KHL pick 'em tournament

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Well three of the five of us had 12 correct picks (Hansoms, Tommy Salo and Jaco), I had 11 and Acallabeth had 8. Everyone scored at least some bonus points, but Hansom had the big score hitting the CSKA-Avangarde game for 10 points. So after week 7 it looks like this:

Hansom had 25 points for a total of 104
Jaco had 24 for a total of 93
I had 17 for a total of 93
Tommy Salo had 17 for a total of 85
Acallabeth had 17 for a total of 59

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I think this week was the first one where ranking didn't change at all - everyone remained at where they were but of course, there were improvements and concerns about points pretty much for everyone. Let's start with "relatively useless" rankings here, first comes the weekly leader one,

3MiXuWQ.png

Who scored how many points and when... Even though nobody was able to hit the jackpot with double points (or at least, I think so), this week still produced 100pts in total, making it the most generous week thus far,

http://i.imgur.com/Loqg9Ag.png

In "Point Per Week" ranking, Acallabeth has kept gaining speed with +1.43pts but is yet to fly.

MKyZ1nF.png

And finally, overall ranking... As I previously stated, everyone is now staying at where they were last week but not firmly - not at all! jaco for example closed the 7pt gap with Go Donbass to be tied with him in 2nd place, only to be beaten by the virtue of LofW to remain 3rd. Acallabeth stopped the bleeding and stayed in range for a surgical strike which will surely come sooner or later - the question is: where will we be when Acallabeth Nation strikes?

AtCoow2.png

With no double points in Week 8, the rankings are unlikely to be changed dramatically but still, considering the point range, significant ups and downs shouldn't surprise anyone. Good luck!

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
International break this week, so we'll take the week off. I'll try and get the sked posted for Week 9 by sometime tomorrow so you have lots of time to get your picks in. Enjoy the break :)

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys,

So the results this week were as follows:

I had 16 points for a season total of 109
Hansom had 15 points for a season total of 119
Jaco had 14 points for a season total of 107
Tommy Salo had 13 points for a season total of 98
Acallabeth had 12 points for a season total of 71

The numbers differ somewhat from those that Hansom posted in the Week 8 thread. So maybe tally your numbers and see if I missed something. The stats for the sake of the bonus points were:

1st Loko goal: 19:03 first period
Neftekhimik goalie made 29 saves
There were 12 PIM's total in the Vityaz-Jokerit game
The final score in the Magnitka-Sibir game was 3-2 Magnitka
The score after the second period of the Severstal-Slovan game was 2-0 Slovan
There were 62 total shots in the Traktor-Kuzny game

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hi everyone,

Following the last week of the KHL play, there was no positional change in overall ranking. The competition is still very tight and this is reflected by the weekly results. Everyone improved his "point per week" ranking with Go Donbass making the biggest jump with +0.34. This is a significant spike because he already has a lot of points and a very good PPW average. Without further ado, here are the tables...

Overall ranking,

xCSSkzN.png

Point-per-week table and comparison from last week's PPW,

24ZPXQM.png

Weekly ranking,

miJifMg.png

And finally, leader of the week chart. After three weeks of 25+ it looks like we've calmed down!

Axeg7cJ.png

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys,

We have one more guy that wants to join us. As this is the half way point of the season, do we want to just declare a first half winner and reset the points to zero to accomodate our new player, and also it would allow Acallabeth back into it as well.

I'll let it be a straight majority rules.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Hey guys,

We have one more guy that wants to join us. As this is the half way point of the season, do we want to just declare a first half winner and reset the points to zero to accomodate our new player, and also it would allow Acallabeth back into it as well.

Yep, I want expansion just like KHL :)

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Welcome Salavat Yulaev

No problem for me. The more we are, the better... (as long as you can handle it, that is)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hey guys,

That makes perfect sense to me. In fact, I have an idea to extend this one: we can have a third mini-season for play-off time separately or as an extention of the second one but with more points. I mean, for example, correct predictions in play-off would give 3pts instead of 1 and bonus points would be even more crucial. Stuff like that. In later rounds, points would increase even more. This way, it's all unpredictable and easily accessible for everyone who wishes to join later on, even after missing one or two weeks - I'll keep posting PPW chart so we may have different winners for different tables.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
That makes perfect sense to me. In fact, I have an idea to extend this one: we can have a third mini-season for play-off time separately or as an extention of the second one but with more points. I mean, for example, correct predictions in play-off would give 3pts instead of 1 and bonus points would be even more crucial. Stuff like that. In later rounds, points would increase even more. This way, it's all unpredictable and easily accessible for everyone who wishes to join later on, even after missing one or two weeks - I'll keep posting PPW chart so we may have different winners for different tables.

Ya, I was definitely thinking of running a playoff version too, and your system sounds good. We can discuss it more closer to the end of the season :)

Since everyone seems to be on board with declaring a first half winner I'll tally up the results later and disclose who our winner is.

Good to have you on board Salavat :)

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Salavat,

Here's how the bonus game scoring works.

So just so everyone knows, the way the points structure works for the time and period of first goal bonus is as follows:

You must predict the correct period.

Within 2 minutes of the correct time you get 3 points

Within 1 minute of the correct time you get 4 points

Within 30 seconds of the correct time you get 5 points

If you predict a shut out you get five points.

I'm going to keep this structure, but I've realized how difficult this task can be. So starting next week, as long as you predict the correct period, if no-one is within 2 minutes of the correct time, then the person closest to the correct time will get 2 points.

Hope that makes sense, if not, please ask and I'll clarify.

And just so you understand how the rest of the bonuses work,

The games where you have to pick the correct number of something, eg. PIM's or shots, etc. the points are:

5 points for exact right pick
3 points for closest to (only awarded if no-one has the exact right pick)

If more than one person is exactly right, they will all get the full 5 point bonus. Same goes for closest to.

The games where you have to pick a correct score:

5 points for exact right pick
3 points for correct score differential (only awarded if no-one has picked the exact score)

If more than one person is exactly right, they will all get the full 5 point bonus.
Same goes for having correct score differential

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So I've totaled up the scores and our first half winner is....drum roll please....Hansome!!! :handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

1st half final stats:

Hansome scored 19 points for a total of 138
Jaco had a stunning 28 points for a total of 135
I had 24 points for a total of 133
Tommy Salo had 18 points for a total of 116
Acallabeth had 14 for a total of 85

Congrats to Hansom for the first half victory.

I am resetting my spread sheet to 0 to accomodate our new player Salavat Yulaev, so if you have any questions regarding any of the scores from the first half, make sure you ask me before next Sunday when I calculate everyone's scores. I'll keep them until that date, but after that they are lost to cyberspace for ever. Been awesome so far guys, keep up the good work :)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Thank you, Go Donbass! And of course, everyone, who made this section great again by partaking. As for the charts, no worries; I will post them today in the evening or tomorrow and they're all safe and sound on my Drive, so if anyone wishes to see the past results, they can either check this thread or ask me personally for the records, which I'll be keeping.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Sorry for the late update guys. Here is how our first season (or edition) ended: In final week, jaco leapfrogged Go Donbass to take the 2nd place, thanks to his amazing 28pts which is also the record for the most points in a single week. Aside from that, in terms of ranking, there was no change. Here are the final rankings,

BXlzy40.png

Here is the point-per-week table, which only matters because of the week Acallabeth missed. Bad news: no matter what, he comes dead last. Good news: one week doesn't change much. I removed the minus/plus part since this part ended, it will probably be a thing again for the current season.

yRxne5D.png

And here we see who did how and when... In fact, I had the idea of creating graphs for each player but was too lazy to do it. Again, while not promising, I think this may be a thing for current season. It would help us see how bumpy, unpredictable and therefore funny the progress had been. I mean, just look at jaco's last four weeks: 11-24-14-28. This deserves a graph!

YAM5WJw.png

Finally, most points in a single week... jaco opened the curtain with a very modest 8pt performance in first week, when bonuses were not introduced yet and then closed it with a remarkable 28pts in the last one. I and Go Donbass were the competitors with most points for three times each, jaco had two to start and finish. While TommySalo triumphed once, in third week with 15pts, Acallabeth couldn't get his name on the list.

1HJHMnx.png

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So the second half is underway and a really good start for everyone. In terms of actually picking the winners Jaco had our high score with 18. The low score was 15 which is still pretty outstanding. From now on I will post the scores to reflect how many correct winners you had, plus the number of bonus points you received, then your total score for the week followed by your overall total.

Just a reminder to Salavat, to make sure you pick your winner for the game in the bonus games. Last week you just put what you thought the result would be of the bonus portion and didn't pick a winner. I gave you credit for the final score games, but for everything else I couldn't.

Tommmy Salo had 15+8=23
Hansome had 16+6=22
Acallabeth had 16+3=19
I had 16+3=19
Jaco had 18+0=18
Salavat had 15+2=17

Last edited:

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Just a reminder to Salavat, to make sure you pick your winner for the game in the bonus games. Last week you just put what you thought the result would be of the bonus portion and didn't pick a winner. I gave you credit for the final score games, but for everything else I couldn't.

Thank you!

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Hey guys, sorry the week 11 stats are so late coming out. I kept meaning to do them all last week and just kept forgetting or found myself busy. Anyways, without further ado,

Hansome was the weeks high scorer with a total of 11+14=25, season total 47
Tommy Salo was next with 15+9=24, season total 47
Jaco was third with 11+11=22, season total 40
Salavat had 9+11=20, season total 37
I had 11+9=20, season total 39
Acallabeth had 13+6=19, season total 38

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So nothing for a week and now you get results on back to back days. When it rains it pours :)

The scores were all relatively close this week, in terms of correct winner and bonus points.

Jaco was the high scorer with 13+16=29, season total 69
I was second with 11+17=28, season total 67
Hansome had 15+11=26, season total 73 (1st overall)
Acallabeth had 16+9=25, season total 63
Tommy Salo had 16+3=19, season total 66
Salavat never got any picks in, season total 37

I noticed in today's games that I had Dynamo Moscow playing Magnitogorsk. Dynamo Moscow played Avto and Magnitka played Minsk today, so I never counted that game.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
International break this week guys, and not enough games to justify doing the pick 'em, so we'll take the week off. I'll try and get a schedule for the week after up tomorrow so that you have lot's of time to get your picks in.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Finally had some free time to tally up last weeks results. Tommy Salo had a monster week. He had the most correct picks with 17, and 15 bonus points for a huge 32 point week. That jumps him over Hansome for the league lead. He was also the first one of us to get under that 2 minute mark in picking a time and period of first goal bonus game. He was within 44 seconds of the correct time and period of the Traktor first goal, and got 4 points for that. Great job. We also had several exact right guesses in a few of the bonus games, including myself who correctly picked two scores. Really interesting week. It's the second week Salavat never made picks, so I'll assume we have lost him and won't put his score up anymore.

Tommy Salo 17+15=32, season total 98
Me 9+16=25, season total 92
Hansome 8+15=23, season total 96
Jaco 10+11=21, season total 90
Acallabeth 12+8=20, season total 83

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Gonna create 2 different posts for the past 2 weeks results. Last week was brutal for upsets and it showed in our picks. The bonus points helped us all out though, especially Jaco, our high scorer and new overall leader. Good work!

Jaco 9+15=24, season total 114
I had 11+8=19 season total 111
Acallabeth 11+6=17, season total 100
Hansome 10+6=16 season total 112
Tommy Salo 7+6=13, season total 111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad