Khudobin/Moog

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
He will jump ship either home or another team in the NHL. Stinks too because I really enjoy him. I also see the similarities to TT. Unfortunately we don't have any leverage as Rask will need to be resigned. Svedberg becomes the odds on favorite at that point for the back up job.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I very much like Khudobin. Not only is he a damn good goalie, but he's a lot of fun to watch due to his style. It would be cool if he stayed with the Bs. Obviously things can change by the end of the year, but if both Dobby and Rask remain healthy and continue to play well then I do not see the Bs wanting to pay him a lot to stay as the backup goalie. If we did not have Svedberg waiting in the wings and Subban looking like he will be the real deal then I could see us paying good money to keep Dobby at backup. Fact is we are stocked up well with good young goalies, so overpayment at that position is not something we have to do. There have to be at least several teams in the NHL that will be willing to pay Dobby more than we will be wanting to pay after the season is over.

OutspokenMinority*

Thomas. Not Moog. Moog was much less active in net. Course Lemelin barely moved at all.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
We trade Rask and sign Kudo long term?

I have to say, he looks good.
He looks good in selected starts. He's never had to carry the load and never appeared in a truly meaningful game. He is good for at least one cream puff goal a game.

The back up goalie is everyone's favourite player until they become a starter, then they suck. Khudobin is a stop gap. We have Svenberg to back up Tuukka next year.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I can tell already he has a stronger mental makeup than Rask. One goal or one game loss (like the disaster Pens loss) doesn't affect his next save nor next game. His reflexes, sided to side coverage is definitely on the level of TT. But he is also a practical goalie and doesn't try to do too much.

This is the similiarity he has with Rask. But for now from what i've seen he looks less shook up after a goal or bad game, i don't think i've seen him give up one bad goal yet and just looks like someone you can trust to help you games.

I think CJ feels the same, because it has become for every 2 games rask plays, Khudobin is playing the next game vs before where it was only when the Bruins played back to back. I just like Khudobins style and demeanor better than Rask. And Rask is a good goalie

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
A back up goalie who makes more than $1M is a luxury they can no longer afford after this season. If he wants to stay for a million bucks, then lock him up. Otherwise, it's the next man up.

The next man up looks like Svedberg. He is signed for $1 million in the NHL for next year.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really like Dobby, have since they played him at the end of last season. Even though he has been excellent I can't see them going against the organizational plan and keeping him over Rask. Rask is a great goalie too but seems way more flustered when scored upon much of the time.
I understand Claude being very confident and comfortable playing him but could it also be that he is being *showcased or did last season's experience make the front office feel that they need the security blanket of as many NHL caliber goalies as possible?

*Which teams (especially out west) need goalies most urgently this year?

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I really like Dobby, have since they played him at the end of last season. Even though he has been excellent I can't see them going against the organizational plan and keeping him over Rask. Rask is a great goalie too but seems way more flustered when scored upon much of the time.
I understand Claude being very confident and comfortable playing him but could it also be that he is being *showcased or did last season's experience make the front office feel that they need the security blanket of as many NHL caliber goalies as possible?

*Which teams (especially out west) need goalies most urgently this year?

I think Dobby's future will come down to if Rask can win in the playoffs , just hope signing Rask to a huge contract doesn't come back to bite us later .....just saying

thornton22

Mar 13, 2013
Boston
We trade Rask and sign Kudo long term?

I have to say, he looks good.

I wouldn't want that to happen. I love Khudobin but he's only played 15 NHL games and I wouldn't trade away Rask (we know what we're going to get, and it's great) for a goalie we still haven't really seen that much of. Rask seems more capable of standing on his head when the rest of the team aren't playing playing like they should, not that Khudobin hasn't done so, but the really crazy saves are usually Rask. Rask let in one soft goal the last game he played in, and now all of a sudden people actually want to trade him. :laugh: Don't get me wrong, I really want to keep Khudobin, but if I had to make the choice, I'd definitely keep Rask.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Rask is ahead of the game over Khudobin but not by as much as some think.

Has he has not won a playoffs series and actually has to win one this year to wash away the sour aftertaste from the last collapse.

Until thats done, Rask is not over the top #1 for me. And i like the way Khudobin plays better.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Rask is ahead of the game over Khudobin but not by as much as some think.

Has he has not won a playoffs series and actually has to win one this year to wash away the sour aftertaste from the last collapse.

Until thats done, Rask is not over the top #1 for me. And i like the way Khudobin plays better.

Uh...1st round vs. Buffalo in '10?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
He looks good in selected starts. He's never had to carry the load and never appeared in a truly meaningful game. He is good for at least one cream puff goal a game.

The back up goalie is everyone's favourite player until they become a starter, then they suck. Khudobin is a stop gap. We have Svenberg to back up Tuukka next year.
You make a good point but overall Khudobin has looked good .Would he falter as a starter?Quite possibly but from what I have seen of him, he might play well.I don't know a thing about Svenberg but I am not sure how you can project that he will be able to replace Khudobin when he has yet to play a single game for the B's.The Bruins need two quality netminders to remain competitive,I don't see B's management rolling the dice and letting Khudobin walk away given he has played well in the limited number of games he has played.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
You make a good point but overall Khudobin has looked good .Would he falter as a starter?Quite possibly but from what I have seen of him, he might play well.I don't know a thing about Svenberg but I am not sure how you can project that he will be able to replace Khudobin when he has yet to play a single game for the B's.The Bruins need two quality netminders to remain competitive,I don't see B's management rolling the dice and letting Khudobin walk away given he has played well in the limited number of games he has played.

Do they have a choice with the cap next year? The only way Khudo stays is if Rask chokes in the playoffs, is traded and Khudo becomes the #1. Long shot indeed. Which is a shame cause Khudo has awesome numbers throughout his time here. We could be losing a potential Thomas here. Imagine what would have happened had the Bruins gone with Raycroft instead of Thomas! It was a similar situation: a thoroughbred vs a journeyman. Makes me shudder. If the leafs are smart they make him an offer he can't refuse.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He'll only play here if he wants to stay here. He won't get the money he'd get in the KHL or any other NHL team. I hope he wants to, but it's not likely.

Svedberg looks to be quality, he's used to NHL ice now, and Subban is developing. It would hurt to lose him, but the pain would go away. To be honest, a $3m cap hit would hurt a lot more.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Much more TT than Moog,and he's easy to like,more so than Rask ,who plays well but isn't the most charming fellow in the world.Way to many times,after a give away that results in a goal , I have seen Rask gesture so as to say "well what do you expect me to do if your gonna give the puck away like that" clearly trying point out the give away so as to shed blame.This bugs me, turn overs happen all the time, I've never seen any other goalie do what he does.They just take the puck out of thier net and move on.Who ever it may be that commited the turn over knows full well he messed up,but isn't that what a goalie is for? Doesn't he have to cover up mistakes at some point?When he was going the wrong way on Pittsburgs second goal and then did a poor job covering up his mistake I didn't see any of the Bruins slaming thier sticks on the ice
I think it's a lot closer than people think with these two.The problem is the sample size we have of Khudobin is way to small.So we have to go with Rask but I'm not sure we should go all in here,He's a very good goalie and I'm not trying to take that from him but like many have said here I feel more comfortable with Khudobin,and that in itself is food for thought.

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
Why not try to trade khudobin at the deadline and bring Svedberg up. Trade him in a package for Iginla and Calgary can resign him and we don't have to worry about trading Subban.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Anton is just as good (better ?) as Rask, why not trade Tuukka ?

Anton should have played over the disinterested Thomas in the playoffs last season.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
He'll only play here if he wants to stay here. He won't get the money he'd get in the KHL or any other NHL team. I hope he wants to, but it's not likely.

Svedberg looks to be quality, he's used to NHL ice now, and Subban is developing. It would hurt to lose him, but the pain would go away. To be honest, a $3m cap hit would hurt a lot more.

Unless Khudobin becomes the next Hasek or Thomas for the Oilers, and this will become the biggest "what could've been" in Bruin's history lol.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Cause we need a reliable backup for the playoffs, and with all due respects, Svedberg isn't yet.

while Khudobin has looked good, he is far from a proven reliable backup in postseason as well.

I wouldn't trade Khudobin at the deadline, largely because I think he has very little value, probably worth no more if not less than a 3rd round pick

If you told me Calgary would take Khudobin, instead of Subban as the major piece in a deal for Iginla, I would make that trade and worry about the backup later. But he doesn't have that value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->