KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Is there any link with detailed trades list?

Because there was some news, that KHL teams trades for current NHL stars (because possible NHL lockout) and i cant find any info about it.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
After Kovar, Golyshev also renews his contract (4 yrs) with Avto. It is good that they will not become another Sibir. Or, at least, it looks that way.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After Kovar, Golyshev also renews his contract (4 yrs) with Avto. It is good that they will not become another Sibir. Or, at least, it looks that way.
Well Sibir have reached a lot by overachieving and having great team construction. Avto do have a lot of money which is a lot easier way.

This trend of players being offered and accepting 4 year deals is an interesting one, however. Also I wonder if Avto will try to bring in Jan Kovar to take Da Costa's spot. Jakub's interviews though.. He should just stop giving those :laugh:

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Sounds like my favourite 'SKA is a toxic evil!!!11' religious stuff I see on sports.ru all the time. :D
It's only partially about SKA. He made a promise. A man is just as good as his word. If he indended to play for Avto when he is 43, then it was a bad joke.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It's only partially about SKA. He made a promise. A man is just as good as his word. If he indended to play for Avto when he is 43, then it was a bad joke.

What exactly is that promise you are talking about? I mean, I remember him stating that he wants to end his career at home, but I don't really recall him stating that he won't play anywhere else in Russia except Yekaterinburg.

And yes, while 3 years ago I also was hoping he would sign at home, looking back at that situation now I wouldn't want to see him signing with Avto back then as with the kind of team it was at that moment I doubt that Datsyuk would be able to maintain a decent level of play to get to the Olympics and it would be a total disaster, since he was our only proper center there.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What exactly is that promise you are talking about? I mean, I remember him stating that he wants to end his career at home, but I don't really recall him stating that he won't play anywhere else in Russia except Yekaterinburg.

And yes, while 3 years ago I also was hoping he would sign at home, looking back at that situation now I wouldn't want to see him signing with Avto back then as with the kind of team it was at that moment I doubt that Datsyuk would be able to maintain a decent level of play to get to the Olympics and it would be a total disaster, since he was our only proper center there.
The Avto part I don't get. How can McDavid maintain his level of play on the Oilers?

Again, if he meant that finishing his career at home is playing there as a 43y.o. greybeard and Avto should be grateful, then it was a bad joke and it sheds a very different light on his personality which I always considered to role-model like for hockey players.

Also signing with SKA of all teams is something I can't see as a positove on the resume. I was baffled then and obviously Datsyuk's rep with me took a big hit.

Another thing is he was no kid without money. He could have afforded to play for free in Yekaterinburg if he wanted to.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
To be honest, from on the ice product perspective, Datsyuk is just a money sink. He is realistically an often injured 2nd line center now. I don't think his salary is that.

Reactions: Exarz

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
The Avto part I don't get. How can McDavid maintain his level of play on the Oilers?

Again, if he meant that finishing his career at home is playing there as a 43y.o. greybeard and Avto should be grateful, then it was a bad joke and it sheds a very different light on his personality which I always considered to role-model like for hockey players.

Also signing with SKA of all teams is something I can't see as a positove on the resume. I was baffled then and obviously Datsyuk's rep with me took a big hit.

Another thing is he was no kid without money. He could have afforded to play for free in Yekaterinburg if he wanted to.

I mean that if Avto signed him at that point there's no way he could do all his health maintenances that often, as SKA could afford playing without him. And if Datsyuk would have to be the leader of the team game in and game out, not sure his health would survive for too long. Nowadays Avto could afford that too.

To be honest, from on the ice product perspective, Datsyuk is just a money sink. He is realistically an often injured 2nd line center now. I don't think his salary is that.

Realistically Datsyuk is an expensive, but great locker room presence.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Zagidulin to Flames. Wonder if it was his plan all along or was it Koshechkin's extension who pushed it to move to NA.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
what are his expectations, I wonder...AHL at best for the nearest future?
I think the usual route, one year in AHL, one with NHL call-ups and he either sticks in the big leagues or goes home. It makes sense for him, he can become a starter and play close to 50 games per year instead of being Koshechkin's backup for 2 more years at not-so-young age of 23. He needs to play and that Koshechkin's extension must have been a dagger to him. I really feel he has been somewhat mistreated by Magnitka throughout his career. From what I've seen, my sentiment is echoed in the comments of Russian websites as well.

In other Magnitka news, they got a good one in Yakovlev. Too bad he didn't stick in the NHL but at least he isn't going back to SKA.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So it seems Magnitka is by far the most active team early on (or simply leaking most information), Vladimir Galuzin also confirmed to be going there somewhat remedying their absolutely terrible C situation lately.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yakovlev should be good. It's mind-boggling that a similar player like Carrik comes and gets 20+ minutes a game, being a career minus player horrid defensively and Yakovlev got no shot at all...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kozun and O'Dell to Magnitka as well. No doubts Sochi tried to keep the entire core of their team: they have announced extensions with most of their key players already, including Collins and Rosen, but O'Dell was the fig bish they couldn't keep. At the same time, Magnitka gets a proper 1st line center. It's honestly really nice to see them address the issue so fast and with this much focus on it.

Reactions: hansomreiste

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Well, not exactly sure if it qualifies for this thread but I wanted to add since nobody else did: Zinetula Bilyaletdinov has left Ak Bars. Yet I think we have something to cheer us up: Gusev and Gavrikov are off to NHL to Golden Knights and Blue Jackets, respectively. I'm looking forward to seeing the days of hard cap and SKA & CSKA top brass mulling over who they should get rid of in order to comply with the hard cap rules, losing top players here and there. Seize the means of point production.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
SKA terminated (cancelled contracts) with Gavrikov and Gusev, yet leagues comes out just to state that they are still somehow tied to SKA organisation after doing that :D

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yakovlev should be good. It's mind-boggling that a similar player like Carrik comes and gets 20+ minutes a game, being a career minus player horrid defensively and Yakovlev got no shot at all...
Well he played 25 or so and played quite successfully. I don't think he wasn't offered an extension to be honest just money probably wasn't very good.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Well he played 25 or so and played quite successfully. I don't think he wasn't offered an extension to be honest just money probably wasn't very good.
I don't have any insight, but they guy went for the dream, not for the money, when his chance of PT was giving to a career minus player and a journey man - that sealed the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad