KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Sochi has released Konstantin Koltsov, Torpedo has released Vyacheslav Makritsky, Vityaz has released Ilya Shinkevich and Spartak has released Dmitri Korobov and Andrei Antonov. This is most likely due to the new rule that counts players from Belarus as foreigners.

Here's an article with Alexei Zhamnov talking about the departures of Korobov and Antonov: http://tass.ru/sport/2214633

Hopefully they can find new jobs in Astana, Minsk, Riga, Bratislava or Zagreb (Jokerit is already full). Such a stupid decision!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
My beer league team could use Makritsky. As a depth player.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kostitsyn bros would be a huge addition to Minsk, obviously. Lalande, not really. I doubt they need him at all.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
60 NHLers who made more than $1 mill USD last year are still without contracts. This is due to the cap forcing teams to give more opportunity to younger, cheaper players. Bad time for KHL to implement the Belarus & Kazhak foreigner rule, there's going to be a lot of NHL caliber guys looking to europe.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
And to further add to my point above, Goc and Lapiere sign in Europe. In addition, Derek Roy's agent complaining to the media that he can't believe no team will sign his client. The list goes on of long time serviceable NHLers looking for work. IMO this was the summer the KHL should have made the NHL pay with its salary cap issues and reluctance to complete much needed expansion. Instead they further reduce the import limit :facepalm:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And to further add to my point above, Goc and Lapiere sign in Europe. In addition, Derek Roy's agent complaining to the media that he can't believe no team will sign his client. The list goes on of long time serviceable NHLers looking for work. IMO this was the summer the KHL should have made the NHL pay with its salary cap issues and reluctance to complete much needed expansion. Instead they further reduce the import limit :facepalm:

I guess you missed all the news reports of Russia's economic issues (especially regional governments that fund many of the smaller teams) that have lead to salary issues with many KHL teams plus the fact that Roman Rotenberg wants to cut KHL salaries by 20-50%. So no, there was no way the KHL was going to make the NHL "pay".

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I guess you missed all the news reports of Russia's economic issues (especially regional governments that fund many of the smaller teams) that have lead to salary issues with many KHL teams plus the fact that Roman Rotenberg wants to cut KHL salaries by 20-50%. So no, there was no way the KHL was going to make the NHL "pay".

Guess you don't understand how economics works, remove the imports and not only do Russian players become cheaper, but so do import players.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Guess you don't understand how economics works, remove the imports and not only do Russian players become cheaper, but so do import players.

If salaries are reduced, so will the quality of imports. Also more and more Russians will be looking at North America or maybe even Switzerland as an option.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Avangard trades Goncharov to Salavat for Lekomtsev. Pretty weird since things are really looking pretty good for Omsk and this is a good player for a bad player kind of trade. There has to be moneys involved and some bigger plan in mind on Avangard's part.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Avangard trades Goncharov to Salavat for Lekomtsev. Pretty weird since things are really looking pretty good for Omsk and this is a good player for a bad player kind of trade. There has to be moneys involved and some bigger plan in mind on Avangard's part.

Who mis the good player here? Haha

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Who mis the good player here? Haha

Well good maybe is a bit of an exaggeration but still Goncharov is a rightie, big, physical, serviceable D for a team that has everything going for it. Other than money reasons why fix what's not broken?

Maybe I'm just clueless, maybe Lekomtsev is way better than I thought but atm he seems like a downgrade to me.

loppa*

Maybe we have a secret plan to get Voynov. :naughty:

I came across this article today...
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/immigration-officials-kings-slava-voynov-custody-143214751--nhl.html
...so suppose he does get deported. What would his options be?

I see it in two ways... to be part of a Canadian NHL team and play in the NHL for home games only, of the Canadian team.

OR, to join a KHL team. Are there any other options?

I also don't think that there is any secret plan, but rather that this is all a matter of odd coincidences.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Some pretty big transfers happened, most notably Belov is going from SKA to Ak Bars.

Also, something might happen around Palola seeing as he's playing on Vytiaz' 4th line.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Tkachev to join SKA, he is not on Quebec's roster (they already have 2 imports) so it appears he is returning to Russia.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think he has much of a chance to be on SKA roster either tho. It would be best if SKA "loaned" him somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad