Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 3

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not sure why and it's way past Halloween, but I've been on a Rob Zombie movie-thon kick lately.

I really liked "31". It reminded me a lot of "The Running Man" (mid 80's Arnie movie) but more gory in Zombie's style.

Reactions: Dorian2

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Watching my kid tonight. Did some stretching. Splits hurt more than usual tonight. Hmmmm. Getting rusty.

upload_2020-11-26_19-25-11.jpeg

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
If you guys want something very serious to watch I'd recommend the documentary "For Sama" which follows a young Syrian woman at the heart of the revolution who becomes pregnant right as the civil war breaks out. She documents everything with her camera and we're given some truly harrowing shots of civilians (including some very young children) being bombed, maimed and killed as the conflict rages on. I think it serves as a very powerful reminder of just how awful armed conflict is and how it's always the civilians which pay the largest price.

The film made history as the most nominated feature documentary in the history of the BAFTA's (among other things), and it's well deserved. I'm very interested in international politics and have followed the Syrian conflict extensively since the Arab spring but even so this was a fresh and unique perspective on the war that I had not seen before, at least not in that framing and it made me rethink some assumptions I had made previously. Well worth a watch even if you're not into that sort of stuff, because while it's pretty gruesome at times it's also deeply human.

Trailer:

Full version (can rent or buy on YouTube for a couple of bucks):

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Which Games were your favorites?

Counter-Strike 1.6 is my all-time favorite. Nothing is ever going to beat that. I've spent an ungodly amount of hours both in playing, watching and being otherwise involved with that game. Zero regrets about it either haha, I got really good at it at the end right as it died, which was unfortunate. After that died out I went over to Dota 2 (had played some WC3 DotA prior) and was quite involved in that. Sprinkled in some Quake, Starcraft 2 and a decent amount of WoW along the way. Playing a little bit of CS:GO here and there. Would like to play a bit more Apex but my computer can't really handle it and I'm not willing to spend money on a new PC (need a monitor as well actually, hate playing FPS games on 60 hz).

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Counter-Strike 1.6 is my all-time favorite. Nothing is ever going to beat that. I've spent an ungodly amount of hours both in playing, watching and being otherwise involved with that game. Zero regrets about it either haha, I got really good at it at the end right as it died, which was unfortunate. After that died out I went over to Dota 2 (had played some WC3 DotA prior) and was quite involved in that. Sprinkled in some Quake, Starcraft 2 and a decent amount of WoW along the way. Playing a little bit of CS:GO here and there. Would like to play a bit more Apex but my computer can't really handle it and I'm not willing to spend money on a new PC (need a monitor as well actually, hate playing FPS games on 60 hz).

I suck at competitive games, but I used to love Half Life 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Crimson Skies when I was in junior high. Microsoft "remastered" them to native 4k for the One X and I decided to get back into gaming just to play them. They still hold up and are amazing gameplay-wise

Reactions: Zaddy

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I suck at competitive games, but I used to love Half Life 2, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Crimson Skies when I was in junior high. Microsoft "remastered" them to native 4k for the One X and I decided to get back into gaming just to play them. They still hold up and are amazing gameplay-wise

Ever play GTA 3 or GTA Vice City?

Reactions: Dorian2

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Loved that game. Awesome 80s soundtrack too.

Once Hitman "Blood Money" was released though, that became my new favorite. The two latest releases in that series are a lot of fun to play.

Remember many not being able to pass the Game because of this mission.

Played Hitman Blood Money and thought of it being a great Game.

GTA 3 mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Remember many not being able to pass the Game because of this mission.

Played Hitman Blood Money and thought of it being a great Game.

GTA 3 mission.

Oh man, that bomb mission almost drove me bonkers!! I forgot all about that, it's probably been 15 years since I've played Vice.

That Conan vid had me in stitches :laugh:...Absolution is such a fun game. I love the "choose your own adventure" style of games like Hitman.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Oh man, that bomb mission almost drove me bonkers!! I forgot all about that, it's probably been 15 years since I've played Vice.

That Conan vid had me in stitches :laugh:...Absolution is such a fun game. I love the "choose your own adventure" style of games like Hitman.

Comments on Youtube:

This mission was made by Satan.

This mission made me rage quit and uninstall the game.

Its 2019 and still am stuck on this mission.

Reactions: McFuhryous

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'm not a comic book guy and usually could care less about the movies but the Dark Knight trilogy was fantastic.
Yes!!! Unpopular opinion, but I liked Batman V Superman as well. Hated doomsday. But the fight scene between Batman and Superman I thought was done extremely well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad