KHL pick 'em tournament

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Christmas week results are in. I had one of my best weeks of the season, with the high score and am now the overall leader.

K is on break now until next Tuesday. I'll try and get a schedule out tomorrow, but in any event you have an extra day to get your picks in. Happy New Year guys!! :handclap:

I had 9+9=18, season total 129
Hansome 8+6=14, season total 126
Jaco 7+6=13, season total 127
Acallabeth 8+3=11, season total 111
Tommy Salo 6, season total 117

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well clearly Tommy Salo enjoyed his Christmas turkey this year, cuz he came flying out of the gate. He scored a whopping 17 bonus points this week to garner our high score. Hansome had a good week too, and jumped back into 1st in the overall standings. Good week all around guys :)

Tommy Salo 12+17=29, season total 146
Hansome 10+14=24, season total 150
Acallabeth 13+8=21, season total 132
Jaco 14+3=17, season total 144
Go Donbass 12+5=17, season total 146

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well Jaco had a monster week, wracking up 33 points to jump out into the overall lead. He tied for most correct picks with 14, and then crushed with 19 bonus points, including two exact guesses. Nice work! Hansome had a nice week too, but fell a point back of Jaco in the overall standings. Things are heating up down the stretch. All star weekend coming up!

Jaco 14+19=33, season total 177
Hansome 12+14=26, season total 176
Tommy Salo 14+9=23, season total 169
Acallabeth 13+9=22, season total 154
Go Donbass 11+3=14, season total 160

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys, first off let me apologize. I didn't realize the format for the ASG had changed this year, so the bonus questions for that game are moot, and no points will be awarded. I don't feel too bad though, as none of you knew about it either or I'm sure you would have pointed it out to me ;)

Anyways, Jaco did not have a solid week with his picks, but nailed the bonus questions to increase his lead. Only other person to get bonus points this week was Tommy Salo.

Jaco 4+12=16, season total 193
Hansome 8, season total 184
Tommy Salo 7+3=10, season total 179
Go Donbass 10, 170
Acallabeth 8, season total 162

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well week 19, and Jaco is starting to run away with it. He had his second 30+ point week of this half. He had a remarkable 17 correct picks and 14 bonus points. Everyone picked well this week and managed some bonus points, except for poor Hansome who was unable to get his picks in this week.

Coming down to the home stretch of the regular season. I'll run a playoff version of this as well. If you have any ideas on how we can do it, just send them my way.

Jaco 17+14=31, season total 224
Tommy Salo 12+9=21, season total 200
Go Donbass 15+10=25, season total 195
Hansome 1, season total 185
Acallabeth 14+6=20, season total 182

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I think every single game in play-off must be included. As rounds progress, gains would also increase. This way, predicting a Gagarin Cup game would be way more important than, let's say, predicting scores for an Metallurg-Admiral series. I think bonuses must be kept (and maybe enhanced, like predict the series winner or who will advance etc). Everything else is quite fine. I simply think that the reward must get more important as tournament goes on. First round games give 1pts but Gagarin Cup final games each give 4pts and such stuff...

I don't have a concrete idea but this is basically what I have in my mind for play-off. And maybe carry some of the regular season points to play-off so that infidels like me and Acallabeth won't go unpunished. Think of us like hockey teams. I mean, if you came last in KHL, you wouldn't be in play-off. Then why the guys with lowest amount of points should start equal with the ones who have the most? I mean, jaco must be in a more advantageous position than me when play-off pick 'em starts.

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
I think at the start of the PO version everyone should start from scratch. In order not to discourage anyone who could join (Salavat Yulaev? You read me?)

But I agree that the games deeper in the playoffs should award more points

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
International break next week, so no pick 'em schedule. I have made a schedule for the last week and it will post it soon. There's lots of games in the last week, and lots of bonus games, so should be lots of opportunities for guys to make up ground or lose it as the case may be :). Enjoy the week off guys.

I'll post the results for this past week soon :)

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So I have the week 20 results in, and Tommy Salo is our weekly winner. He tied with Jaco for most correct picks (15) and had a nice 9 bonus points. Acallabeth had a nice week too, with 11 bonus points to finish in second with 23 points. One more week after next and our second half champ will be crowned, and then it's on to the playoffs!

Tommy Salo 15+9=24, season total 224
Acallabeth 12+11=23, season total 205
Jaco 15+6=21, season total 245
Go Donbass 11+9=20, season total 215
Hansome 11+3=14, season total 199

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys, I'm in the process of moving right now, so I've been a little busy. Sorry for the delay in getting the final regular season results in for you, but here goes. And it looks like our second half winner is....drum roll please.....Jaco!!! Congratulations my man. Jaco decided not to back into the title either, as he had a pretty remarkable week picking 17 correct winners and amassing an impressive 17 bonus points for a total of 34 points on the week and an impressive 271 points in the second half. Hansome had the most remarkable week of all, with 17 correct picks and an incredible 22 bonus points for a total of 39 points on the week. Well done!!

So our two winners were:

1st half: Hansome
2nd half: Jaco

Great season guys. Next season I'll be living in Odessa Ukraine, which will make running this a lot easier as I'll be in a time zone that's closer to all of yours. Hope you are enjoying the playoffs and here's the final stats:

1st place: Jaco 17+17=34, for a total of 271 points
2nd place: Tommy Salo 18 +9=27, for a total of 251
3rd place: Go Donbass 14+11=25, for a total of 240
4th place: Hansome 17+22=39, for a total of 238
5th place: Acallabeth 16+6=22 for a total of 227

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Thank you Dean for doing this...

It was (and still is) fun to play. Hopefully next season some other guys will join us!

By the way, moving from Vancouver to Odessa seems like a bold move to me!

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Congratulations, jaco, and thank you all for participating and also Go Donbass for his effort - it is indeed very nice to be a part of this. But I think I have to thank Salavat Yulaev before everyone else; without him, I wouldn't get the title in first half. :laugh:

And Dean, I wish the best for you, hope you'll have a good time in Odessa. This August, I also moved to Lviv from İstanbul to study, but later on realized that my move was more than bold and I ended up staying at a horrible dorm which was too old and where there was NO Ukrainian at all - so I didn't even look back and realizing that it would be too costly for me to rent a flat or live somewhere else, just ran away back to Turkey. :laugh: However, I was in Kyiv for almost a month recently and I still sometimes get too emotional about it. Ukraine is an amazing country - though it is not when you're a stupid and poor student who has no idea what he's doing. :sarcasm:

Sorry mods for going kinda off-topic, but I'm too sensitive about Ukraine, couldn't keep my mouth shut seeing someone moving there!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
grrr, I even come last in the thank you posts!
A very fun tourney. Thank you Go Donbass, congrats Jaco! I hope more posters will join the next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad