KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Burmie to Salavat for a bucket of pucks. Not sure if it is a good trade, semi-decent centers are kinda rare in the K. Also, trading a local to a hostile team is kinda strange, looked like some sort of punishment for Alex

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think sending him to Nizhnekamsk, as it was rumored at first, would have been a bigger punishment. Also I agree, centers are very rare commodity in the K but at the same time, Burmi is terribly overpaid one, I assume.

Osnovin, however, isn't a completely redundant piece, he's an ok player.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Do you guys feel like Kravtsov will be dealt by the deadline?
Hard to tell. He is obviously headed for NA soon. And I doubt he can close some big hole on one of top teams, because they are top teams and basically are set. As a rental for a playoff run he doesn't seem like a sure shot home run.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Burmie to Salavat for a bucket of pucks. Not sure if it is a good trade, semi-decent centers are kinda rare in the K. Also, trading a local to a hostile team is kinda strange, looked like some sort of punishment for Alex
We are the one off the chart team with like 9 nominal centers. So it was definitely a trade we of all teams could afford. The rivalry is still there, but it's not like players hadn't switched between AkBars and SYu in the past. There are quite a lot in fact including our captain, remember?
Obviously Burmistrov got himself in Bill's doghouse somehow. It had to happen. I am neutral on the deal so far. Osnovin is a proven KHLer. Other pieces I can't really comment on so far, but they are at least there. And it's not like Burmistrov has made himself invaluable in his time here. A servicable 3rd line C he was. As mentioned we do have an abundance of centers to replace him though.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hard to tell. He is obviously headed for NA soon. And I doubt he can close some big hole on one of top teams, because they are top teams and basically are set. As a rental for a playoff run he doesn't seem like a sure shot home run.
More importantly, Traktor will still definitely be in the playoff mix by the deadline. It won't make sense for them to trade away a modestly paid guy who is playing well in that position.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
What’s the story with Voynov?

Is he still waiting for NHL to call? Or did he just decide to take a year off?

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Scherbak going to the KHL or does he get another shot with someone based off him being a 1st round pick?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Scherbak going to the KHL or does he get another shot with someone based off him being a 1st round pick?
I think that depends on him completely. Somebody would definitely give him a chance but he is losing a lot of money by playing in AHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What’s the story with Voynov?

Is he still waiting for NHL to call? Or did he just decide to take a year off?
He decided to play with the crooks again. His mistake. They(NHL) will tell him and us a lot more intriguing stories I imagine. Only for Voynov that means sitting out and getting closer to ruining his career.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
He decided to play with the crooks again. His mistake. They(NHL) will tell him and us a lot more intriguing stories I imagine. Only for Voynov that means sitting out and getting closer to ruining his career.

But what’s the delay? Is NHL reviewing his case? Are there still legal issues to clear?

It seems strange for him to stay idle for an entire season.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
But what’s the delay? Is NHL reviewing his case? Are there still legal issues to clear?

It seems strange for him to stay idle for an entire season.
The statements from the NHL are very obviously concealing:sarcasm: the fact that they don't want the possible negative publicity trouble and drag it out for as long as possible.

Russian Hockey Player Voynov Fails to Receive NHL Reinstatement - NHL Deputy

https://triblive.com/sports/nhl/142...ebts-nhl-reinstatement-deserves-consideration

Reading through comments in the latter is great for understanding why the NHL will postpone the decision till the second coming. The weird society has it's rules of moralizing, witch hunting and judging on issues they have no idea about. The political climate is against Voynov's return. He should have known it. He is not the brightest bulb out there from what I saw and heard from him. I will always be on his side in the partcular legal case though which was damning evidence for the US legal system's systemic bias. His attempt to return to the NHL though speaks volumes about his basic intellect. He should have known he will end up in this situation being stuck with a "yes, sure... maybe... someday". He is wasting his time.

The legal issues are out of the way btw. It's the league that is not giving a clear answer for months now.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
The statements from the NHL are very obviously concealing:sarcasm: the fact that they don't want the possible negative publicity trouble and drag it out for as long as possible.

Russian Hockey Player Voynov Fails to Receive NHL Reinstatement - NHL Deputy

Mark Madden: Slava Voynov has paid debts, but return to NHL unlikely

Reading through comments in the latter is great for understanding why the NHL will postpone the decision till the second coming. The weird society has it's rules of moralizing, witch hunting and judging on issues they have no idea about. The political climate is against Voynov's return. He should have known it. He is not the brightest bulb out there from what I saw and heard from him. I will always be on his side in the partcular legal case though which was damning evidence for the US legal system's systemic bias. His attempt to return to the NHL though speaks volumes about his basic intellect. He should have known he will end up in this situation being stuck with a "yes, sure... maybe... someday". He is wasting his time.

The legal issues are out of the way btw. It's the league that is not giving a clear answer for months now.
yup, welcome to the the kingdom of curved mirrors :)

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Why can’t he just play in KHL while the decision is being reviewed?

Some sort of contract with out clause.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
so shumakov back to russia, joins avangard and is expected to play today against severstal. i'm not mad at all but a little bit disappointed. serious injury earlier didnt help though

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
so shumakov back to russia, joins avangard and is expected to play today against severstal. i'm not mad at all but a little bit disappointed. serious injury earlier didnt help though
Russian athletes are so far removed from reality - this guy just went to NA without even being able to speak English, being a soft player too and didn't even perform in the AHL....if I were, I'd be thinking good riddance.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Shumakov is anything but soft. If anything his playstyle relies on physicality too much for such a small guy. The moment he signed I wrote he will have to adapt to make it work in NA, I guess he didn't.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Vityaz signed a one-year deal with forward Michal Repik which contract with Slovan was terminated by a decision of KHL Disciplinary Committee.

Any details?

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Vityaz signed a one-year deal with forward Michal Repik which contract with Slovan was terminated by a decision of KHL Disciplinary Committee.

Any details?
They aren't paying his his salary and he applied for contract termination after finding another team. My best guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad