KHL pick 'em tournament Week 8

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Games start Monday:

1. Kunlun v Loko Time and period, 1st Loko goal (shut out pick 0)
2. Spartak v Torpedo
3. Admiral v Amur
4. Lada v Yugra
5. Neftekhimik v Avto Total saves Neftekhimik goalie makes (If you think it will be a shut out, say "shut out" and get regular 5 points, plus 2 bonus points)
6. Traktor v Sibir
7. Salavat v Avangarde
8. Sochi v Torpedo
9. Vityaz v Jokerit Total PIM's both teams combined
10. Kunlun v Amur
11. Lada v Avto
12. Loko v Minsk
13. Magnitka v Sibir Final score
14. Dynamo Moscow v Jokerit
15. Spartak v Sochi
16. Neftekhimik v Yugra
17. Severstal v Slovan Score after second period
18. Loko v Jokerit
19. Ak Bars v Avto
20. Traktor v Kuzny Total shots, both teams combined
21. Vityaz v Minsk

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
1. Loko - 8,27 /1st period/ Loko's first goal
2. Spartak
3. Admiral
4. Lada
5. Avto 24 saves for Neftekhimik goalie
6. Traktor
7. Salavat
8. Sochi
9. Jokerit 22 Total PIM's both teams combined
10. Amur
11. Avto
12. Loko
13. Magnitka 5-2 Final score
14. Dynamo Moscow
15. Spartak
16. Neftekhimik
17. Slovan /1-1 score after second period/
18. Jokerit
19. Ak Bars
20. Traktor 52 total shots, both teams combined
21. Vityaz

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
1. Kunlun v Loko Time and period, 1st Loko goal: 10.00 1st
2. Spartak v Torpedo
3. Admiral v Amur (but we will outshoot them!)
4. Lada v Yugra
5. Neftekhimik v Avto Total saves Neftekhimik goalie makes: 22
6. Traktor v Sibir
7. Salavat v Avangarde
8. Sochi v Torpedo
9. Vityaz v Jokerit Total PIM's both teams combined: 18
10. Kunlun v Amur :yo:
11. Lada v Avto
12. Loko v Minsk
13. Magnitka v Sibir Final score: 5-1
15. Spartak v Sochi
16. Neftekhimik v Yugra
17. Severstal v Slovan Score after second period: 2-1 Severstal
18. Loko v Jokerit
19. Ak Bars v Avto
20. Traktor v Kuzny Total shots, both teams combined: 48
21. Vityaz v Minsk

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
1. Kunlun v Lokomotiv, First Loko goal in 1st period, 11:02
2. Spartak v Torpedo
3. Admiral v Amur
4. Lada v Yugra
5. Neftekhimik v Avto, Total saves Neftekhimik goalie makes: 27
6. Traktor v Sibir
7. Salavat v Avangard
8. Sochi v Torpedo
9. Vityaz v Jokerit, Total PIM's both teams combined: 36 (never forget January 9, 2010!)
10. Kunlun v Amur
11. Lada v Avtomobilist
12. Lokomotiv v Minsk
13. Metallurg MG v Sibir, Final score: 4-1
15. Spartak v Sochi
16. Neftekhimik v Yugra
17. Severstal v Slovan, Score after second period: 2-2
18. Lokomotiv v Jokerit
19. Ak Bars v Avtomobilist
20. Traktor v Metallurg NK, Total shots, both teams combined: 49
21. Vityaz v Minsk

Last edited:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
1. Kunlun v Loko 7:36 1st period Time and period, 1st Loko goal
2. Spartak v Torpedo
3. Admiral v Amur
4. Lada v Yugra
5. Neftekhimik v Avto 25 Total saves Neftekhimik goalie makes
6. Traktor v Sibir
7. Salavat v Avangarde
8. Sochi v Torpedo
9. Vityaz v Jokerit Total 20 PIM's both teams combined
10. Kunlun v Amur
11. Lada v Avto
12. Loko v Minsk
13. Magnitka v Sibir 4-2 Final score
15. Spartak v Sochi
16. Neftekhimik v Yugra
17. Severstal v Slovan 2-3 Score after second period
18. Loko v Jokerit
19. Ak Bars v Avto
20. Traktor v Kuzny 55 Total shots, both teams combined
21. Vityaz v Minsk

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I hope Acallabeth hasn't left us. :shakehead I don't exactly know how bonus points work* but I assume nobody got anything for Loko game today, which means we all scored 2pts at best for today's games. So, in fact, he lost nothing and still can join with predictions starting from Tuesday. And based on this fact, I actually think making Monday games without bonus might work well since some of the guys may not have time to submit them on Monday or simply may forget about it.

* This is not because Go Donbass isn't explaining things but I'm not smart enough to grasp. :laugh:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I hope Acallabeth hasn't left us. :shakehead I don't exactly know how bonus points work* but I assume nobody got anything for Loko game today, which means we all scored 2pts at best for today's games. So, in fact, he lost nothing and still can join with predictions starting from Tuesday. And based on this fact, I actually think making Monday games without bonus might work well since some of the guys may not have time to submit them on Monday or simply may forget about it.

* This is not because Go Donbass isn't explaining things but I'm not smart enough to grasp. :laugh:

Yes, on the time and period of first goal bonus games, if no-one is within 2 minutes, no-one gets points.

And Acallabeth can still get his picks in, but obviously won't get credit for today's games.

Last edited:

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
So just so everyone knows, the way the points structure works for the time and period of first goal bonus is as follows:

You must predict the correct period.

Within 2 minutes of the correct time you get 3 points

Within 1 minute of the correct time you get 4 points

Within 30 seconds of the correct time you get 5 points

If you predict a shut out you get five points.

I'm going to keep this structure, but I've realized how difficult this task can be. So starting next week, as long as you predict the correct period, if no-one is within 2 minutes of the correct time, then the person closest to the correct time will get 2 points.

Hope that makes sense, if not, please ask and I'll clarify.

And just so you understand how the rest of the bonuses work,

The games where you have to pick the correct number of something, eg. PIM's or shots, etc. the points are:

5 points for exact right pick
3 points for closest to (only awarded if no-one has the exact right pick)

If more than one person is exactly right, they will all get the full 5 point bonus. Same goes for closest to.

The games where you have to pick a correct score:

5 points for exact right pick
3 points for correct score differential (only awarded if no-one has picked the exact score)

If more than one person is exactly right, they will all get the full 5 point bonus.
Same goes for having correct score differential

Hope that clears things up :)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Thank you for the clarification - in fact, as I said, it was quite understandable and clear earlier too but I just had no idea about how split was made and since there have been additions after the game started, point system was not in one place but rather scattered across different threads. Now the things are crystal clear, I think I might put daily scores here. How do you calculate the results? Do you do it on Sunday after all is done or do you have a daily spreadsheet where you keep scores throughout the week? Please, regardless of what I do, keep tracking the results - you can never trust me with the math. I am that guy who calculates the age of little brother -10 in tests.

As for the "time and period" suggestion, I think it makes perfect sense. Predicting a 5min period in a 60min game is very difficult and the best you could get for it so far was 5pts. So, in a sense, compared to other bonus points, the likelihood of hitting the bonus is same or even less but the point you get for it is also fewer. For this reason, a simple "The closest one gets 2pts as long as he predicts the period" would be really cool and make that bonus type more relevant.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Oh and by the way, does correct score get 5pts as you write earlier or is it a mistake? Because last week (and the week earlier as well) I was given 10pts for correct scores. If I recall correctly, it was like correct score gets 10pts and goal differential gets 5pts.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Oh and by the way, does correct score get 5pts as you write earlier or is it a mistake? Because last week (and the week earlier as well) I was given 10pts for correct scores. If I recall correctly, it was like correct score gets 10pts and goal differential gets 5pts.

I'll try and answer all your questions here.

Every week I make up a schedule using One Note. I then cut and paste that list into the reply box in HF Boards and just kind of determine the bonus games on the spot. On Sunday, I go to KHL.ru and I verify all the winners, as well as get the results of the various bonus games. From these various lists I determine everyone's points.

As to your second question. The reason you got ten points for that game, was that was one of the double points games. But yes, normally you would have gotten 5 points for that game.

Any other questions or suggestions just shoot them my way :)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
That clears the air for me, thank you!

..well, almost...

The world would be a great place if everyone trusted each other as much as you trust Amur. :laugh: I feel myself like a "bad lover" after seeing how affectionate you are with Amur and when I go like, "Stupid Avangard will do something stupid again but anyways, let's try to predict what they're up to!"

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
So we are now already two days in and if I didn't do any mistakes, here is how it looks for now... (Correct picks + bonus points > total points)

Go Donbass 4 + 0 > 4
TommySalo 4 + 0 > 4
hansomreiste 1 + 3 > 4
jaco 2 + 0 > 2

Nobody got bonus for Lokomotiv's first goal since it came in 19th minute, which is way later than we all predicted. I think I received 3pts for the saves Neftekhimik goalie makes. The correct number was 29, which was not predicted by anyone. 27 from me is the closest, followed by 25 of Go Donbass, 24 of TommySalo and 22 of jaco. Remove bonus points and I'll probably come dead last. :laugh:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'm with you, just was a bit busy.

1. Kunlun v Loko Time and period, 1st Loko goal: 1st period, 19:03.
2. Spartak v Torpedo
3. Admiral v Amur
4. Lada v Yugra
5. Neftekhimik v Avto Total saves Neftekhimik goalie makes: 29
6. Traktor v Sibir
7. Salavat v Avangarde
8. Sochi v Torpedo
9. Vityaz v Jokerit Total PIM's both teams combined: 37.
10. Kunlun v Amur
11. Lada v Avto
12. Loko v Minsk
13. Magnitka v Sibir Final score: 5:4.
15. Spartak v Sochi
16. Neftekhimik v Yugra
17. Severstal v Slovan Score after second period: 2:3.
18. Loko v Jokerit
19. Ak Bars v Avto
20. Traktor v Kuzny Total shots, both teams combined: 50.
21. Vityaz v Minsk

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
1. Kunlun v Loko Time and period, 1st Loko goal: 1st period, 19:03.
2. Spartak v Torpedo
3. Admiral v Amur
4. Lada v Yugra
5. Neftekhimik v Avto Total saves Neftekhimik goalie makes: 29
:D So that's how you wanna catch up with our Turkish buddy?:D

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I love that 37 PIM in Vityaz-Jokerit in particular!

So following today's results, here is how it looks. Please keep in mind that there may be mistakes in this, the final and valid results are the ones Go Donbass share at the end of the week.

Today, jaco got 3 bonus points since he predicted the closest number in Vityaz-Jokerit game with 18 PIM, which is just 6 more than what was actually registered in the game. The rest, including me, obviously expected a way tougher game and therefore were left empty-handed. Aside from that, out of 4 games today, jaco predicted 2 correctly. TommySalo and I both had 3, Go Donbass got 1 and Acallabeth joined in with a promising 3/4 start.

So, after three days, weekly ranking is as follows (today's points in parenthesis)

jaco................ 7 (+5)
hansomreiste....7 (+3)
TommySalo.......6 (+2)
Go Donbass......5 (+1)
Acallabeth .......3 (+3)

God I love tables so much.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I was actually very close, only missed by one major and one retaliation roughing :dunno:

Today, you were even closer and this time with extra points, congratulations!

So, here is how it looks with Thursday and Friday games included... Yesterday, there were 3 games with no bonus points. Today, we had two with one of them having correct score prediction. Aside from TommySalo, who predicted both winners today, everyone else expected wins for Magnitka and Jokerit, only to be denied by Dynamo Moscow who beat Jokerit 3-0. So, today, excluding bonus points, TommySalo chalked up 2pts while the rest remained at only 1 thanks to Magnitka win.

However, this time around, we also have bonus points going the way of Acallabeth. Obviously, he deliberately misses some days and weeks to make his comeback look even more epic. He got 3pts for predicting goal differential in Magnitka-Sibir game, by going for a 5-4 win for Magnitka which turned out to be a 3-2 one for the steelers. Go Donbass came really close to getting 5pts while denying Acallabeth his 3 with a 4-2 prediction but in the end, it seems we all underestimated Sibir and barring Acallabeth, they showed us the middle finger.

The following weekly table is updated to Friday results. The numbers in parenthesis indicates the points collected in Thursday and Friday together. So far; jaco, I and Acallabeth had 3 bonus points while TommySalo and Go Donbass are yet to register.

hansomreiste.......11 (+4)
jaco...................10 (+3)
Acallabeth............9 (+6)
TommySalo..........9 (+3)
Go Donbass.........8 (+3)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
We wrapped up the week with the final horn of Vityaz-Minsk game today and I'm back with two-day and final update. This time, I will make it in three separate parts: Saturday, Friday and overall weekly ranking.

Saturday

Saturday was the busiest and for some, most profitable day of the week with 5 games and bonus points. Most important thing first: No, nobody got any bonus points for Severstal-Slovan game where we all predicted the score after second period. While it was 2-0 for Slovan, nobody hit the scoreline or goal differential. However, it was still a good day for Go Donbass and jaco who had 4 correct predictions out of 5. TommySalo followed them with 2 and I and Acallabeth share the last place for Saturday with only 2 correct predictions.

Sunday

The last day of the competition featured two games and bonus points. In addition to predicting winners in Traktor-Kuznya and Vityaz-Minsk, we predicted total shots for both teams combined for the game in Chelyabinsk. The competition for this one was fierce: expected number of shots varied between 48 and only 55. Though the game obviously produced more shots than we all expected and with 62 shots in total, 3 points for getting the closest to the actual figure went to Go Donbass who had put the bar at 55 shots. Here in this day, I and TommySalo got 2/2 and Go Donbass & jaco got 1 games each (though remember, Go Donbass has extra three points) while Acallabeth was forsaken by Kuznya and received no points at all.

Overall Table

With last two days' points in parenthesis (bonus points included), here is how the week concludes,

Go Donbass.......16 (+8)
jaco..................15 (+5)
hansomreiste.....14 (+4)
TommySalo........14 (+5)
Acallabeth..........11 (+2)

Everyone except TommySalo got 3 bonus points this week, so the credit for predicting the highest number of games goes to him. This one was a very tight and close week overall. I, again, wish to remind you that this table is only intended to provide an up-to-date information about what's going on. It may have mistakes, miscalculations, fifth columnists and western spies. Always refer to the tables Go Donbass share in the tournament thread for valid results. So if you ever happen to ask me, "You say I got 15 points but Go Donbass says 13, ***** is wrong with you stupid ****?" then the answer is you got 13 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad