New York Islanders: Kieffer Bellows Returned to Bridgeport

PotvinsCups4

Apr 30, 2016
Can someone let me know what is happening with Bellows. The team isn't scoring, and this exciting scorer is on the bench in favor of Johnston? WTF. How did he get on trotz bad side already? Trotz to blame here? Wht is going on? I haven't been watching this train wreck because I dont like Trotz offensive zone handcuffs

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Clutterbuck conditioning is great news.

Bellows obviously made more mistakes than Trotz is willing to accept, hence his lack of ice time later in the games. I'm fine with it.

Ladd and Koivula are plugging holes. Hoping Brass can go tonight and give us something like (based on recent lineups):

Lee/Barzy/Eberle
Beau/Brock/MDC
Ladd/Brass/Bailey
Martin/Koivula/Leo

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Bellows obviously made more mistakes than Trotz is willing to accept, hence his lack of ice time later in the games. I'm fine with it.

Ladd and Koivula are plugging holes. Hoping Brass can go tonight and give us something like (based on recent lineups):

Lee/Barzy/Eberle
Beau/Brock/MDC
Ladd/Brass/Bailey
Martin/Koivula/Leo
Too many holes in that lineup to plug.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Can someone let me know what is happening with Bellows. The team isn't scoring, and this exciting scorer is on the bench in favor of Johnston? WTF. How did he get on trotz bad side already? Trotz to blame here? Wht is going on? I haven't been watching this train wreck because I dont like Trotz offensive zone handcuffs

Guess you weren't following the Rumors thread here. Plenty of pissy posters complaining because I pointed out Trotz is killing the kid's confidence.

Better to lose 1-0 playing the system than let a few mistakes go to keep a young sniper in the lineup.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Lee/Barzy/Eberle
Beau/Brock/MDC
Ladd/Brass/Bailey
Martin/Koivula/Leo

Now THAT'S a Trotz lineup! Koivula will get two shifts and Ladd will be on PP1! Hang in for the 1-0 loss and get 14 shots on goal against the Red Wings!

Is that, on paper, the slowest skating team we've EVER put on the ice?

We lose this game I want to hear about how it's Koivula's fault!

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I understand but hate the idea of the kid needs to earn more playing time. They should have at least TRIED Bellows with skilled players, what’s the worst that happens? When you score 2 goals in 4 games it’s inexcusable to not at least give someone with some offensive talent a chance

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Can’t pretend I know better than Trotz, but this still leaves me saying WTF....

In the thick of a playoff race is not the best time for a kid to learn but Andrew Ladd?

The guy is practically fossilized.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Can’t pretend I know better than Trotz, but this still leaves me saying WTF....

In the thick of a playoff race is not the best time for a kid to learn but Andrew Ladd?

The guy is practically fossilized.
Ladd handles the puck better than 90% of the guys on our roster. He sees the game as well as anyone. His trouble is he can't skate anymore.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Accountability
Earn it
Force their hand

That's what we read all the time on here and now people are upset Bellows got sent down because he should've been given a chance with the top line. Amazing.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Accountability
Earn it
Force their hand

That's what we read all the time on here and now people are upset Bellows got sent down because he should've been given a chance with the top line. Amazing.
Isn't it?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Accountability
Earn it
Force their hand

Accountability only applies to Komarov and Kuhnhackl when they screw up. Leave the rookies alone.:sarcasm:

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Accountability
Earn it
Force their hand

There’s no forcing Trotz hand. Bellows won us the game vs the Kings.

No young player with such little NHL experience will be mistake free. I thought the pros outweighed the cons. Remind me, how many goals has this team scored in the last 5 games?

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Ladd handles the puck better than 90% of the guys on our roster. He sees the game as well as anyone. His trouble is he can't skate anymore.

Ladd hasn’t played in the NHL in nearly a calendar year.

Not being able to skate is a fatal flaw. I’m sure Jagr sees the game as good as anyone too, but there’s a reason he isn’t in the NHL.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
There’s no forcing Trotz hand. Bellows won us the game vs the Kings.

No young player with such little NHL experience will be mistake free. I thought the pros outweighed the cons. Remind me, how many goals has this team scored in the last 5 games?

It's just funny that people on here always talk about the same things and then when it happens they're upset because it's not what they wanted this time.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Ladd hasn’t played in the NHL in nearly a calendar year.

Not being able to skate is a fatal flaw. I’m sure Jagr sees the game as good as anyone too, but there’s a reason he isn’t in the NHL.
We're gonna find out tonight, but I have to believe if Lou and Trotz, who have seen him up close, didn't think he could skate at the NHL level, they wouldn't bring him up.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
It's just funny that people on here always talk about the same things and then when it happens they're upset because it's not what they wanted this time.
What about accountability for Lee, or Bailey, or other players who are struggling? What’s the harm in at least TRYING him on the top line when the lineup you’ve constructed has scored 2 goals in 4 games. You can’t play a forward line 25 minutes a night, you just can’t.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
We're gonna find out tonight, but I have to believe if Lou and Trotz, who have seen him up close, didn't think he could skate at the NHL level, they wouldn't bring him up.
He got one game a month or two ago and I thought his skating OK....enough. I can't say I analyzed every shift but I thought he looked decent enough to warrant a second game. I've always been a proponent of giving him another shot so I'm glad he's up and hoping he can prove that he's healed up and still has something in the tank.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
This is what you do what you've done everything you can and nothing's worked but you still don't want to go out and overspend for a rental that isn't getting you to a Cup anyway.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad