Post-Game Talk (GBU): King me

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I disagree about Okposo. He did good by standing up for you Mittlestadt that got an illegal hit to the back like that and the refs played stupid and rewarded the Kings for that. Okposo did completely right, it's just that the refs and the instigator rule is completely ******ed.

That’s why I said fake tough guy. If he was an actual tough guy, I’d have no problem with it. The tough guy retaliating to a borderline hit is supposed to act as a deterrent. Okposo isn’t deterring anyone.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just realized we likely get to face Miller with Gibson going tonight, that's a relief with the way Gibson has started this season.

Miller is just as hot.

Gibson - .948 Save% 1.89 GAA
Miller - .946 Save% 1.51 GAA

The Ducks as a team are off to a really good start defensively.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Just hover around .500 until xmas time. They should be fully clicking by then and if we continue to get great goaltending and if Casey and Sam start scoring we can make some noise.

Reactions: sabrebuild

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Good: 4-4 at this point in the season and at least 2-3 on this Westie.

Vast improvement over last season's start, regardless. Even with a few warts on this team, we're vastly better than last year -- but we're still going to have our stinkers.
Crazy what great goaltending and an 18 year old defender eating top 4 minutes can do to stabilize a team going through some serious growing pains.

On the flip side, LA reminded me of us last year: losing challenges, blowing scoring opportunities, shoddy goaltending, etc. That team's got problems.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
The Erod-Mitts-KO line seems to get hemmed in their own zone at times, but they didn't have any critical breakdowns. I really like what they do in the ozone, they consistently generate quality chances.

I've liked Pommer so far this year, but I also liked his game to start last year. There's no way he can handle 1st line ES minutes and 2nd line PP minutes for 82 games. Everyday I'll probably speculate about the long term pan, but for now, f*** it

Jack & Skinner - In the good/bad/fun/dull charts their skills should naturally mesh to build home firmly in the fun zone. Today it was a good fun.
:popcorn:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Crazy what great goaltending and an 18 year old defender eating top 4 minutes can do to stabilize a team going through some serious growing pains.

On the flip side, LA reminded me of us last year: losing challenges, blowing scoring opportunities, shoddy goaltending, etc. That team's got problems.

Still wondering what it would be like if they could get another top-4 defender to push someone down the lineup. With how the Kings are right now, some package of futures for one of their mid-pair d-men would be welcome.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Still wondering what it would be like if they could get another top-4 defender to push someone down the lineup. With how the Kings are right now, some package of futures for one of their mid-pair d-men would be welcome.
I could do something like Guhle for Martinez if we could find the cap space.

Reactions: Chainshot

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The Sabres won game #4 in game 13 on November 2nd of last year. Any way you slice it this team is much better then last year. I just cannot wait for the PP to click and for 10,21,23,37 and 72 to start scoring. We cannot go goalless from those guys and expect much success.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G: Glad for the Win
Skinner comes alive and gets hat trick
Bogo scores.... reaction is priceless
Change up in lines was positive
Change up on PP even more positive
Mittlestadt - playing tough -takes on Martinez at the blue line twice in the same shift (3rd per.)
Dahlin - what a talent! so many great plays - too numerous to list 'em all
Ullmark - confident, poised. More than a back up goalie at this point
Ref makes an outstanding grab of a flying (Sobotka?)stick

B: Counted a least 2 King posts that could have changed the flow of the game
Quick really wasn't today
Kings were pretty bad today.

U: Phaneuf

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Ullmark!!!
Give him another start now, he deserves it, don't care if its's back to back. Run the hot hand so that we prolong the period where the season isnt pointless.
Also we played our best game this season so far... by a mile.

The kings seem atrocious hockey team with 0 exciting talent on it. I doubt Doughty, Quick and Anze manage to drag this pile of mess to the playoffs this season.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
Only caught the condensed game. Skinner took a nasty cross check after his 2nd goal, ouch.

Reactions: Fearnot

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just watched

- i have really liked McCabe this year so far. He wasn’t as solid this game as he was with Dahlin, but he definitely did offseason work. He’s better pivoting, his feet look less cumbersome, his decision making has calmed down and improved as a result, and he has limited the number of times he takes himself out of a play to make a big hit without sacrificing the physicality in his game.

- I love Erod’s game. Always. Dude is smart as hell, always in the right position and able to mold his game on a shift by shift basis. He had a few defensive zone plays in the high slot that were fantastic, and he has such a simple approach to the offensive side of his game that he maxes his effectiveness every time ouf

- agree w those calling on Scandella to be better. He has to be. He can’t stand out in such a negative manner if we want to get things on track for the long haul of the season. He’s too important.

- the Kings are a disaster, not just because Rayzor wanted to remind us at the top of each pair of minutes of play... they looked familiarly lost - second to all pucks, slow in transition, standing still and watching the puck in their own zone. It definitely gives you reason to hesitate before fully applauding this game approach.

- the selective physicality was a pleasant surprise. We were finishing checks and closing gaps, stepping up, pinching, but seemed to be doing so at the right times...didn’t overdo it, didn’t impede our progress as a team

I BEG OF YOU ALL. PLEASE RINSE AND REPEAT. PLEASE. PLEASE bring the same game against Anaheim.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
G: Everything.
The Kings are a hot mess right now but good for the Sabres for dominating play 5v5 for once.

B: Risto shouldn't still be playing 26 min a night this season, especially on a game like today. First game of a b2b, very little special teams, and we were in control of the game and score. If Phil isn't even going to give him a rest on games like this...

We finally get Dahlin on PP1 and Okposo off, but we only get 1 powerplay opportunity. :cry:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- Win!
- Skinner had a hat trick!
- Housley (he gets blamed for losses, only fair to credit the wins)

B- Casey should be in Rochester

U- Captain didn't do enough. Few parasite assists don't hide that.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->