• Vili Saarijärvi

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Libor Sulak

Votes: 119 83.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

If theyre both borderline I would sit them out for one more game and give one of the prospects playing time. They've honestly all played well enough to deserve a spot on the roster so throw them a quick bone and then make a decision. Lets Dekeyser and Ericcson get a little heathier

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's still 6 days until the season opener, so this situation will change many times. Somebody becomes healthy, and another guy can get injured....

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I didn't vote for Hronek, but he looks much better defensively than last year

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
I'll start off by saying I only personally watched 3 of the 8 pre season games.. But judging on those three games. My impressions of the young defence is this.

1. Cholo was the best. By far. Created offense. Did not look out of place defensively. Looked great on the PP (which without green, we lack).

2. Sulak/hickets.. I absolutely adore hicketts compete level. The kids is full of heart. He may only top out as a 5/6 d.. But he's gonna have a nice long nhl career. Whether in Detroit or else where.. Sulak is fun to watch. Very dynamic offensively. Adequate defensively. Big, mobile. Kinda reminds me of dekeyser when he first came from college and joined the team.. Hopefully he continues the upward trajectory and doesn't plateau like DK seems to have.

3. Hronek.. He was fine.. But his lack of confidence was apparent.. He wasn't bad, wasn't great. Was out played by the other the. IN MY OPINION.

4. Vili. Only saw one of his games.. He looked good. Offense is there. But again only saw one game of his.

Don't really get the hate on any of them. Unless some. We're awful in the games I missed.. As far as I'm concerned all 5 came in and made the decision very hard for the red wings staff. (exception being cholo. I feel he separated himself from the rest). Did they each make their share of mistakes? Sure.. But they are young, mistakes are to be expected.. And anyone expecting a young d to come in and be mistake free off the hop has set their expectations far to high Imo. Learning and growth come from experience. And the only way to get experience is to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad