Khudobin's injury

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
the thing is that as nice as the secondary scoring has been, it's not sustainable without the top players scoring and being used properly. the defence after 10 or so games is marginally better and also not sustainable playing in their own zone most of the time. long discussion but to me this team gives the impression of just holding on by the skin of their teeth and a month from now when the league stabilizes they will find themselves at the bottom again trying to fight up hill. this team has more skill than is being utilized IMO. without the top line firing, this team will lose, secondary scoring, defense, and all.

You say the top line isn't scoring/producing. What percentage of the team scoring do you think they should provide?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
You say the top line isn't scoring/producing. What percentage of the team scoring do you think they should provide?

Oh for crying out loud...what is this. Are you seriously going to debate his assertion that the top line hasn't produced? With the exception of only the last game, the top line has not produced. Please don't pick that nit.

Rocky's point is valid...pick another battle.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Oh for crying out loud...what is this. Are you seriously going to debate his assertion that the top line hasn't produced? With the exception of only the last game, the top line has not produced. Please don't pick that nit.

maybe he was just curious so he can bring this back up after the sample size is larger than 9 games?

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

But are they not producing because of the insertion of "Muller's system" or another reason? Staal's slow starts, Semin's missing preseason games and shooting into shin pads, and Tlusty's knack for scoring in bunches. I'll take those over the "system" excuse.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This thread is still about Khudobin right? I think rocky should just start his own thread with his opinions and let everyone ***** and moan about it in there. No reason for this nonsense to permeate the thread about an injured backup goalie.

(Not a shot at rocky's opinions)

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Back on track - Khudobin rehabs every day, ankle is recovering, hurt to go into butterfly stance in shoes two days ago. Hopes to skate on Sunday.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
You can't blame a guy for hoping, right? Of course in true Petersian fashion, he'll probably look like Georges Vezina reincarnated against the Pens.

No, not at all. I hope so too. The good thing is, after Colorado and Pittsburgh, there's what, four days off? I imagine he'll be good to go by then.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Muller said he didn't think Khudobin would be ready before the end of the next week since he wants him to get some practices under his belt. I think the last thing they want to do is rush him back only to see him get hurt again. Complete guess, but maybe next Saturday in MSG would be a target return date? It's the second half of a back-to-back with Tampa in Raleigh on Friday.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It is and it'd be awesome. Dobby would go from "just" being a good goalie to being a terrific guy and more evidence of how special both hockey and our market is.

He is definitely a really good guy. Super hard worker too. Can't wait to see him back in net.

Blown Away

Apr 23, 2013
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 1h

G Anton Khudobin is feeling better. He could be back in Hurricanes lineup in the next few days if everything goes according to plan.

FeedDaPuck

Mar 17, 2008
Everywhere
It is and it'd be awesome. Dobby would go from "just" being a good goalie to being a terrific guy and more evidence of how special both hockey and our market is.

NO))) But almost. He is not reading them: but does hear about some of the best comments:he is cracking up at them... Pitt is somewhat unreasonable, but MSG is definitely a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad