Nelly, Muzz, Mo and CJ if the best player isn’t there for both morning and afternoon practices.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Your very likely looking at a deal of $5 million + per year. That would cost a 1st and 3rd as compensation.

Very much like him as a player but, with where LA currently is and that cost, I would target Johnsson. Won’t happen anyhow but interesting to discuss nonetheless.

I wonder if they would target Kapanen, with a 5 million offer etc, assuming that this year was a fluke, he could help their team immediately, and he quite possibly would be better than what they could get with the 2020 1st.....

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
The one guy who LA could target and would be arguably worth the cost in picks if he could be had at 10m is Laine.

That would cost 2 firsts, a second and a third.

I wonder if Winnipeg would match a $7 year, $70m offer for Laine.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
I wouldn't target either of those guys, unless we truly believe that those players would net us more in a trade then what we give up for them in RFA signing. Kings need to be aquiring assetts, not giving them up.

Reactions: KopitarFAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad