KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Barry Brust is Ava's answer to their trouble. Solid.
Or such were reports yesterday. Meanwhile today it turns out they didn't get it done and simply went with signing Murygin who is probably just Bobkov's backup at this point. Maybe they hope Ramo will actually get healthy before the PO.

Simple hockey

Aug 21, 2018
Or such were reports yesterday. Meanwhile today it turns out they didn't get it done and simply went with signing Murygin who is probably just Bobkov's backup at this point. Maybe they hope Ramo will actually get healthy before the PO.
Kozun has two points in his second game after not playing in several months if he is not the straw that stirs the drink I don’t know who is. After being disrespected all summer by incompetent management, welcome back kozy

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Postma... an OD... in the KHL... Just get sober.

<...>

Just don't try too hard to look like an expert. I don't pretend to know much about everything and everyone, but I know a thing or two about players my team signs. As well as it's former players.

Anymore "offensive defencemen" who can't score points for the last half-decade out there to sign?
From today's interview with Rafik Yakupov, Ak Bars GM:

Парень сыграл более 200 матчей в НХЛ, набирал очки, это защитник атакующего плана, праворукий. После летних изменений в составе нам был нужен такой защитник, который бы играл в большинстве.

For those who don't understand Russian, he says, in bolded parts, "he's an offensive defenseman, righthanded. After the roster changes this summer we needed such a defenseman, who could play on PP".

So Ak Bars GM, of all people, agreed with what I said using basically the same words I used describing Postma signing. That is too funny. But I guess Atas knows better than I do or than the Ak Bars GM does (even though Yakupov said they scouted Postma and did all the homework). So my dear Atas, you better go tell the team "a thing or two" about him because they clearly got it all wrong. Maybe check if Yakupov isn't drunk on a job as well. He probably "of course has no idea how the team is built".

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
From today's interview with Rafik Yakupov, Ak Bars GM:

For those who don't understand Russian, he says, in bolded parts, "he's an offensive defenseman, righthanded. After the roster changes this summer we needed such a defenseman, who could play on PP".

So Ak Bars GM, of all people, agreed with what I said using basically the same words I used describing Postma signing. That is too funny. But I guess Atas knows better than I do or than the Ak Bars GM does (even though Yakupov said they scouted Postma and did all the homework). So my dear Atas, you better go tell the team "a thing or two" about him because they clearly got it all wrong. Maybe check if Yakupov isn't drunk on a job as well. He probably "of course has no idea how the team is built".
LOL Do you actually read/hear those typical signing comments by GMs? What do you expect him to say? "Worthless filler player we don't need, but we signed him anyway."? Of corse somebody on the team thinks they need him and expect something out of him. But that's the point. Firstly, they can make mistakes and they do. Otherwise we'd never discuss a bad move by a GM. Secondly, they always praise their signings. So what?

Yakubov also states in that interview that Postma was his signing all the way. Of course he defends it. How it works out we will see, but he made mistakes in the past. Especially with foreigner signings. He also stated that they keep looking for defencemen. I highly doubt he is confident that he's got the OD to cover all needs.

Just let it go. There were all the odes and hymns to Markov at the day of signing. Understanably. We all know though he is not a prime Markov and he is not the best D-man on the team. The smartest, most experienced one he is. A great mentor to the developing young guys. That's how it works.

What is expected of Postma by Yakubov who advocated his signing is one thing. What Postma himself expects for himself might be close. What Postma can and will do in the KHL might be a different story. And looking at his age and history I am yet to be convinced he is that sure shot great OD for the team.

The reality is there aren't Sergei Zubovs on the market to sign. And I don't like knee jerk attempts to improve the team. There is great youth to develop. There is way more potential in that. Some of them are way ahead of where Tokranov was at their age.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Postma is a very bad NHL player, especially defensively, for ak bars' sake I hope his game transitions to KHL better.
That is a concern. Even Markov whined about the big rink and he at least was familiar with it. And then Bill just can't have defencemen who can't defend. That is why a guy like Ohtamaa was a good fit with him and many others before him were not.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Postma is a very bad NHL player, especially defensively, for ak bars' sake I hope his game transitions to KHL better.
*was a very bad NHL player. That is exactly the reason why he is a KHL player now. What was the last good non-Russian NHL player to come to KHL?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The reality is there aren't Sergei Zubovs on the market to sign.
The reality is that you ridiculed me for saying that he was signed to replace Tokranov when it is absolutely 100% the case in words of Ak Bars GM. Furthermore, you said he is more likely to replace Ohtamaa which I have no idea how even makes sense other than that they are both imports.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Very nice signing for Sibir today, as they get Yegor Dugin, formerly of Torpedo, on a one year deal. Judging by their pre-season results, they are going to need him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The reality is that you ridiculed me for saying that he was signed to replace Tokranov when it is absolutely 100% the case in words of Ak Bars GM. Furthermore, you said he is more likely to replace Ohtamaa which I have no idea how even makes sense other than that they are both imports.
I know It's one game, but from watching tis one game Postma is a passable Ohtamaa replacement. So there is that. He's a vet by now. It shows on our young D. Offensively he didn't do much. I doubt he will replace Tokranov(i.e. if we need to replace Tokranov.).

Btw here is something for so you don't think Iam some obscurantist with weird takes:

Считалось, что «Ак Барс» ищет атакующего защитника, способного усилить игру команды в большинстве. Но Постма игрок немного другого плана. Это габаритный хоккеист, который хорош в силовой борьбе и у своих ворот. Когда Пол играл в АХЛ, он сразу становился результативным защитником, и у него есть неплохой атакующий потенциал, но, когда ты играешь в третьей паре клуба НХЛ, основная задача – не навредить. Главное – играть внимательно и не ошибаться, а подключаться вперед будут другие. В казанском клубе долго выбирали иностранного защитника, в частности, советовались с одним из тренеров «Виннипега» Чарли Хадди и остановились на Постме.
Подробнее на «БИЗНЕС Online»: Канадский почтальон: «Ак Барс» подписал новичка из НХЛ

«У него хороший, мощный бросок. У Пола есть потенциал, и он его чувствует», – говорил про Постму прошлым летом генеральный менеджер «Бостона» Дон Суини. Вот только Полу уже 29 лет, и этот потенциал остается где-то далеко. За пять лет в «Виннипеге» Постма так и не смог закрепиться в основе, а за 65 матчей в сезоне 2016/17 не убедил «Джетс» в том, что он нужен команде. В среднем в НХЛ Пол играл по 12 минут за матч, и за то игровое время, что ему доверяли, никак не проявил себя. А главным событием для Постмы в «Бостоне» болельщики клуба называют его милую фотосессию с псом Коппером.
Подробнее на «БИЗНЕС Online»: Канадский почтальон: «Ак Барс» подписал новичка из НХЛ

This is a neutral look for you, not a GM praising his own decisions.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, no-offense-Postma has 2 points in 3 games so far.. And regarding quotes, it says in black on white: " и у него есть неплохой атакующий потенциал, но, когда ты играешь в третьей паре клуба НХЛ, основная задача – не навредить". Which, again, is basically the same thing I was trying to tell you.

Meanwhile Avangard just added Versteeg and Cody Fransson to the team which seemed rather good already. It's like they are trying to have a 30-player roster just like SKA. In any case, those are quality additions, Ava is gonna be good.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Neftekhimik waived Andrei Makarov, some team like Amur should be all over this. If they have money. They should find it though before their season is in the gutter.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, no-offense-Postma has 2 points in 3 games so far.. And regarding quotes, it says in black on white: " и у него есть неплохой атакующий потенциал, но, когда ты играешь в третьей паре клуба НХЛ, основная задача – не навредить". Which, again, is basically the same thing I was trying to tell you.

Meanwhile Avangard just added Versteeg and Cody Fransson to the team which seemed rather good already. It's like they are trying to have a 30-player roster just like SKA. In any case, those are quality additions, Ava is gonna be good.

4pts after 10. Same as Pedan. Maybe Pedan was meant to be the replacement for Tokranov. 1 more than the all time great Batyrshin. Btw Tokranov has 0g3a on high octane SKA. You were saying?

Team's D is anemic on offence and Postma is no standout here. Just as expected. And just as I wrote he is more of a replacement for the steady Ohtamaa leading the team in +/-. So far he is solid... on D, which is appreciated given the injuries and all.

Avangard or better to say Hartley needs to figure out european hockey or else...

The expected good start is already stalling a bit lately. His straight forward NA game needs some bug fixes if they want to go all the way. The roster is there undoubtedly, but look at what Martemyanov does with a similarly, but not just as much improved Avto roster. Playoffs in the East are going to be fun.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
4pts after 10. Same as Pedan. Maybe Pedan was meant to be the replacement for Tokranov. 1 more than the all time great Batyrshin. Btw Tokranov has 0g3a on high octane SKA. You were saying?
I was saying 4 point after 10 games is exactly the pace Tokranov was usually scoring at? Also lets check in again after this week when Ak Bars have played all those terrible teams. I assume they will score more than 2 goals in some of those for a change.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I was saying 4 point after 10 games is exactly the pace Tokranov was usually scoring at? Also lets check in again after this week when Ak Bars have played all those terrible teams. I assume they will score more than 2 goals in some of those for a change.
1.It's you who from not knowing Tokranov as well as we do here think he is some real deal OD. Replacing him is not going to be a tough task.

2.Last game was against Sibir of all teams. Postma has't recorded a point in it. Playing against "all those terrible teams" is hardly what we should look at here.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
1.It's you who from not knowing Tokranov as well as we do here think he is some real deal OD. Replacing him is not going to be a tough task.

2.Last game was against Sibir of all teams. Postma has't recorded a point in it. Playing against "all those terrible teams" is hardly what we should look at here.

1. Nobody was saying replacing him was going to be a tough task. All people have said he and his role on his team require replacement which was brought in. Yet no matter how many people of what level tells you this you keep banging your own drum. You are literally arguing against what GM of your team said. It's pretty surreal you keep telling the man who made the decision is wrong about the line of thinking which led to making it even though you are fine with the decision itself. That is some next level shit.

2. It's not about Postma scoring or not, it's about waiting until there is more than 1 point separation between Azevedo and some scoring superstars like Pedan or Potapov. Because with a sample size like this anyone can prove anything. Lukoyanov is tied for the scoring lead and Tkachyov has fewer points than half of the defenseman on the team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And yet at the end of this week Postma is on a very quiet 3 game point streak and tied for 3rd in team scoring.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And yet at the end of this week Postma is on a very quiet 3 game point streak and tied for 3rd in team scoring.
LOL Against which teams? Oh and by the way Batyrshin is one point behind. Little did we know that we have such an offensive talent hidden on our roster.

No, seriously, Markov gets rested and Postma promoted to Markov's PP spot to score against one of the worst powerplays in the league. He scored alright, but just as I pointed out against those teams Batyrshin is scoring too.

Let's have a talk after some achievements against better teams.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Let's have a talk after some achievements against better teams.
Weren't you the one talking after 10 games and relatively cold stretch for both Postma and entire team? :huh:

Also Batyrshin is 2 points behind unlike after the first 10 games because like I said, naturally as the season progresses the separation between point producers and guys who luck into their points will increase. Lukoyanov also isn't leading the team in scoring anymore and the guys on the top of the scoring list are more or less the ones that are supposed to be there.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Weren't you the one talking after 10 games and relatively cold stretch for both Postma and entire team? :huh:

Also Batyrshin is 2 points behind unlike after the first 10 games because like I said, naturally as the season progresses the separation between point producers and guys who luck into their points will increase. Lukoyanov also isn't leading the team in scoring anymore and the guys on the top of the scoring list are more or less the ones that are supposed to be there.
And what happened to thecold stretch? Nothing. The team is not playing. Hangover or whatever, but nobody actually performs. They are grinding out wins against bad teams and lose to them. Postma is no savior. And if Markov sits he will get points, somebody has to, but that doesn't mean he's great at being an OD. The PP is still bad and Postma is not making it better. And you miss my point. The Great Separation doesn't mean a thing here. If Batyrshin scores at all then something is very wrong with the team's defence. And the return of The Garipov will only make things worse.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Postma... an OD... in the KHL... Just get sober.

His grand total of pts is 41 in the last five(!) seasons and 190gp in the AHL and NHL.

<...>

Just don't try too hard to look like an expert. I don't pretend to know much about everything and everyone, but I know a thing or two about players my team signs. As well as it's former players.

Anymore "offensive defencemen" who can't score points for the last half-decade out there to sign?
10 points in 16 games. Well, 16th still in progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad