KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
So did Pivtsakin yet sign with CSKA? He would make their defense better because CSKA would have to rely less on Panin and Bondarev.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
No, only money.
I hope Gusev will play in the World Championship this year, the guy is mega talented.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I really wonder how much does it cost to just buy All-Star player like that in the middle of the season from the team which was about to have their first successful season since forever.

I mean from financial perspective, sure, Gusev didn't benefit Yugra much as no player really benefits Yugra financially all that much. But at the same time they sold their pride, ambitions and whatnot. How much does that cost? In some way this is actually similar to Gretzky trade.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
It's because KHL is in a weird position, halfway from the Superleague, halfway to the NHL. It has some of the NHL-ish things half-done: a flexible "salary cap" without open salaries info, a draft that doesn't work, a loan that is prohibited, but exists, trades that don't involve players etc.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Should have thrown in Tkachev, Kadeykin and Dergachev. In a year or two when they turn into Gusevs they can trade them in for some new shiny unproven youngsters. The exchange could go on forever.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well after releasing Roth for no real reason one could have guessed Sibir have something cooking. Meszaros is not that bad of an option, I guess.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Elliot Friedman reported NHL teams are coming over to scout Zaytsev at the Eurotour since his agent confirmed he will leave for the NHL next season. It was only rumored before, now I suppose its confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad