Post-Game Talk: Kill It With Fire Leafs Win 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
Unfortunately our games start really late here in Portugal, so i rarely get to see a game live.
Can somebody tell me how well did we play?
We won, and that´s all that matters, but we are getting close to the PO´s and i need to know how are the boys doing on the ice.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Shouldn't be a surprise I am making this comment but:

It amazes me that when you go to every single Around the league of our rivals when we are winning, there is this herd mentality of "don't talk about it". They won't even say "The Leafs" or "Toronto" they just talk about the loss of the other team or avoid the discussion altogether, all the while talking about every other game that is on.

I love the hate we get.

When fans refuse to talk about your team or complain when they lose to you, that's when you know your team is top tier.

Last edited:

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
the Flames play such ugly hockey. and they are very bad at it. the Sens are better than the Flames.
Great win for the Buds tho. Finally a power play goal and our 1st two lines are elite. Simmonds with a goal, hopefully it gets him going on the powerplay too.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019

Love this comment. Thats a coach in the game.

He's barely changed the PP.

Take out Thornton, take out Simmonds. Our PP is absolutely horrible, just because we scored 1 PPG this game doesn't mean shit.
If we're going 1/30 on the PP in playoffs, it's over.

PP1:
Rielly
Matthews - Tavares
Hyman - Marner (downlow making plays)

PP2:
Holl
Nylander - Galchenyuk
Kerfoot - Spezza (downlow making plays)

AND for the love of god! Why doesn't the PP coach realize that Gally and Nylander have amazing chemistry together. I could do a better job coaching the PP. Seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Take out Thornton, take out Simmonds. Our PP is absolutely horrible, just because we scored 1 PPG this game doesn't mean shit.

PP1:
Rielly
Matthews - Tavares

PP2:
Holl
Nylander - Galchenyuk

AND for the love of god! Why doesn't the PP coach realize that Gally and Nylander have amazing chemistry together. I could do a better job coaching the PP. Seriously.
I know right. If we're in charge, the Leafs would be steamrolling to their 25th straight cup.

Reactions: Lauro

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

PP1:
Rielly
Matthews - Tavares

PP2:
Holl
Nylander - Galchenyuk

Its already been proven having a strong PP doesn’t win you a cup. Having a strong PK does. Teams rarely go on the PP in the playoffs. Gotta score even strength

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lucic crying to Skilliter that he wasn't doing enough to help the Flames season not get flushed down the toilet was the highlight for me.

He is quite the p***y now, instead of playing well, he cry's when his teammate clearly highs ticks Hyman. Comiting infractions and not getting called for it? Who does he think he is a Bruin?

What do you call that thing he did on Brodie? Slew Foot? Clipping? Tripping? Game management is not a thing though....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Its already been proven having a strong PP doesn’t win you a cup. Having a strong PK does. Teams rarely go on the PP in the playoffs. Gotta score even strength

It seems to me that PP and PK are equally important. What am I missing?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s funny reading the comments about Keefe taking a timeout. Who watching the game didn’t think after the shorty, ‘call timeout’?
Pretty much every coach calls timeout there. That was a big moment in the game.

Reactions: Pi and Cams

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It’s funny reading the comments about Keefe taking a timeout. Who watching the game didn’t think after the shorty, ‘call timeout’?
Pretty much every coach calls timeout there. That was a big moment in the game.

Good time to call one and good on the team to respond.

He probably didn’t need to say much. Must have told them to get their head out of their ass and do what they are paid to do. Kick in the butt and response was a PPG by 34.

Reactions: ACC1224

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It seems to me that PP and PK are equally important. What am I missing?

the last few cup winners have had terrible PP’s but have had outstanding PK’s don’t think they are mutually exclusive. Especially when you’re not getting as much PP’s to begin with.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I know you mean well but NHLOA? You contacted their union and expect them to discipline one of their members?

LOL.

PS- Are we done with these late games yet?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I know you mean well but NHLOA? You contacted their union and expect them to discipline one of their members?

LOL.

PS- Are we done with these late games yet?
As of right now we have one more game in Vancouver. I mean whether we actually play that game or not is anyone's guess at this point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad