Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
AmericanDream said:
Kindl-so much talent-yet hasnt pulled head out of a$$

ur kidding right?

in 62 gms last year he managed 3 goals and 11 assists for 14 pts, with 92 PIMS
this year in 16 gms, hes gotten 3 goals and 12 assists for 15 pts and 42 PIMS

the kid has improved drastically offensively and physically. hes got the 2nd worst plus minus on the team, yet 12 guys are a minus while barely many are a 0 or a plus. Hes been playing against teams top lines for the most part i hear and we drafted him based on his offensive upside. He might even earn a good look to get signed and play in Grand Rapids next year if his progress continues. I got no idea where your getting your information from, besides his plus minus is the only thing that needs to be fixed, IMHO his head is FAR out of his ***

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
again i will say, kindl-needs to pull head out of a$$. the guy has no heart, and looks clueless most nights. I am glad to see the guy is starting to put up career minor league numbers. he has miles to go before he gets any looks from anyone above the echl level.

I compared Lee to Housley for offense only, Lee is a better defender, but really couldnt think of someone with that much upside offensively, and pretty solid with the d work to compare to. I saw Rafalski, but thats not even close. Maybe a young Brian Leetch would be more in order for Lee.

Lee

Bourdon
Pokulok
Kindl
more appropriate now

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lee is 6'3 he will be more physical then Rafalski. He is very much an anomoly as not many people have had the chance to watch him until this year. I had the pleasure of takeing in a UNH ND game and man was I impressed. He has incredible puck poise, he has soft hands and he is smooth as silk. He also gets his shot off in a hurry. He isnt going to destroy anyone with a big open ice hit like Bourdon but you will also not see him get beat. He has a very active stick and is very mobile. He actually reminds me of a more mobile rangy Redden.

Id be surprised if Johnson QB's the pp over Lee at the WJC.

I dont think we will see who the better player is Lee or Bourdon until years down the road.

This could be very similiar to the Redden Jovanovski comparison ironically Redden and Lee belong to the sens and Jovo and Bourdon play for the Canucks.

My final rankings.

Bourdon/Lee
Kindl
Pokulok

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Bourdon is clearly the best of this group.

George McPhee compared Pokulok to former Ranger dman Ron Greschner. Thta is a heck of complement. Pokulok is a dding a mean brand to his game this year. With his size and skating ability I'm going to put him behind Bourdon.

Brian Lee-I have not seen him in prson, but he seemed to be a reach. He seems to posses alot of skills. Like Valabik, taken too high.

Jakub Kindl-Toolkit to excel. Does he have the heart?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
borro said:
Brian Lee-I have not seen him in prson, but he seemed to be a reach. He seems to posses alot of skills. Like Valabik, taken too high.
Lee was expected to go around #15 so he wasn't taken too high. I don't see how he's a reach. He's gone into North Dakota and looked great on the blueline. We'll see how he does at the WJC's this year. The Sens had him rated 4th in the draft and I'll trust their scouts.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
borro said:
Bourdon is clearly the best of this group.

George McPhee compared Pokulok to former Ranger dman Ron Greschner. Thta is a heck of complement. Pokulok is a dding a mean brand to his game this year. With his size and skating ability I'm going to put him behind Bourdon.

Jakub Kindl-Toolkit to excel. Does he have the heart?

I love how you say that Bourdon is clearly the best out of the group when you haven't even seen Lee play.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TheCoach said:
I love how you say that Bourdon is clearly the best out of the group when you haven't even seen Lee play.

I doubt he's seen any of the defensemen in question play, especially Pokulok. I know I don't get to catch too many Cornell games........... I have read quite a bit about Sasha's play this year, and if I could use one word it would be inconsistent. He has a ways to go before being in Bourdon or Lee's class IMO. Lee is a great talent, no doubt about that. Not a banger, but exceptional with his positioning and stick, and ELITE offensive skills. He and Johnson on the point on the U.S. PP with Schremp, Kessel, and Chris Bourque? YOWZA!

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I doubt he's seen any of the defensemen in question play, especially Pokulok. I know I don't get to catch too many Cornell games........... I have read quite a bit about Sasha's play this year, and if I could use one word it would be inconsistent.

This is exactly the right word to describe Sasha, atleast in the offensive zone. One minute he'll stickhandle through three defenders half his size and the next he'll fumble a pass with no oposing player within 7 feet. Saying, he cleary has the skills to be a very good NHL player. Great size, nice skater, great shot, pretty good vision and a good stickhanlder when he wants to be. He's also been noticiably physical this year, almost two much so.

I said that inconsistent is the proper word to describe Sasha's offensive play this year. I do, however, think that he's been relativly steady defensivly. I can't really remember seing him get flat out beat so far this year, though he does need to be more careful with some of his passes.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
AmericanDream said:
again i will say, kindl-needs to pull head out of a$$. the guy has no heart, and looks clueless most nights. I am glad to see the guy is starting to put up career minor league numbers. he has miles to go before he gets any looks from anyone above the echl level.

Have you even seen him play this year? Didn't think so. And 15 pts in 16 games is hardly minor league numbers for a D-man.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
xander said:
This is exactly the right word to describe Sasha, atleast in the offensive zone. One minute he'll stickhandle through three defenders half his size and the next he'll fumble a pass with no oposing player within 7 feet. Saying, he cleary has the skills to be a very good NHL player. Great size, nice skater, great shot, pretty good vision and a good stickhanlder when he wants to be. He's also been noticiably physical this year, almost two much so.

I said that inconsistent is the proper word to describe Sasha's offensive play this year. I do, however, think that he's been relativly steady defensivly. I can't really remember seing him get flat out beat so far this year, though he does need to be more careful with some of his passes.

Thanks for the scouting, Xander. I haven't had a chance to catch any Cornell games this season.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
GagneOwnsYou said:
Kindl
Bourdon
Lee
Pokulok.

HAHAHAHAHAH.

but seriously, right now Kindl and Pokulok aren't in Bourdon's and Lee's Class. Bourdon could have played in the NHL this year, and Lee is making a hge impact in college, Kindl is rough, to say the least, and Pokulok is way way way behind Bourdon and Lee in development.

Who will make the NHL first? Bourdon, who will have the biggest impact? Either Lee or Bourdon, too early to tell on that one. With people comparing and 18 year old Bourdon to a 19-20 year old Phanuef, noone in their right mind could put Kindl over him.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Bourdon- big defenseman with all-around great potential
Lee- A bit of a wildcard as all kids from high-school are, and it is too early in the college season to tell if he's a bust or not, but nevertheless, he shows very good potential.

Kindl- Nowhere in the ballpark of the first two
Pokulok- see Kindl

Bourdon- Mccabe
Lee- Jovanovski
Kindl- Rathje
Pokulok- Poti

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
clay said:
Bourdon- big defenseman with all-around great potential
Lee- A bit of a wildcard as all kids from high-school are, and it is too early in the college season to tell if he's a bust or not, but nevertheless, he shows very good potential.

Kindl- Nowhere in the ballpark of the first two
Pokulok- see Kindl

Bourdon- Mccabe
Lee- Jovanovski
Kindl- Rathje
Pokulok- Poti

Lee-Jovo-cop???? I really dont see it. Lets not even get into the lack of physical play and size that Lee has compared to Jovo, but Lee is a much more offensive minded player then Jovo.

Kindl-Rathje I really dont see that either. Kindl is a fast skilled d-man who has zero heart, common sense, and has his head is up his a$$. Dont see Rathje as having any of those qualities.

I can see the Bourdon and Pokulok comparisions, just not the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->