Kids In The Hall Revival

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Awesome show... The reboot will be nothing like the original though because everyone gets offended now a days

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
I used to record and watch the original episodes over and over and over again. There are so many lines seared into my brain that I quote them to myself randomly without always remembering where they came from. They've become part of my internal wiring.

I jump around streaming services, so the new show will go to the queue until I get back to Prime. I refuse to cut cable, so I have to be choosy with streaming.

I didn't get from the article if the new show will be straight sketch comedy (my strong preference) or something akin to "Death Comes to Town", which I didn't care for, save for a few gags. I had a similar reaction to "Brain Candy".

I've been reading the Kids in the Hall bio, "One Dumb Guy". I'm still in the early chapters. I've had the book for awhile, but only got around to it. It's light but fun reading.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Will tune in. Not expecting much, but what the hell. So many classic sketches, so many classic characters in the original. If the new version has a tenth the entertainment value of the original, it'll still be better than 99% of what's on now.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
8 episodes that pick up where the original series left off, eh? Sounds great.
I hope they recreate the whole studio audience and have Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet to play.
I'm sure they've had several new ideas for skits for their popular characters.
I don't really want to see Buddy again, but just like the original five seasons, you take the good with the bad.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I remember reading on Wikipedia that Dave Foley said he'd probably be arrested if he returned to Canada because of apparent divorce lawsuits or something.

I guess he was either joking or, well, it's Wikipedia.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I remember reading on Wikipedia that Dave Foley said he'd probably be arrested if he returned to Canada because of apparent divorce lawsuits or something.

I guess he was either joking or, well, it's Wikipedia.

He did previously owe a lot of back-payment in child-support I believe. I can't remember the details but his child-support payments were based off his salary when he starred on NewsRadio but when that show was cancelled his income was drastically reduced but his appeal to reduce his child-support payments was denied and he quickly fell behind. Glad it got sorted out but the Death Comes to Town miniseries was all filmed in North Bay a decade ago so it's likely been resolved for quite some time.

Reactions: End on a Hinote

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I just watched the documentary Kids in the Hall: Comedy Punks. It was good. They promote the reboot some at the end but the majority is about their beginning and show.

Recommended for any fan.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
30 years ago they poked fun at offending people and the calls to cancel them

Honestly the most snowflake thing that any snowflake can do is to convince themselves that people being offended is a recent development. As if people in the '60's were burning Beatles records for warmth.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
30 years ago they poked fun at offending people and the calls to cancel them

Honestly the most snowflake thing that any snowflake can do is to convince themselves that people being offended is a recent development. As if people in the '60's were burning Beatles records for warmth.

I prefer the bra burning--got more warmth from that

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
kids.jpg

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The new series is amazing, the only unfunny parts are the 'friends of kids in the hall' transition bits. pure cringe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad