Proposal: Killorn to MTL

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'll give you 2 2nds

Stl 2020 and habs 2021
And why are we helping Tampa? I'd rather we get someone younger than trade 2 2nds for a 31-year-old.

If there's anyone I want from Tampa, that I think can be had, it's Sergachev or Cirelli. The problem is Sergachev won't ever wanna come back to the team that initially betrayed him and planned a grand parade over what they got for him.

Reactions: OB5

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
he has a 16 team NTC, 3 years at 4.5M, turns 31 in 13 days. Not sure he would want to play for the Habs.

I believe Killorn lives in Mtl, so he would be back home.

Tampa is in cap hell, leaf had to give a 1st rounder to get rid of Marleau, I would give a 3rd pick max for Killorn.

Valuable player, but Tampa is in a very bad situation and I think would be happy to get a 3rd pick and keep Cirelli and Sergachev.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
And why are we helping Tampa? I'd rather we get someone younger than trade 2 2nds for a 31-year-old.

If there's anyone I want from Tampa, that I think can be had, it's Sergachev or Cirelli. The problem is Sergachev won't ever wanna come back to the team that initially betrayed him and planned a grand parade over what they got for him.

Cause Killorn is a bigger second line forward who just had his best season, likely an outrigger but 40-50 point bigger forward is something we could use. 2 2nds cause I figure he has more value than Andrew Shaw.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If the Kapanen trade did not teach you anything its that 50 point forwards at a reasonable have value in covid land. MY OPINION it is 2 and 3. Maybe it is late 1. Maybe it is 2 2's. Maybe a 2 only (and of course how high up 2 matters). I really doubt it is a 3 or worse.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Cause Killorn is a bigger second line forward who just had his best season, likely an outrigger but 40-50 point bigger forward is something we could use. 2 2nds cause I figure he has more value than Andrew Shaw.
We're not helping Tampa. They already f***ed us over with Drouin. If there's a trade to be made, it's for Cirelli or Sergachev. We have the upper hand, let's not gift them 2 valuable 2nd round picks when they're desperate to move him and clear cap. Besides, I rather go for a UFA to get help, than help a rival division team clear cap/get better.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He spent a lot of his younger life in Quebec and went to higschool in Montreal. So that could help or make it worse not sure which though.

Tampa is in cap hell, leaf had to give a 1st rounder to get rid of Marleau, I would give a 3rd pick max for Killorn.

Valuable player, but Tampa is in a very bad situation and I think would be happy to get a 3rd pick and keep Cirelli and Sergachev.

at his age I figured he would want to go to a team that is a contender, if TB has to trade him for cap reasons. Maybe we aren't on his 16 team no trade list. Then it begs the question should the Habs be looking at 31 year old wingers, or will they just continue to build through the draft as MB says?

Adding his 4.5M means someone has to go after next season as we already can't afford to keep all of Gallagher, Petry, Danault, Tatar, Domi, Armia, especially when Kotka will get a raise with them and Suzuki the following year.

So far MB has not traded top prospects or high picks so we don't know if that will change this off-season or not.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
at his age I figured he would want to go to a team that is a contender, if TB has to trade him for cap reasons. Maybe we aren't on his 16 team no trade list. Then it begs the question should the Habs be looking at 31 year old wingers, or will they just continue to build through the draft as MB says?

Adding his 4.5M means someone has to go after next season as we already can't afford to keep all of Gallagher, Petry, Danault, Tatar, Domi, Armia, especially when Kotka will get a raise with them and Suzuki the following year.

So far MB has not traded top prospects or high picks so we don't know if that will change this off-season or not.

Thats fair, listening to the exit interviews Petry said he thinks the team needs another big body up front and I agree. Personally I'd like to go after Nino Niederreiter but Killorn could fill a similar role. Obviously I'd rather get Hall or Laine but trying to manage expectations.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thats fair, listening to the exit interviews Petry said he thinks the team needs another big body up front and I agree. Personally I'd like to go after Nino Niederreiter but Killorn could fill a similar role. Obviously I'd rather get Hall or Laine but trying to manage expectations.

but Petry isn't the GM, so it only matters what MB's plans are. Does he keep doing what he's been doing but stockpiling all these damn picks and prospects or does he feel pressure to make the Habs better since he's got all these UFA's to keep happy or they won't re-sign next summer.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not sure they'd help the Habs being in the same division and all. Somebody out West will get him

Reactions: Flyer lurker

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure they'd help the Habs being in the same division and all. Somebody out West will get him

they may not have a lot of choices as his 16 team no trade list, a flat cap for years, many teams in cap trouble, it could be a tough environment as teams might need to have an internal cap due to the loss of rev if no fans especially if it goes beyond next season. Even if not if you are an owner you have to at least consider the possibility of it if you are going to take on any contracts of any sort of length. Not saying all owners would be in trouble of course, just that we are in uncharted waters this off-season and who knows how badly that will impact the situation.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
does he feel pressure to make the Habs better since he's got all these UFA's to keep happy or they won't re-sign next summer.

I hope not. Danault and Petry should be moved this summer while their value is at its highest, and Tatar should be moved closer to the TDL. Gallagher is the only piece of the group I'd like to hold on to, and even then I'm not sure how well he will hold up into his mid 30s with his style of play.

We should be looking to clear cap space and contract spaces and let one more year slip; weaponize that space and those draft picks with the expansion draft and a flat cap.

For OP: I wouldn't want Killorn unless the price was cheap; would be fine taking him for a second to expose him to Seattle, though.

Reactions: montreal

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
but Petry isn't the GM, so it only matters what MB's plans are. Does he keep doing what he's been doing but stockpiling all these damn picks and prospects or does he feel pressure to make the Habs better since he's got all these UFA's to keep happy or they won't re-sign next summer.

I was thinking along the keeping the UFA's happy route with petry being one of em.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

There is a big difference between having a competent GM and an idiot.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

value and needs aside, Killorn does live in montreal in the offseason

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the Sharks are on his list, they'd be offering either Sorensen or Gambrell plus a 2nd so that Tampa has a cheaper player for next season that they're going to need anyway.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If the Kapanen trade did not teach you anything its that 50 point forwards at a reasonable have value in covid land. MY OPINION it is 2 and 3. Maybe it is late 1. Maybe it is 2 2's. Maybe a 2 only (and of course how high up 2 matters). I really doubt it is a 3 or worse.

The Kapanen trade taught me that Rutherford is an idiot but I already knew that.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Killorn is a 40+ point winger (when playing with an above average forward corps in Tampa, Montreal has less skill in it's forward group). Is he really an upgrade on the wing for Montreal? Over 30 now so likely not going to get any better. At $4.5 million and at the cost of assets, I don't see the reason for Montreal to go after him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->