KHL Season 2018/2019

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Anyone know of a site which tracks up to date season attendance numbers across the league? I know how to find this info for each game but looking for aggregation.

This might be the year KHL gets in front of the Swiss for average attendance: Attendance 2017-2018
Usually this site publish the attendance reviews, cca mid season and after season. This blog has something.

I follow the attendance very closely, on daily basis, so I can tell you. This season is average attendance of 6720 fans after 13 games. We will see how it is after the last game of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: hansomreiste

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
The perpetual attempt of CSKA to win every single stinkin' game they play 1-0, despite amassing every single decently talented player from Moscow Russia to Moscow Idaho, fell a bit short tonight, as they lost, ya you guessed it 3-1 to Avto.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I realize that my writing this will send them into a losing skid that won't end until sometime around the end of the second EHT, but Riga are making an early case that they might be worth watching this year. They played Avto really tough in an opening game loss on the road, and tonight they stunned Magnitka on home ice 2-1. Not sure how this plays out long term, but it would be nice if Riga were a decent team again.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Who would you guys say are the 5 best KHL Defenseman 23-and-under?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Omsk is playing some amazing hockey..

This start reminds me of Beşiktaş, a Turkish club. Some years ago when their stadium was demolished to make way for another one in the same spot, they won the division unexpectedly, having played all 17 home games in different cities. It'll be a bitter taste for me if we end up winning it all but anyways, a Gagarin Cup is what it is - never would say no to one.

By the way, are there any news on Arena Omsk? Will it have to be demolished or are there hopes of saving it for the next season? I sometimes check championat.ru or some other sites but don't see anything about it.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
This start reminds me of Beşiktaş, a Turkish club. Some years ago when their stadium was demolished to make way for another one in the same spot, they won the division unexpectedly, having played all 17 home games in different cities. It'll be a bitter taste for me if we end up winning it all but anyways, a Gagarin Cup is what it is - never would say no to one.

By the way, are there any news on Arena Omsk? Will it have to be demolished or are there hopes of saving it for the next season? I sometimes check championat.ru or some other sites but don't see anything about it.
There were reports the experts to finalise an analysis by the end of August. Then the Avangard´s Board need to study it and reveal their decision to public. It takes time.

Btw, I like Krylov´s words. He said he gets why Arena Omsk is for 10000k, but if he made a decision at the time, he would vote for 12-15000 arena.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
where did gilbert brule sign? he's still more than decent
He is still out there on the market. Osala is too, probably some other good players as well. Waiting for the dominos to fall in a right way for them, I guess.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Since this is a very general question I will give a very general answer off the top of my head: Gavrikov, Zub, Rykov, Demidov, Lyamkin.

Also off the top of my head and kind of biased towards potential: Gavrikov, Rykov, Zub, Dronov, Morozov.

Focusing on the lesser known guys - Do you guys expect zub, demidov, morozov, or lyamkin to try to come to the NHL eventually? And which would you expect to be the most succesful?

Thank you, BTW. I appreciate the lists.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wish there was a better answer than "who knows" but there isn't. It's all up to them, they all have the talent to get an ELC. Success-wise, Zub looks like an NHL defenseman. Others are works-in-progress.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Current ability, in no particular order - Gavrikov, Rykov, Vereshchagin, Zub, Yelesin
Potential - who knows, it’s difficult to compare ‘95 to ‘99 and 00’s.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Can someone please remind me which teams are using NHL or Finnish size rinks this year?
NHL - Amur, Admiral (at least last season)
FIN - Ak Bars, Neftekhimik, Vityaz, new arena Dynamo Msc

Sibir will have the Finnish size since next offseason, plus in new arena in 2023. Magnitogorsk will consider the Finnish size next summer.

Reactions: malkinfan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Anyone know of a site which tracks up to date season attendance numbers across the league? I know how to find this info for each game but looking for aggregation.

This might be the year KHL gets in front of the Swiss for average attendance: Attendance 2017-2018

Usually this site publish the attendance reviews, cca mid season and after season. This blog has something.

I follow the attendance very closely, on daily basis, so I can tell you. This season is average attendance of 6720 fans after 13 games. We will see how it is after the last game of the season.

Стадионы - КХЛ - регулярный чемпионат - Хоккей

Albeit in Russian

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Watching Sibir this year, is about as enjoyable as going to the dentist for a prolonged root canal. Up 3-1 over Dynamo Moscow early in the second, they immediately went into dumpster fire mode and before the end of the second it was 5-3 Dynamo. As soon as Paris gets their team, I'm jumping on that bandwagon.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
To be honest, with 2 losses in a row and all the talk going around, there was no way Dinamo is going to lose this one. Sibir was set up for a loss.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yepashintsev isn't a bad coach but playing Kulik on 1st PP unit.. Like how does one even come up with this stuff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad