KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Can you link that direct quote? Not saying it didn't happen but there can be much more to it than "I don't like this guy lets trade him".

Depth players are indeed depth players. But you know who SKA's depth players are? Kuzmenko, Karpov, Kagarlitsky, Yakupov... And Ak Bars got Tikhonov instead. Hardly an amazing value. Yes depth players are depth players but I don't get your argument how Ak Bars wasn't in the position to ask for a better one. And I know that whoever gets the best player in the trade wins it. There is no value in getting 5 players that are crap for a good one.

Furthermore, please explain me the depth chart. Rukavishnikov isn't mobile, has no offense and doesn't play on the right. So who is he, in your opinion, overtaking in the depth chart? Pedan? Come on now.
After the trade:

Tikhonov 5gp 0g3a +6
Rukavishnikov 5gp 1g3a +6

Ozhiganov 4gp 0g1a 0

Not to mention the one man debut sensation Dynyak with 5pts in his first two games in the KHL. Another "scrub" from the SKA system AkBars was "forced into" taking by the bad, bad SKA.

Maybe if you stop bending facts to fit your claims like calling Kuzmenko, Kagarlitskiy and Yakupov SKA's depth players...

Maybe you should just accept the obvious. SKA is just traditionally terrible at handling their assets and AkBars just made some good trades. And even if they were induced by injury related holes in the lineup and it's just 5 games past the trade they are working out great for AkBars so far. Tikhonov is exactly the veteran guy to fill the hole left by Tkachyov. The "barely third pairing guy" Rukavishnikov has four points in 5 games and that's obviously way more than what Ozhiganov managed with SKA.

And another trade with SKA for a former MHL leading goal scorer looks like pure gold for now.

Now do me a favor and reread your post.

Really?

As for the quotes:

Генменеджер «Ак Барса» об обмене Ожиганова: «Это пожелание Квартальнова»

Квартальнов об обменах: «Ак Барс» стал порослее, считаю, мы удачно сработали»

Виктор Тихонов: «В СКА с пониманием отнеслись к моей просьбе. Я благодарен, что меня обменяли»

So basically Kvartalnov wanted Ozhiganov out and Tikhonov wanted out of St.Petersburg.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wow here rides in Cpt. Hindsight. Ever since he got to SKA it would take Rukavishnikov ~35 matches to score 4 points. He did it in 5 games for Ak Bars which is obviously not the luck of any kind but a great calculation you saw coming miles away.

Dynyak wasn't from the SKA's system altogether, last time he had anything to do with SKA was in 2015 where he played in the MHL as a 17-year-old kid. But it is quite impressive you didn't know Dynamo St. Petersburg isn't SKA's farm.

And last but not least, Kuzmenko, Tikhonov and Yakupov are literally the bottom 3 in SKA TOI among the forwards. Kuzmenko is even below Tikhonov. So can you explain how are they not depth players and who is then? Because there is literally no one else but kids who get dressed as 13th forward below them. What facts am I bending?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Kunlun Red Star is dropping Canadian players like hot potatoes this season...just announce forward Wojtek Wolski is on waivers. Think he'll try the AHL now?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Kunlun Red Star is dropping Canadian players like hot potatoes this season...just announce forward Wojtek Wolski is on waivers. Think he'll try the AHL now?

Don't think so. He's still pretty good and expensive so either still KHL or Switzerland imo

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wolski has had a terrible season, especially considering the expectations but he definitely isn't going to the AHL. Someone in Switzerland or Sweden will pick him up. Even DEL can pay more than the AHL.

Reactions: Hzzz

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
What's up with this deal? Vityaz going to the playoffs and giving away their number one center??? Basically for free. They must get at least some money as a compensation?
Didn't they get rights to a player that will never sign for them anyway? :sarcasm:

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Vitaly Kravtsov leaves Traktor. What is the future for this guy? I wonder if he is going to stabilize his career...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After the trade:

Tikhonov 5gp 0g3a +6
Rukavishnikov 5gp 1g3a +6
After this post:

Tikhonov 7gp 2g0a -1
Rukavishnikov 8gp 0g1a -5

It's almost like after the ridiculous 5 game stretch those guys turned back into what they were supposed to be all along. And Dynyak scored 0 points since, naturally.

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Whatever, removing #92 from the team was a positive move from any standpoint, it's a 75 mil roubles walking bag that has zero defensive capabilities and is a burden on the team without any significant perks that can offset this (PP puck moving skills like Markov had). In any case, I was willing to give Kvartalny a chance but these recent trades :loony:, they are terribad (we are already behind Omsk and probably Salavat in terms of raw skill, and now it's even worse) and getting rid of homegrown skaters won't sit well with the fans (well, I'm really disappointed and don't see any positive effects of trading a top-12 center for a LTIR'ed winger who was never getting more points than our local boys from the grinder lines). I'll hold my judgement till the spring, but it does not bode well (I thought there is nothing worse I've witnessed as our sweeping loss vs Balashikha, but it seems there's a chance for a worse blowout this time)

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Regarding Ozhiganov: he might look fine from a purely statistics point of view, as stats don't show the atrocious breakaways for the opposing team and other flops he routinely created each game even against the bottom feeder teams. Our team had solid defense during the Bill times, now it's not Ak Bars, but Ak Breakaway, as this stupid 'run-n-gun' style of the play creates vast void zones in the mid and leaves the defencemen solely responsible for preventing the other team from breaking out and creating odd man rushes. I shudder what will happen with the team in the playoffs

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
After this post:

Tikhonov 7gp 2g0a -1
Rukavishnikov 8gp 0g1a -5

It's almost like after the ridiculous 5 game stretch those guys turned back into what they were supposed to be all along. And Dynyak scored 0 points since, naturally.
How convenient of you to leave out the other side of the equation. There are two sides in a trade.

Mr.Ozhiganov the OD(since my post you refer to)

11gp 0g 3a 0+/-

And let me add that SKA has gone on a tear in that stretch 10 wins, one loss. Ozhiganov seems to NOT be a big part of all that winning.

Now let's update you post

Rukavishnikov

11gp 1g 1a -6+/-

Tikhonov

11gp 3g 1a -1+/-

And AkBArs is sliding hard well below .500 in that stretch.

Still looks like the players AkBars got provide plenty more offence.

So again, your trade assesment wasn't any good.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Whatever, removing #92 from the team was a positive move from any standpoint, it's a 75 mil roubles walking bag that has zero defensive capabilities and is a burden on the team without any significant perks that can offset this (PP puck moving skills like Markov had). In any case, I was willing to give Kvartalny a chance but these recent trades :loony:, they are terribad (we are already behind Omsk and probably Salavat in terms of raw skill, and now it's even worse) and getting rid of homegrown skaters won't sit well with the fans (well, I'm really disappointed and don't see any positive effects of trading a top-12 center for a LTIR'ed winger who was never getting more points than our local boys from the grinder lines). I'll hold my judgement till the spring, but it does not bode well (I thought there is nothing worse I've witnessed as our sweeping loss vs Balashikha, but it seems there's a chance for a worse blowout this time)
I don't expect a series win in spring unless the first round is against magically somehow Traktor or something. Those trades are all on Kvartalnov and his "philosophy" of hating high grade talent.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And let me add that SKA has gone on a tear in that stretch 10 wins, one loss. Ozhiganov seems to NOT be a big part of all that winning.
Interesting assessment since he has played over 20 minutes in 4 out of last 7 games and is basically #2D after Zub now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Interesting assessment since he has played over 20 minutes in 4 out of last 7 games and is basically #2D after Zub now.
Okay, let's dig right through it.

In that stretch

Zub 5g 2a +8
Tokranov 1g 1a +7
Khafizullin 0g 3a +5
Belov 2g 0a +4
Bengtsson 1g 2a +3
Galenyuk who is at WJC now 0g 0a +1

Zemchenok and Dyblenko I took out of it because they are on rotation and play very few minutes especially for defencemen. Rundblad because he only played a couple of games before the injury in that period.

Galenyuk I only took in to show a comparison to a teenager on the same squad.

So it turns out on that list of SKA defencemen Ozhiganov is dead last in +/-(as he is dead last for the whole season and all SKA defencemen).

I did not say he is not part of the team, I said he seems to not be the reason of their recent success.

I am not happy with the latest moves AkBars made, but that trade was obviously not a bad one.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
All those stats is nice and all but one look at TOI and your argument is answered. He might be dead last in +/- (he is still not even in the negative territory) but he still plays 20 minutes per night.

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Former Gagarin Cup winner and KHL player joined Czech Ocelari Trinec... Shame Wolski didn't sign with the KHL team. He still could be a good addition to the roster.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So first offseason news are starting to arrive, Admiral announced Ljung, Olkinuora and Almqvist are leaving the team. The interesting part about it is that it means Lalonde and Bakos are still possibly in extension talks.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He is still a 40 point player, wouldn't make sense for him to retire. From what I understand, there is nothing certain about him leaving Magnitka either.

Reactions: rohky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad