Player Discussion Kiefer Sherwood

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
In 2 games he has 1 point from a assist while playing 13:22 on average.

What our your thoughts on him?

I like him. I don't ever see him becoming a big producer but he seems like he'll be a useful energy guy or possibly even a solid complimentary winger who can move up and down the lineup as needed.

Now let's see if he can continue to play this way with consistency and really nail down a job.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's literally been one of our best players....every single game....

Reactions: Masch78

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He might not have the skill of some of our other rookies, but he makes up for it with his work ethic, love the kid. And he is surprisingly very strong on his skates.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Looks like he plays his way into the middle six for years to come. Solid forechecker. I like that we got a good player out of college once again.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Have to see how long he can stay this energetic. For him to stay on the NHL a ong time, he would need some more offensive skill
But so far obviously he has been a positive

Reactions: GiveYouABagOfPucks
Oct 18, 2011
He won a face off clean on the game tying goal after the center got kicked out...then guess who's right in front of the goalie?

Didn't get credited for any points but significantly contributed to the goal!

Reactions: Getzmonster

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He reminds me a kase when he first got called up, hopefully he can develop an offensive game like kase did.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
He reminds me a kase when he first got called up, hopefully he can develop an offensive game like kase did.

I dont really thats so accurate. as long as kase has been in the NHL he's been a puck on his stick player who makes a lot of space with his hands as opposed to sherwood who seems much more like a player who plays away from the puck and forechecks hard. However I am no pro scout.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I dont really thats so accurate. as long as kase has been in the NHL he's been a puck on his stick player who makes a lot of space with his hands as opposed to sherwood who seems much more like a player who plays away from the puck and forechecks hard. However I am no pro scout.
watch replays of kase when he first got called up

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Sherwood to me is like a wider, slightly slower version of Cogs. Same motor, relentlessness... and unfortunately same lack of hands.

Reactions: Elf

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Sherwood to me is like a wider, slightly slower version of Cogs. Same motor, relentlessness... and unfortunately same lack of hands.

Thats more what I see in his game although I think cogliano may be a bit smarter in his forechecking while sherwood is just straight tenacious 100% of the time. Offensively I think sherwood has quicker hands than cogs but is without cogliano's obscene puck protection skills.

Reactions: ADHB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->