KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
He's been there since I started watching the KHL, it's would to be weird to see him in another sweater. I remember reading that he stayed in Russia because of starting a family early. Maybe a return to Moscow or Yaroslavl?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
He is still a 40 point player, wouldn't make sense for him to retire. From what I understand, there is nothing certain about him leaving Magnitka either.

Yeap, it's more likely Datsyuk will retire :-D

BTW, Damir Zhafyarov is going the NHL? I read that on Sport24.ru. I'm not sure if he is ready to play in US/Canada, reckon if he stayed and worked his way up in KHL he'd be in a stronger position.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
BTW, Damir Zhafyarov is going the NHL? I read that on Sport24.ru. I'm not sure if he is ready to play in US/Canada, reckon if he stayed and worked his way up in KHL he'd be in a stronger position.
It would make sense, he is kinda approaching that now-or-never age, he has also played well enough to garner some interest.

He is, however, just not an NHL player... It's harsh but it would be in his best interests to not even want to try. But if he does, it's either this year or the next before that window basically closes. Thing is, the longer he stays in the KHL, the more money he loses by having to play in the AHL, eventually. If he goes now, he probably walks away from 400k contract in Russia, in a year that's likely 800k contract.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So it's been sort of announced Mozyakin is staying at Magnitka albeit for 1/3 of his salary which is very fair considering it's still ~650k dollars and he is still a pretty good player.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Here the Russian media collected the first information about foreigners who will sign in the league. These news were reported by media in respective countries earlier.

Roman Will (G), Rögle BK (SHL) to Traktor
Mattias Tedenby (F), HC Davos (NL) to Vityaz
Jere Karjalainen (F), Tappara (Liiga) to Sibir?
Roman Červenka (F), SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers (NL) to Barys/KRS Beijing?
Matěj Stránky (F), HC Třinec (CZ) to Spartak
Linus Hultström (D), Djurgårdens IF (SHL) to Vityaz

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's kinda sad to see Rogle have their best team likely ever, don't even get to play in the PO and be stripped of all the talent. Their leaders have been announced as leaving the team. Will has been linked to Traktor, Curran has reportedly signed with Avangard, Brithen is going to KHL or NLA as well (not clear yet).

Reactions: Witte49

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It's kinda sad to see Rogle have their best team likely ever, don't even get to play in the PO and be stripped of all the talent. Their leaders have been announced as leaving the team. Will has been linked to Traktor, Curran has reportedly signed with Avangard, Brithen is going to KHL or NLA as well (not clear yet).
I admit it might not be a case for those guys (Will & Hultström), but we can see more guys leaving Sweden because the SHL clubs agreed not to sign the players due to coronavirus. Perhaps, more guys moving to Switzerland as well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There isn't really more movement than usual... There are only so many import slots after all. And guys with over PPG in the SHL will obviously always try to cash in on that.

The body of players going around the leagues will always remain pretty much the same due to import limitations, it's just re-arranging the chairs on the deck. If SHL guys were to move to KHL or NLA the guys currently in the NLA and KHL would just move to SHL. There is little spillover in this system.

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Magnitka on the hunt and apparently in talks with Finnish Harry Pesonen. Does anyone know his credentials?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
So it's been sort of announced Mozyakin is staying at Magnitka albeit for 1/3 of his salary which is very fair considering it's still ~650k dollars and he is still a pretty good player.

He didn't accept a new offer from Magnitka. There are rumors about him going back to Loko.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
News breaking of Admiral leaving KHL for a season due to regional government suspending their sponsorship due to virus. Odd timing with this being announced on April 1st.

Reactions: Exarz

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
News breaking of Admiral leaving KHL for a season due to regional government suspending their sponsorship due to virus. Odd timing with this being announced on April 1st.
Yeah April 1s is pretty peculiar timing but at the same time, it's the first day of the month which somewhat makes sense for this kind of thing..

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Ilya Kruglov, a talented WJC silver medalist, will stay at Dynamo Moscow for 2 years. Reckon it's a good decision for player development IMHO

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Kazakh players will not count as foreign players on Russian clubs from next season, very good new for Kazakh hockey, but probably will make Barys life that much tougher. Lokomotiv is already sniffing around Starchenko and Mikhailis also can't be lowballed into accepting lower salary than previously.

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
So now it is official what the Latvians are not going to resign with us. Personal favourites for me. Hopefully they go to Riga. Viklund, Hersley, Ivan Visjnevskij, Kokarev and Malykhin is also leaving.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
So now it is official what the Latvians are not going to resign with us. Personal favourites for me. Hopefully they go to Riga. Viklund, Hersley, Ivan Visjnevskij, Kokarev and Malykhin is also leaving.

Daugavins and Karsums were awesome, have to agree. Hersley not so bad either. Malykhin in his short stay also show some flashes. Viklund just meh and Kokarev is a dog shit so not much of a loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->