KHL President basically ruled out possibility of NHL Vs KHL game for now

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I don't see why. They have nothing to lose.

If they were to find a way to win it be huge for their market perception.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
It wouldn't even be a contest, that's why. Presumably the KHL would want its best players on its team, therefore the NHL would have the same opportunity.

Here's the NHL All-Star team:

Draisatl-McDavid-Kane
Marchand-MacKinnon-Pastrnak
Panarin-Eichel-Kucherov
Ovechkin-Crosby-Matthews

Hedman-Carlson
Josi-Weber
Werenski-Jones

Vasilevskiy
Rask

And here's the KHL All-Star team:

Does it matter?

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
It wouldn't even be a contest, that's why. Presumably the KHL would want its best players on its team, therefore the NHL would have the same opportunity.

Here's the NHL All-Star team:

Draisatl-McDavid-Kane
Marchand-MacKinnon-Pastrnak
Panarin-Eichel-Kucherov
Ovechkin-Crosby-Matthews

Hedman-Carlson
Josi-Weber
Werenski-Jones

Vasilevskiy
Rask

And here's the KHL All-Star team:

Does it matter?

Without really knowing it would likely have been an exhibition similar to the annual one where the russian juniors take on North American junior teams each year. It would be like a very good AHL all star team playing NHL teams.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They’re an inferior league and it would be a bad idea to broadcast exactly how inferior. It’s better to just enjoy what you have. Nothing against them. I know I don’t want to see a college football team play an NFL team, and I love college football.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
They’re an inferior league and it would be a bad idea to broadcast exactly how inferior. It’s better to just enjoy what you have. Nothing against them. I know I don’t want to see a college football team play an NFL team, and I love college football.

But what if that college team plays the Browns?!

Reactions: tucker3434

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's for the best. Some KHL owner would pay big $$$ to pull a Tanya Harding on the Spittin Chiclets friends.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Interesting in the way watching an adult beat up a child is interesting?

The KHL should maybe start first with the AHL.

Baby steps and all.
AHL to KHL is like KHL to NHL. So, the KHL would have no benefit playing with a lower tier league, and the same goes for the NHL.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
KHL vs AHL would make more sense.
They’re an inferior league
An NHL team couldn't even beat a mid-table team from Switzerland. There's no doubt that KHL could beat the NHL on an an international sized rink.
NHL sucks.png

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I don't think it would be beneficial for the KHL to get beat down by the NHL, so this makes sense.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
eh, we’ve seen at the Olympics that flashy talent doesn’t necessarily equal chemistry. The game might end up closer than people here think.

It may also be interesting to see the best of the SEL, DEL etc join forces with the KHL for an NHL vs the world game.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I wouldn't mind a KHL tour of some sort to play Original 6 teams. Kind of like how russians juniors come to play CHL teams.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
AHL to KHL is like KHL to NHL. So, the KHL would have no benefit playing with a lower tier league, and the same goes for the NHL.
Any KHL team? Or a stacked KHL team?

And the delta between the KHL and the AHL is a he'll of a lot smaller than the delta between the KHL and the NHL.

You want to challenge the king? You prove you can take on a prince first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad