Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
has anyone seen "Cool Dad" by Informercials on Adult Swim.

I cant stop laughing at it and I saw it two days ago. I cant find it aside from the random live stream on adultswim.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
A lot of people won't like it, but its more traditional slow building suspenseful horror. We lapped it up and thought it was time well spend and a lot of food for thought. People analyze this on several levels.

Watched it twice and so much going on that the rewatch was a different take. Won't give anything away except for that several interpretations of the film exist. A thinking horror film. This is a good introduction to suspense horror. Nice that its a Hammer film.

Mind you I like films like The Witch and Lighthouse so take my recommendations with a grain of salt.

But with horror specifically, as a genre, I like to go back in time and assess how this would have impacted a younger audience. This one is slow haunting, one that you don't forget, years later will be remembered. Wife got a good dose of nightmares from this one. Its that kind of movie that just creeps into your spine. Deliciously, you don't even realize it immediately.

Last edited:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
A lot of people won't like it, but its more traditional slow building suspenseful horror. We lapped it up and thought it was time well spend and a lot of food for thought. People analyze this on several levels.

Watched it twice and so much going on that the rewatch was a different take. Won't give anything away except for that several interpretations of the film exist. A thinking horror film. This is a good introduction to suspense horror. Nice that its a Hammer film.

Mind you I like films like The Witch and Lighthouse so take my recommendations with a grain of salt.

But with horror specifically, as a genre, I like to go back in time and assess how this would have impacted a younger audience. This one is slow haunting, one that you don't forget, years later will be remembered. Wife got a good dose of nightmares from this one. Its that kind of movie that just creeps into your spine. Deliciously, you don't even realize it immediately.

Saw that movie The Lodge and didn't like it.

:thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad