KHL Season 2019/20

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The message was made by siroky to Slovak tv end of April.
But as he didn’t proof so far we don’t know more ...
But the poster does not care to find it out. To search for all the details of the story. And he does not understand the reaction of another poster, because he does not know that details (even you told him it twice), but he has no problem to criticise the club, the league and anybody. I would not make any comment on him if he knew all the details, but he does even not know news published by media outlets ... pointless discussion.

Last edited:

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
The message was made by siroky to Slovak tv end of April.
But as he didn’t proof so far we don’t know more ...

Okey. So we (common hockey fans) dont have anything new after KHLs tweet, so it is only natural to be worried about the fate of Slovan in KHL. Luckily slovaks apparently solved the problems of Banska Bystrika, so slovaks would propably get some international club hockey next season even if Slovan falls. Ofcourse it is not the same, but it is more than nothing.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
I still hope the best but we will see
KHL Deadline is end of May so just 8 days left
I guess after championship we know it

Well Russians can be very flexible in these cases, so I would say that the ultimate last deadline would be the day next season start. If KHL is about to compile calendar with and without Slovan, it will give more time to settle the problems. Lets hope for the best.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It is time to sum it up.

We have posters here claiming:

1.Jokerit will not have a new owner because nobody wants to buy the club.
2.Slovan will not have a new co-owner, and will not play the KHL anymore because nobody wants to buy the club.

Let us wait a few days to get the verification to these two statements done by several posters here.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
It is time to sum it up.

We have posters here claiming:

1.Jokerit will not have a new owner because nobody wants to buy the club.
2.Slovan will not have a new co-owner, and will not play the KHL anymore because nobody wants to buy the club.

Let us wait a few days to get the verification to these two statements done by several posters here.

As usually faulty claims and conclusion based on those same faulty claims. Many finnish posters may have said that it is hard to thing any finnish businessman want to buy Jokerit, because it is a money losing "business". That does not rule out, that somebody might nevertheless want to buy it. Or even some foreigner, that maybe wants some contacts in Russia. Or somebody else, like for example those Chinese that want to built a railway tunnel between Helsinki and Tallinn. So you are wrong again. Probably same thing with Slovan. Many may wonder, who in their right minds would want buy Slovan, because it would only lose money and it already has big debts to pay. That does not rule out that there is somebody that would nevertheless buy it. The difference between you and many others here is that you expect us to believe rumors and the rest of us only believe facts, when they are presented the right way. Saying something, without proof is not facts and definitely not the right way to present it as a fact to make people believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jussi

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Google translate does come up with interesting translations but the original source seems to be iSport.cz. They're not reporting it as fact yet and Ruzicka himself denies having signed a contract.

This is pretty much what the original article in Russian says. Based on the reports from isport.cz, it is assumed that Ruzicka will sign a contract. It is expected to be announced on May 27. Yet Ruzicka himself says he has nothing to say at the moment, he has no signed contract. Still, I'd consider this to be a positive step. At least, something seems to be brewing. Better than total silence. But I'm a KHL hater... I have conflicted ideas. I should hate that Slovan stays. :sarcasm:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Google translate does come up with interesting translations but the original source seems to be iSport.cz. They're not reporting it as fact yet and Ruzicka himself denies having signed a contract.
Should most likely be a standby signing that gets official if Slovan solves its problems and continues operating in the KHL

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Torpedo back to western conference now, I guess? As of now, west has 11 teams to 13 of the east.

Well, KHL was a very beautiful dream but it is falling apart. I hope it will benefit Russian hockey in general, at least.

Reactions: Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Torpedo back to western conference now, I guess? As of now, west has 11 teams to 13 of the east.

Well, KHL was a very beautiful dream but it is falling apart. I hope it will benefit Russian hockey in general, at least.
It was announced Avangard is moving West if Slovan isn't playing. It was a stretch having them in the East in any case.

All things considered, I'm semi-proud of KHL board. At least they didn't wait till the last and told everyone "we know Slovan is in deep shit and we are preparing for them not playing". So only the most ignorant of us didn't have a sense what's going to happen. As opposed to the Russian way of crossing your fingers and hoping everything works out for the best until the very last minute.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wikipedia has Sibir in the kharlamov division now can anyone confirm? Why wouldn’t it be Ufa?
Nothing is officially confirmed but it won't be Ufa. KHL divisions aren't only aligned geographically, they also split up the best teams into different divisions. That's why CSKA is in the different division than all the other Moscow teams. Historically, Ak Bars and Salavat were never in the same division and it will most likely remain that way forever. Having them plus Magnitka and Avto in the same division while leaving Chernyshev's with only 2 solid teams would make little sense.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Who are some young guys with nhl potential? Like 20 year olds, that haven't been drafted. Ilya morozov (the dman)? Zub?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Looks like the KHL read @hansomreiste posts about playoff schedule. According to media, the league plans to play just one Western game and one Eastern game during one day in the 2nd playoff round next season. They want to avoid a situation when two Western games started at the same time. And vice versa. Now, you can watch an Eastern game followed by a Western game in one day, no time-collusion (except Avangard, you know).

Of course, that is just media rumours, the league will announce an official schedule scheme next week.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Why hasn't there been more information about pre season schedules for each team? Should they start playing in a couple of weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad