Ullmark is money
Bogosian

B
McCabe
Scandella
Okposo

U
Nothing

Loved the game. Loved that they generated many scoring chances. That erod play to mitts that didn’t score, that’s seriously all I’m asking for. Actual chances.

Good win boys!

Last edited:

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
G
Skinner
Eichel
Dahlin/Nelson
Risto
Bogo
Linus
B
Scandella
U
?

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Good
- Eichel missed the empty net on purpose I’m pretty sure to try to get Skinner the hatty. Felt captainy.

Bad
- Okposo’s fake tough guy act ruining the shutout.

Reactions: Fearnot and WYFR

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
It's tough to evaluate the team in a game like this because of how bad the Kings played. I think any team in the league would have beaten them today, they looked that bad. I have a feeling this is how other fan bases feel after they put a beat down on the Sabres.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Good
- Eichel missed the empty net on purpose I’m pretty sure to try to get Skinner the hatty. Felt captainy.

Bad
- Okposo’s fake tough guy act ruining the shutout.

I disagree about Okposo. He did good by standing up for you Mittlestadt that got an illegal hit to the back like that and the refs played stupid and rewarded the Kings for that. Okposo did completely right, it's just that the refs and the instigator rule is completely Pejorative Slured.

U:
Dion Phaneuf.

I thought the Sabres were good today, shifting in grades from okay to phenomenal. Scandella's little miss-pass was the only fault i saw today. Good game by the Sabres, let's keep this up! Especially in how the looked in the second period.

Reactions: brian_griffin

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
A convincing win!
Skinner-Eichel-Pominville
Rodirgues
Mitts
Dahlin
Ullmark

B:
Ok-poo-so

U:
No ugly in that game

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
G:
Pretty much everything
Eichel/Skinner/Poms clicked
Mittelstadt is starting to look like he's going to be a legit 2nd line center sooner than later
Dahlin had another one of those tantalizing games, and helped make Nelson look like an NHLer

B:
Scandella deserves a benching after that one.

U:
The Kings

Aside: At some point I'd love to see Casey with Sam. My only concern there is overpassing.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It's tough to evaluate the team in a game like this because of how bad the Kings played. I think any team in the league would have beaten them today, they looked that bad. I have a feeling this is how other fan bases feel after they put a beat down on the Sabres.

The fact that the Sabres were capable of putting a beat down like this on another team at least shows progress, maybe?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just realized we likely get to face Miller with Gibson going tonight, that's a relief with the way Gibson has started this season.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I love Eichel with black tape on his stick blade. I find it just looks so much better.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Was flipping the game on and off today as I was busy. I watched around half the game and only managed to catch 1 of the goals. Guess I had all the buffaluck tonight.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Really glad I was loud-wrong about Skinner-Eichel for a night, and good to see the plodder line get a bounce. If we're going to force teams to deal with SEP in the offensive zone instead of the Mittelstadt line, it has a much better chance of succeeding than I initially gave it.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
G:
Just about everyone you want to do well.

B:
Scandella, what the hell has happened to him this season.

U:
Refs completely blowing that call on Okposo that killed the SO.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm glad Pommer is back with Eichel, this allows Reinhart to help anchor a 2nd actual NHL line. I said earlier I wanted Skinner exchanged with Sheary but I was wrong on that.

I look forward to see how they carry this over against a real threat with Anaheim.

Reactions: Fearnot

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Agreed. Pretty sure that's what happens when one plays with Dahlin though.

Yeah, Dahlin bailed the pairing out a couple times, I thought. It's incredible how calm/poised he is defensively for an 18-year-old. Shame Schandella has started sucking. It'd be nice to have 2 d-men you could actually trust in the D zone.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad