KHL Season 2017/18

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
In the past, Viaplay subscribers in the Nordic countries had access to NHL Gamecenter where they could watch every game but I don't know if it's still available.
Got to check it when preseason starts but for me personally I havent even used it anymore because you can watch all the games from Viaplay and they stay in on demand service for 2 days.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
What a game from my boys from Khabarovsk! Especially happy for Slava Ushenin' s GWG

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I know it is still early to talk about that but it looks like golden days of MMG are now a thing of past, especially when it comes to defending. SKA versus CSKA in West against Avangard versus Ak Bars in East. Heard it here first. Maybe not. :sarcasm:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, Magnitka's defense is as bad as expected. Just really not good at all. They also lost to Traktor 2nd time in a row, home and away, both in regulation. They need to improve that defense or they are at risk of finishing 5th in the conference.

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
From what I've watched of CSKA I have been unimpressed. The team has looked disjointed and lacking of much skill. As usual, they are relying on too many grinders such as Telegin, Andronov, Lyubimov, Popov.

On a positive note: Kaprizov and Shalunov have looked terrific. Also the young unit of Okulov, Svetlakov and Kuzmenko have looked strong. These guys need more ice time over the grinders for this team to beat out SKA.

Side note: will we ever see Nichushkin step up into a staring role? I feel like he will be the type that never reaches his potential

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I know there will be fewer games this season due to the exlucison of Novokuznetsk and Medvescak but still it feels like KHL decided to put fewer games on a given day and instead spread them around. I say "it feels like" because I don't know if KHL announced anything something like that. Last year, there would be days with one or two games, followed by long hockey days of sometimes eight or even ten matches. This season though, it looks like we have a decent amount of games every day; not just one but not six or seven either, which honestly looks good for people like me who are obsessed to just KNOW about every single game.

The way KHL handles the streaming services is another story, though. It feels like they're doing their best to screw with international audience or simply put, they don't even believe we exist.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I know there will be fewer games this season due to the exlucison of Novokuznetsk and Medvescak but still it feels like KHL decided to put fewer games on a given day and instead spread them around. I say "it feels like" because I don't know if KHL announced anything something like that. Last year, there would be days with one or two games, followed by long hockey days of sometimes eight or even ten matches. This season though, it looks like we have a decent amount of games every day; not just one but not six or seven either, which honestly looks good for people like me who are obsessed to just KNOW about every single game.

The way KHL handles the streaming services is another story, though. It feels like they're doing their best to screw with international audience or simply put, they don't even believe we exist.

14998639391981041166.png

more tables here.

1-14 means how many games per day
As you can see, this season we have 1 day with 10 games & 2 days with 12 games. Last season the KHL had 17 days with 10+ games.

I think a reason for fewer games is not Novokuznetsk/Medvescak but Olympics. Last season we had 160 hockey days (with at least one game), this season we have only 145 hockey days, that is gap of two weeks, so the league had to make a compromis somewhere & they decided to have fewer games per team.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Salavat were understandably angry after having 2 really bad losses but man did they smash Sochi..

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Phillip Larsen (UFA) scored a coast to coaster yesterday in that insane 11-3 win. anyone with non geoblocked highlights.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Its really frustrating not even being able to watch highlights...

They are really shooting themselves in the foot here...

Btw, whats up with Stephane Da Costa, is he not under contract??

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
We have Kondratyev and Jordan in the line up today (plus a proven sniper like Turbin...). So there are no excuses anymore: Magnitka must fall....:yo:

..... And the Almighty Gods of Hockey heard my prayer....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->