KHL Season 2017/18

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
At almost the exact moment that Traktor scored to make it 3-1, Barys scored to go up 3-1 on Omsk.

12 minutes left to play in Novosibirsk. End of the first period in Astana.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Sibir lose to Traktor, so Amur are in for sure. Sibir need Barys to hold on to their 3-2 lead over Avangard or they will be out. About 11 minutes left in the second period of that game. :popcorn:

Reactions: jaco

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Anybody watching the Barys-Avangard game explain what happened on that Dawes goal? It looked like they reviewed it and called it a goal, and then reviewed it again and reversed the decision. Am I losing my mind or is that actually what happened? And if so, why?

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
End of the second period in Astana, and Barys has frittered away the 2 goal lead. 3-3 heading to the final period.

Neftekhimik score an own goal, but still lead 2-1 with 6 minutes to play in the second.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Caught the Avangard game just before leveling the score 3-3. Good match and a lot at stake.

Hoping Sibir clinch it but I wish Omsk the best if they succeed.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Gotta love freaking Barys. First they piss away a 2 goal lead. Then all they had to do was hold on for another 60 seconds and take the game to OT and Sibir would have been in the playoffs. Are they capable of that? No, of course not. Omsk score with a minute left to play, and knock Sibir out. Un-freaking-believable. From this day forward I will forever hate Astana.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Avangard just scored with only 1min to go, LOL. Feel sorry for Sibir. As much as I love this team, we don't deserve anything. Anyways, Salavat would destroy whichever team they face, so not much intrigue here. Without SKA domination, this season could be a legendary one in terms of parity and unpredictability.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Gotta love freaking Barys. First they piss away a 2 goal lead. Then all they had to do was hold on for another 60 seconds and take the game to OT and Sibir would have been in the playoffs. Are they capable of that? No, of course not. Omsk score with a minute left to play, and knock Sibir out. Un-freaking-believable. From this day forward I will forever hate Astana.

Commiserations, man. I like Sibir (one of the best jerseys) so I was a little gutted to see Avangard score at the end.

This result will intensify those games between ye and Barys next season.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
This result will intensify those games between ye and Barys next season.

I doubt it. I plan on e-mailing Kim Jong Un and telling him Donald Trump is hiding out in Astana's rink. The nuclear bomb that hits it should assure that Astana isn't playing again any time soon.

And not to be outdone for biggest choke of the day, Neftekhimik pissed away a 2 goal lead to Magnitka, and gave up the go ahead goal with 3 minutes to play. The loss, plus Avto's win against Ugra, drops Neftekhimik from the 3 seed to the 5 seed. Which means they lose home ice advantage and have to play Magnitka in the first round. What a way to mess up a perfectly good season.

First round in the east will be:

Ak Bars v Amur
Salavat v Avangard
Avto v Traktor
Magnitka v Neftekhimik

That all assuming I have done my math right. If not, feel free to correct me.

Reactions: CPFC

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
. The loss, plus Avto's win against Ugra, drops Neftekhimik from the 3 seed to the 5 seed. Which means they lose home ice advantage and have to play Magnitka in the first round. What a way to mess up a perfectly good season.

Ak Bars v Amur
Salavat v Avangard
Avto v Traktor
Magnitka v Neftekhimik

I think Neftekhimik plays Traktor if it goes like 1-8, 2-7 etc. but not sure if there's some other rule I don't know.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I doubt it. I plan on e-mailing Kim Jong Un and telling him Donald Trump is hiding out in Astana's rink. The nuclear bomb that hits it should assure that Astana isn't playing again any time soon.

And not to be outdone for biggest choke of the day, Neftekhimik pissed away a 2 goal lead to Magnitka, and gave up the go ahead goal with 3 minutes to play. The loss, plus Avto's win against Ugra, drops Neftekhimik from the 3 seed to the 5 seed. Which means they lose home ice advantage and have to play Magnitka in the first round. What a way to mess up a perfectly good season.

Ak Bars v Amur
Salavat v Avangard
Avto v Traktor
Magnitka v Neftekhimik

Traktor vs Neftekhimik
Avto vs Magnitka

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Ok, I just didn't update the standings after the Traktor-Sibir game. So yes, Neftekhimik draw Traktor, which is probably even worse than drawing Magnitka considering how well Traktor have been playing the last month or so.

Avto-Magnitka should be a great series.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Spartak has decent following, constantly over 9k people recently. CSKA can only dream of such crowd, not that it's even theoretically possible but they have hard time selling out their much smaller arena, usually around 4k spectators at their games.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
0-0 after 1 in St. Pete. What's remarkable is that in their last four periods against the Red Army's, Severstal have given up 1 goal.

Huge PP goal for Spartak has them up 1-0 with a couple minutes to play in the first.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
I'm very disappointed with Amur. Like this team all season long but come on - most important game of the season and you can't beat bunch of nonames? Admiral now is on Yugra/Lada tier or even worse. They are lucky Sibir have choked even better at home ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->